Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm not saying past is prelude, but the national media tends to be pretty much always right about the Bills (despite what many folks on this board think). Aaron Schatz: 

We will see what happens but TT was getting worse as the season went on. I even disagree that he had a good game against the Jets. Even after getting a lot of weapons around him, he couldn't do a competent job of keeping the offense competitive.  Lot of the comments on that Twitter link are focusing on the poor run D against the saints. But few commenting on how the O couldn't stay on the field, couldn't sustain drives. As bad as the D was, the O was maddeningly frustrating. Forget winning - at least look half way competent and competitive. TT bears much of the blame in not being able to play from the pocket. This is a chance that had to happen. Hope NP doesn't make the O worse. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm fairly certain I'm right about my interpretation.

Well unless you intended to be critical of the message I'm not sure why you linked it. It's pretty sloppy and if it has a racial undertones ain't nobody got time for that.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

No, he's talking about race. Trust me. I'm reasonably familiar with Schatz's work. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, so don't shoot the messenger.

I guess we agree to disagree.

They both have the same issues throwing from the pocket.  With the production and Jackson puts up, he should be the #1 overall pick but he's not even being considered that.

4 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Gillislee sat because he wasnt part of this particular gameplan. There will be games where he will be used quite often. Pats gameplans are team specific. They dressedb4 rbs and 4 te's last week

Yeah they chose to basically not throw it to WR's to take Harris and Talib out of the gameplan and force teh saferies and LB's to cover their backs and TE's

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They gave some similar traits (mobility and athleticism) but Jackson is much more of an advanced passer, especially this year. 

The idea is out there - big time: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/9/16/16319028/lamar-jackson-nfl-quarterback-wide-receiver. Polian is right in the middle of it.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I guess we agree to disagree.

They both have the same issues throwing from the pocket.  With the production and Jackson puts up, he should be the #1 overall pick but he's not even being considered that.

Look harder at what Schatz wrote and know what he's referring to. 

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The idea is out there - big time: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/9/16/16319028/lamar-jackson-nfl-quarterback-wide-receiver. Polian is right in the middle of it.

I saw that ... I do respect Polian but look at the QBs he had. Jim Kelly, Kerry Collins, Peyton Manning. I just dont think he’s embraced the changing Nfl. He would never want a QB like Lamar Jackson. But I think he will be really good. Jmo

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I saw that ... I do respect Polian but look at the QBs he had. Jim Kelly, Kerry Collins, Peyton Manning. I just dont think he’s embraced the changing Nfl. He would never want a QB like Lamar Jackson. But I think he will be really good. Jmo

Yeah, he looks pretty good to me. Time will tell.

ESPN 's take

THREAD name QB Taylor: 'Don't agree' with swap to Peterman

"Tyrod and I met [Tuesday]. Tyrod is a competitor. He is a professional. He was certainly disappointed yet very professional in the way the conversation went and the way he's handled it to this point and I would expect the same moving forward."

Taylor, a team captain, said he has to move forward, but he was "obviously disappointed" with McDermott's decision.

"I don't agree with the decision, but ultimately Coach McDermott has a vision for this team, what he feels is best for the team, as well as the owners and GM," Taylor said. "So I have to move forward and continue to be the leader and teammate that I am from a different role."

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My favorite argument ever (and it isn’t even right). Brady was a 6th round pick. Now look at the other scrubs that were 6th round QBs and tell me how likely it is?

I have no idea, probably not many; but there are plenty of 1st round flops too.  Peterman came in as "the most NFL ready QB".  Here's to hoping!