Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

hey,

the o-line shpould look quite a bit better. we will now be able to run Dennison's version of the WCO. Peterman will hit the 5th step of his drop and, bam the ball will come out.  you are going to see slants and crossing patterns galore. and, you will see tha ball accurately thrown and hit the receiver where the receiver can actually run after the catch. the opposing teams defense will no longer be abl to rush 5 players on everydown. nor wiull they be able to stack the box with 8/9 defenders on every single freaking play. 

you are going to see anticipation throws. 

watch, you'll see.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing this team do the stuff I see so many other teams succeed and win with.

But if it were this easy, why didn't Peterman start the season?

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Peterman is just a lottery ticket.

Would be different if they were switching to Watson or Mahomes when the team was in quit mode.........lotta' pressure.

Not much pressure on lil' Nate Pete.....and if he fails....so be it.

McD saying the team he assembled should be better than 5-4 does reflect a good deal of......umm.....self confidence.

I like that he said that.......bout time some of these apologetic Bills fans realize that he's not an innocent bystander passively in "major rebuild" mode.

Better than 5-4 with this roster? They should be 4-5 given the Atlanta giveaway by the refs.

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Unfortunately his height is a main factor in his issues. He simply can't see the field well and unlike Brees and Wilson, he's hesitant to zip the ball through tight windows, which is how those guys have been so successful.

You realize Peterman is a whopping one inch taller than Tyrod.

I agree with your comments about a faster release and Tyrod's lack of anticipation/reluctance to throw to an "NFL open" receiver, but it isn't going to be better with Peterman because of the height difference.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

You didn't think I'd run away did you? :flirt:

no, not really. I just hope you realize how blind you were in your evaluation of Tyrod. It also a goo thing I didn't take you up on your bet you wanted to do when I proclaimed before the season started that Peterman would start at some point this season. you do remember that don't you?

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

hey,

the o-line shpould look quite a bit better. we will now be able to run Dennison's version of the WCO. Peterman will hit the 5th step of his drop and, bam the ball will come out.  you are going to see slants and crossing patterns galore. and, you will see tha ball accurately thrown and hit the receiver where the receiver can actually run after the catch. the opposing teams defense will no longer be abl to rush 5 players on everydown. nor wiull they be able to stack the box with 8/9 defenders on every single freaking play. 

you are going to see anticipation throws. 

watch, you'll see.

Nope.now you rush 4 and flood the zone and force Peterman to read the defense. 

17 minutes ago, Fallser said:

I'm excited to see something different at least, rather than the same old crap Tyrod brings week in and week out...#PetermanTime

Everybody is excited by something new until the point where they aren't because new is shittier than the same old crap. 

Losman was shiny and new stepping in for Bledsoe who was a statute in the backfield.  JP had wheels and a big arm! Then Trentative was a revelation after watching Losman's feast or famine offense fail to sustain drives.  Slow and steady Trent was great until defenses figured out he couldn't see more than 6 yards beyond scrimmage.  Then gunslinger Fitz was the brand new thing.  Fitzy was so refreshing after Trentative but his style of play turned the ball over way too much. Then EJ was the anointed one, leading comebacks and winning those 4 games until he was a total bum.  Then Tyrod arrived with no fanfare or expectations, won the starting job, and delivered some of the best QB play we've seen since Kelly retired until he too became tied for the worst QB to ever play football.

What makes anyone think new and different will be better? 

Edited by Jauronimo

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

We know thendefense was also a problem. Can we stop with this nonsense pretending like we didn’t? Which change do you make on defense that can fix the issues? Put in Milano, fine. Does that solve the run defense problem? No, it doesn’t. A QB change can however spark an offense. 

National media making it about one game, Bills fans making it about 38 games and McD making it about 9 games. 

46 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Question for anyone who wanted Peterman to get the start. What are your predictions for his production at the Chargers? (Yards-Completions-TDs vs Ints)

have no clue, nor does anyone else. Do have a clue about Tyrod though, prolly 175 and 1 TD, with no picks , and lots of plays left on the field and lots of 3 and outs

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

With our OLine you have two options: get it out quickly or be able to run away. I guess we’ve given up on running away. 

Because teams can stop you from getting away by rushing 5 while maintaining lane discipline. 

In the NFL the ONLY way to beat pressure is to throw the quick pass and force the defense to back off.

Edited by BobChalmers

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

This is a Public Service Announcement. When coming on here next week, please do not reference last Sunday as if it was the norm and standard. And say “Tyrod threw for 56 yards!” as if anyone throwing for 57 or more proves he’s better! You will look stupid, and worse as a football observer than you think Taylor is as a quarterback. ;)

This has been a Public Service Announcement from the National Football League Social Media Association. 

Critiquing his Bills career, sure. Criticizing this year, fair game. 

anyone of the three are basically the same are they not? Tyrod is simply not a QB. it is evident as the screen you are reading this on.

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In MG's defense,  McCoy hasn't been good either.   3.8 ypc on 150 carries is a ghastly decline from last season.

He was vastly overworked in the first 8 games and Tolbert would be in retirement now if not for McD yet he gets important snaps here.     

McCoy has been fine. He is simply being hit a lot sooner in a much worse offensive scheme.

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

minus the int's

but I am willing to bet the passing yardage will be much hihger

Peterman had less INT's, more TD's and more yards than TT last week and he played a handful of series.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Um, they were seventh overall when he was benched after week 16 last year, and they finished 12th in 2015.

Thank the run game.  Not TT.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I love that McDermott made this move. It shows huge guts.   Even though it's obviously the right move.

The last two weeks established that we more than likely will not make the playoffs with tyrod.   We may have a chance to make the playoffs with a functional passing game. Peterman at this point is the only hope for a functional passing game. Even if we miss the playoffs, there is no downside.  We have roughly half the season to evaluate whether Peterman quarterback the team moving forward, or whether we should spend our bevy of draft picks next year to acquire a quarterback. 

THIS

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Everybody is excited by something new until the point where they aren't because new is shittier than the same old crap. 

Losman was shiny and new stepping in for Bledsoe who was a statute in the backfield.  JP had wheels and a big arm! Then Trentative was a revelation after watching Losman's feast or famine offense fail to sustain drives.  Slow and steady Trent was great until defenses figured out he couldn't see more than 6 yards beyond scrimmage.  Then gunslinger Fitz was the brand new thing.  Fitzy was so refreshing after Trentative but his style of play turned the ball over way too much. Then EJ was the anointed one, leading comebacks and winning those 4 games until he was a total bum.  Then Tyrod arrived with no fanfare or expectations, won the starting job, and delivered some of the best QB play we've seen since Kelly retired until he too became tied for the worst QB to ever play football.

What makes anyone think new and different will be better? 

You skipped the best QB we've had since Bledsoe, Kyle Orton.

3 minutes ago, Thurman Kelly said:

I didn't like the "I don't agree with the decision" part of his remarks.  He should have left that out.  Now, if Peterman plays better than he did, he's not only a guy that underperformed, but also a guy that didn't even recognize the problems he was having.

Really?!? You wanted him to say “I agree with the coaches and think that Nate gives us a better chance to win than I do.” Come on man