Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And for thise ready to destroy every poor throw or poor decision or say TT could have done that just remember. Rookie vs 3 year starter 

Right on man,

But 7 year vet vs 1st year rookie is more accurate, cant leave out his 4 years of development

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I rewatched his game against Clemson and I'm going to watch it again tonight. This guy is a true competitor, gamer, gunslinger. I still have rookie expectations but I feel so much better about this game vs the Chargers.

The talent level of that Clemson team over Pitt was just rediculous. The major reason Pitt won was because of Peterman who looked like a QB possessed to get his team a victory.

Im hyped about this weeks game and a big shout out to McD for having big brass balls.

So you are going to watch the best game that he’s ever played for a 3rd time? Do you think that’s the best way to get perspective on a player? I’d say it’s probably smarter to watch a bunch of different games to understand his strengths and weaknesses.  

It's over.  20-18.  Better than what we have had, but ultimately not good enough.  Join Fitz in the likeable and not terrible queue.  

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

So you are going to watch the best game that he’s ever played for a 3rd time? Do you think that’s the best way to get perspective on a player? I’d say it’s probably smarter to watch a bunch of different games to understand his strengths and weaknesses.  

Agree.

Just now, Commonsense said:

What if they were looking beyond 17' and didn't want to cater to any players for short term gains in exchange for long term evaluations?

From the roster shuffle and the way the season has played out I believe this very much too be the case. 

If they were looking beyond 17', they should have never started Tyrod in the first place. Should have went with the rookie QB who fits the offence better if that's the case

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He will start some where.

And play well. I'd put money on it.

Most Bills fans are just clueless as to what they are watching and would rather blame the QB for all the teams problems then look at the big picture.

This is getting old and perhaps you should consider a new tack. 

It is entirely true that BOTH the DEFENSE and OFFENSE have sucked the last two games. People who blame TT solely for that are wrong, just as is anyone who absolves him of any responsibility.

TT is not now nor will he ever be a pocket QB which is ESSENTIAL for any passing game to have sustained success game in and game out nor can he get the ball out quickly enough. That is imperative for this offense and ANY offense whose passing game is predicated on timing. And that includes the entire league at one time or another during the course of a game. 

He's an athletic marvel with a great work ethic who can make a play or two to help a team and for that reason alone I see him hooking up with another club who needs a transitional QB while they look for their franchise guy. But his days as a long term starter have come and gone unless he suddenly transforms his game. I doubt that's possible after seven years in the league and 2 1/2 as a starter. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Pretty much tells you they realize the team is heading down the tubes this season and might as well evaluate Peterman.

Couldn't agree less, despite the horrendous result over the last two weeks, the Bills are still in the midst of the playoff hunt. If they continued playing like they have they would be out of the playoff race by December, Giving McDermott plenty of games to evaluate Peterman. 

This tells me that McDermott is continuing to evaluate his roster every week and he thinks Peterman puts the team in a better position to win now. Honestly, they could start Joe Shmo at QB, I don't care, I just want to see the Bills win and I'm hopefully this move will net them some!

Just now, billsfan11 said:

If they were looking beyond 17', they should have never started Tyrod in the first place. Should have went with the rookie QB who fits the offence better if that's the case

They are 5-4 and the rookie got nearly 3 months more time in the playbook and on the practice field. Why wouldn't they give Taylor a shot to conform into their system? They came in and did their own evaluations. Would you rather they have trusted what they saw from players under Rex's watch?

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just ask the same question I asked earlier, “how were they leading the league in scoring through 16 weeks last year?” My answer would be, “do more of what you were doing then.”  You fit your scheme to your talent not the other way around. The Bills have failed miserably with that on offense and it’s shaping up to look the same on the other side of the ball. 

That is certainly a failure by this staff. I hope we have a new OC next year (rather than the 2nd or 3rd option we got this year) who doesn’t make that kind of mistake. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

"Nate's come in, he's handled himself well. He handled himself well in the game the other day," McDermott said Wednesday. "He's poised, he's mature beyond his years, he's worked hard. ... The success that he's had to this point, he's ready. I wouldn't make this move if I didn't think he was ready."

"We are 5-4, I understand that. We're in the playoff hunt at this point," the coach said. "It is always and will forever, for the time that I'm here, it's about putting out the best team that we possibly can. We are made for more than 5-4."

McDermott continued: "This is about becoming better as a football team and see if this will make us a better team. As the decision-maker you have to be willing to take calculated risks to get to where we're trying to go. And I'm comfortable doing that."

Very helpful post 26, thanks.  And I like McD's quotes too. 

• Like (+1) 1

Rex comes in and changes to a D that doesn't fit our personnel.  The Carolina good ol' boys arrive and do the same with the offense.  Results are the same. I want to send OBD a copy of a book on Situational Leadership where leaders adjust their style to the needs of the employee and the situation.  I think there are similarities and potential learnings. 

I love the people who are predicting how Peterman will suck.  How many QBs have we as individuals predicted in our own heads to be great or to suck and they just don't turn out that way.  Russell, Leaf, Cousins being a solid starter as a fourth round pick, Tom Brady...the list goes on and on.  Yet, each and every one of us has it all figured our right?  Who knows what will happen, but I'm rooting for Bills either way!! All aboard the Peterman bandwagon!

If he becomes the next guy, all of those fans that went to last week's game didn't just witness a horrid game...but the start of a new era...Peterman.  Let's hope for the best instead of thinking the guy will suck...he's shown promise

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I just ask the same question I asked earlier, “how were they leading the league in scoring through 16 weeks last year?” My answer would be, “do more of what you were doing then.”  You fit your scheme to your talent not the other way around. The Bills have failed miserably with that on offense and it’s shaping up to look the same on the other side of the ball. 

The answer should be, "they weren't."

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

LOL.  I can see Tolbert running a pattern next to Benjamin, but Benjamin continues the fly route while Tolbert breaks inside after 20 yards.  A bit of an exaggeration, but using Tolbert as a RB2 is a terrible decision.  They have to regret letting Gillislee go.

I was really hoping for the Bills to make a push for Burkhead. Big Husker fan, the guy has good hands, blocks and has good vision. He would've made the perfect number 2 RB with Tolbert strictly used for short yardage and goal line.

Peterman won’t finish the game. ;)

Bold prediction after bold move by coach. Mostly because he will be knocked senseless rather than benched. 

He’s going to see defense he’s never played before. The Chargers are going to be right at the line and jumping the short routes. Be interesting to see what Dennison does with that. 

Hopefully Benjamin and Clay can use their bodies to shield defenders, and Matthews and Zay can find little creases and Peterman will hit them. 

But other than that I fear he’s getting crushed. 

Better hope Peterman has a football IQ through the roof!   LA will be throwing all sorts of packages at him. He will have about 2 seconds to break it all down in his head. We should be doing the same on D if LA plays their backup QB.