Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Likely. McD didn't have a chance to see the film when he said "Tyrod is our starter," but if he was going to review the film and stick with TT, it would have done no good for the team if McD gave a vague answer. 

I'm betting part of Dennison's reasoning for not getting any sleep after the game was because he knew Tyrod was the problem.  It doesn't take a genius to see Tyrod cannot find the open guy, does not scan the field, and does not throw with anticipation.  He's just not a good QB.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Um ... I think you're missing his point. Bear in mind that Schatz thinks Taylor is at least league average.

His point is what he said, correct? If one thinks Lamar Jackson is a nfl qb because of how he plays in the pocket ... they also must think TT should remain a starter after 7 years in the nfl even though he cant do what Lamar can as a college junior? I don’t ageee that the same person has to be in both camps, makes no sense. 

50 minutes ago, Rise Up Lights said:

NP may throw a pick or 2. He has a more gun slinger mentality. But he processes information very quickly as well, don't think he'll hang onto the ball and take sacks ala Tyrod. I expect more points and yards, but possibly a turnover or 2. He did decent last week coming in cold off the bench.

I'm certainly hopeful and want nothing for this kid to succeed both as a Bills fan and an NP supporter. I like the kids attitude. But he's young and just simply doesn't have the reps or experience yet to not throw a pick or two. But I don't think what we saw in NO can be fully translatable - defense wasn't giving effort, nor did they prep for him and his timing/decision making. No one can honestly outside the preseason, but I don't know that that was a good trial balloon. He did make some great throws that we can hold onto for support, but it's going to be a lot more than just fitting throws. TT has left us hungry for a real passing game.

My issue is if the OL doesn't show up, he'll need to continually throw quick. This may or may not turn into an issue, but with Bosa and Ingram coming at him this isn't an easy first NFL game, nor the pressure of the circumstances looming around him. I wanted him to have a genuine chance and this has the potential to be much more detrimental to his development than not.

But here's to hoping. 

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Because a lot of the. Don’t follow the Bills like we do. Every play regular season and preseason. We see the QB thy Tyrod is and he is not a winner. He doesn’t play to win and doesn’t play with a sense of urgency. We need someone to take a chance once a while and not check down throws on 3rd and long to a RB when we are down in games. 

My girlfriend does not care about football at all, but watching the Bills games she is constantly complaining about Tyrod holding onto the ball too long and then checking it down. It's kind of funny. 

TT is that big play threat, but he isn't methodical like all the great QBs. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

His point is what he said, correct? If one thinks Lamar Jackson is a nfl qb because of how he plays in the pocket ... they also must think TT should remain a starter after 7 years in the nfl even though he cant do what Lamar can as a college junior? I don’t ageee that the same person has to be in both camps, makes no sense. 

No. I'll be blunt: he is saying that a lot of NFL fans are straight-up racists when it comes to the QB position. I'm not going to pass judgment one way or another on his views, but that is what he is saying. It's pretty clear.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

No. I'll be blunt: he is saying that a lot of NFL fans are straight-up racists when it comes to the QB position. I'm not going to pass judgment one way or another on his views, but that is what he is saying. It's pretty clear.

I think it has to do with their style of play and race has nothing to do with it.

Lamar Jackson, just like Taylor, has problems throwing from the pocket.  

Tasker is on WGR and stated that with disciplined defenses that will keep Taylor in the pocket, you essentially can't do anything on offense.  

Tyrod's inability to throw with any kind of consistency in the pocket really limited this offense.

27 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe not Gillislee..he was inactive last game, has done nothing and is danger of being cut I would think...

Gillislee sat because he wasnt part of this particular gameplan. There will be games where he will be used quite often. Pats gameplans are team specific. They dressedb4 rbs and 4 te's last week

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I think it has to do with their style of play and race has nothing to do with it.

No, he's talking about race. Trust me. I'm reasonably familiar with Schatz's work. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, so don't shoot the messenger.

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Who is the racist? The fans? Or the guy who is sitting there using Lamar Jackson as a comparison for Tyrod Taylor. Why are they similar? Because they are black and can create plays with their legs? 

So that means we can ignore their obvious differences, like how much better of a prospect Jackson is? 

Because yah know it's all about having the white guy play anyways. Right?

id say yikes but that won't cover this one.

super sloppy.

Just now, Commonsense said:

Who is the racist? The fans? Or the guy who is sitting there using Lamar Jackson as a comparison for Tyrod Taylor. Why are they similar? Because they are black and can create plays with their legs? 

So that means we can ignore their obvious differences, like how much better of a prospect Jackson is? 

Because yah know it's all about having the white guy play anyways. Right?

id say yikes but that won't cover this one.

super sloppy.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm fairly certain I'm right about my interpretation.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Is McDermott infallible with his decision making process?  Hardly. Let's see how this plays out.

No, but I was told by a certain person here that saying Taylor was a dead man walking after last Sunday was a "overreaction" and I should "Rant on"

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tasker is on WGR and stated that with disciplined defenses that will keep Taylor in the pocket, you essentially can't do anything on offense.  

Tyrod's inability to throw with any kind of consistency in the pocket really limited this offense.

They gave some similar traits (mobility and athleticism) but Jackson is much more of an advanced passer, especially this year.