Goodwin played today after losing his son

http://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/goodwin-tragedy-please-pray-goodwin-family

“(We) had to prematurely deliver him early this morning around 4 a.m.,” Goodwin wrote in a post on Instagram. “Although we are hurt, I am grateful for the experience and grateful that God blessed me with a wife as courageous and resilient as Morgan.

Damn, man.

49 minutes ago, Strethor said:

Goodwin's character is unrivaled - one of the best guys in the league. Praying for him and his family 

He's a prime example of the fact that human beings aren't just good or bad.

There are great things about the guy........his love and devotion to his handicapped sister.....and his willingness to risk loss of great wealth to chase his track dreams.

On the other hand........he BLATANTLY lied to the Bills about his stated intention to focus on football during the draft process.........stole money for 3 years, refusing to play with any injury that might slow his track game down......which was nearly any leg injury........ knowing that he wouldn't be cut because of his cheap contract and potential.........then didn't even train a lick for football in the 2016 offseason.    Extremely selfish and manipulative behavior.   I know the NFL is a tough business but he royally f*cked Bills fans.   Dude has special talent......never applied it in Buffalo.  I'm a little surprised he's giving any effort figured he'd mail it in after he cashed his signing bonus check.

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

It's starting to look more and more that we did have good weapons in Goodwin, Wood and Watkins but just didn't have a QB to pass them the ball.

He got them the ball.........they just couldn't stay healthy in Buffalo.

Lucky to have one of them on the field at a time last year.........but late in the season with the playoffs on the line Woods and Watkins were back healthy and Taylor was hitting them all over the field..........franchise offensive yardage record that day.   Mmmmmmmmm n then they benched him to get a peek at Cardale and EJ.

10 hours ago, Rico said:

^^^

One of 3 players to kneel for the Anthem on Veteran’s Day weekend.

i’m just saying... :D

wtf...? seriously? This man lost his baby literally hours before the game, still played and remained focused enough to be effective, and THIS is what you go with? Could you possibly put the political / social issue aside for even one moment to recognize the agony of the soul of losing a child in such a horrible way. His wife had to give birth to a DEAD CHILD!! Can you even fathom such a tragedy? If not, please refrain from pointing out your political / social opinion in just this ONE forum related to such a horrendous loss. 

As Bills fans, sometimes we forget the humanity behind the game and something like this reminds us that as passionate as we all are about wanting to see this team win and revel in their glory of winning, we lose sight of what matters most....I don't know you, but I hope in real life, not behind some keyboard you're better than this....

To Goodwin and his family, I may not have thought you played well while in Buffalo, but football is peanuts compared to the spirit crushing loss that is your own right now...in truest sincerity, I hope his family can grieve and recover as they process the permanent absence of the son they will never hold or know. 

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And I have no issue with that. I defend the freedom of speech and protest 

I agree with your 2nd sentence wholeheartedly, and not to beat a dead horse, but all these players "protesting" by kneeling are doing it at work...they're on "company time."  Just like ALL of us (who work for someone else), there are rules to be followed, and you can't just do whatever you want while at work.  IOW, your freedom of speech ENDS when you step onto company property.

That being said, I'm surprised that Goodwin suited up and played.

Edited by John in Jax
Words

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

you can't just do whatever you want while at work.  IOW, your freedom of speech ENDS when you step onto company property.

You’re not wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s up to your employer to decide and not John in Jax’s Rules of Etiquette. 

Anyway, nice to see some can’t help but inject their precious snowflake opinions into a thread about a soul-crushing loss a recent Bill went through, and the gut-check of a reaction he and all of his teammates experienced after a nice moment on the field mere hours later. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There are great things about the guy........his love and devotion to his handicapped sister.....and his willingness to risk loss of great wealth to chase his track dreams.

On the other hand........he BLATANTLY lied to the Bills about his stated intention to focus on football during the draft process.........stole money for 3 years, refusing to play with any injury that might slow his track game down......which was nearly any leg injury........ knowing that he wouldn't be cut because of his cheap contract and potential.........then didn't even train a lick for football in the 2016 offseason.    Extremely selfish and manipulative behavior.   I know the NFL is a tough business but he royally f*cked Bills fans.   Dude has special talent......never applied it in Buffalo.  I'm a little surprised he's giving any effort figured he'd mail it in after he cashed his signing bonus check.

You've got the most odd thought process.  It's more than just this post.

Not sure how you feel like he f’ed Bills fans.... and all your other statements in that paragraph are just ramblings with no factual basis... keep it classy..... as always...

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Guy loses his son and has an emotionally heavy moment on the field....Baldo complaining about things he doesn't have evidence for.  WTF?

i'm not a fan of goodwin as he really did nothing for the bills, but the guy lost a kid and had an emotional day.  badol just likes to hear his own voice.  we all know people like that.  i've seen a number of times in his posting where he's made comments that just weren't true to back up a point that didn't need to be made.   for example, when cyrus kouandjio was released, he and scott couldn't wait to complain.  obviously there was something up with the guy, and he was released by the lions shortly after.  when discussing how ck wasn't a loss, he came up with a story about how talked about cyrus's off season was ,and he how he was being touted as one of the hardest working guys in the offseason.  i had never once heard that, and when called out on it, he just made a comment like i wasn't paying enough attention, and that it was on me for missing it.  i mean...why bother?   

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm not a fan of goodwin as he really did nothing for the bills, but the guy lost a kid and had an emotional day.  badol just likes to hear his own voice.  we all know people like that.  i've seen a number of times in his posting where he's made comments that just weren't true to back up a point that didn't need to be made.   for example, when cyrus kouandjio was released, he and scott couldn't wait to complain.  obviously there was something up with the guy, and he was released by the lions shortly after.  when discussing how ck wasn't a loss, he came up with a story about how talked about cyrus's off season was ,and he how he was being touted as one of the hardest working guys in the offseason.  i had never once heard that, and when called out on it, he just made a comment like i wasn't paying enough attention, and that it was on me for missing it.  i mean...why bother?   

They are both uninformed complainers.....that's all they are.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They are both uninformed complainers.....that's all they are.

it's what makes message boards fun.  i have no idea why someone would attack goodwin and defend watkins.  watkins literally stated that he was more concerned about his stats than winning.

Even at this lowly board there is a time and place for everything, why you felt compelled to add that last paragraph demonstrates a real inability to control yourself. 

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You've got the most odd thought process.  It's more than just this post.

The fact that I can understand that people can be complex is odd?

That's just experience employing and managing a couple thousand people over the past few decades.

People aren't just good or bad........that just suits narratives.

Great guy in some regards.....particularly wrt his family.

Disingenuine professionally.    He flat-out lied about his commitment to football.........if he hadn't he'd have been a late round pick or UDFA.......which would have cost him a lot of money but just importantly it would have meant he had to focus on making a team year-in-and-year-out.......which would have utterly ended his track hopes.    Instead he got a long term deal big enough and secure enough to richly support his track training........but small enough to keep him from getting cut.   

That doesn't matter to a lot of people here because they'd like to do the same.......because they aren't just good or bad people either.........they are more aptly described as self-interested.

It's no secret that he mailed it in here.......there were people here who just thought he was a bad football player but he's quite talented, in fact.

I wish him well.......it's tough to lose a child/pregnancy like that or like Logan Thomas did but I've been there and so have many, many others.

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The fact that I can understand that people can be complex is odd?

That's just experience employing and managing a couple thousand people over the past few decades.

People aren't just good or bad........that just suits narratives.

Great guy in some regards.....particularly wrt his family.

Disingenuine professionally.    He flat-out lied about his commitment to football.........if he hadn't he'd have been a late round pick or UDFA.......which would have cost him a lot of money but just importantly it would have meant he had to focus on making a team year-in-and-year-out.......which would have utterly ended his track hopes.    Instead he got a long term deal big enough and secure enough to richly support his track training........but small enough to keep him from getting cut.   

That doesn't matter to a lot of people here because they'd like to do the same.......because they aren't just good or bad people either.........they are more aptly described as self-interested.

It's no secret that he mailed it in here.......there were people here who just thought he was a bad football player but he's quite talented, in fact.

I wish him well.......it's tough to lose a child/pregnancy like that or like Logan Thomas did but I've been there and so have many, many others.

You said it yourself....it’s tough to lose a baby.

With knowing that, you still can’t control yourself with commenting about his character or how you feel about him.

Yes that’s odd.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

57 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I agree with your 2nd sentence wholeheartedly, and not to beat a dead horse, but all these players "protesting" by kneeling are doing it at work...they're on "company time."  Just like ALL of us (who work for someone else), there are rules to be followed, and you can't just do whatever you want while at work.  IOW, your freedom of speech ENDS when you step onto company property.

That being said, I'm surprised that Goodwin suited up and played.

Not true.  

You have every right to speak your mind.  It is what you say and how you say it.  

How do you know he was not kneeling in prayer? 

40 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Guy loses his son and has an emotionally heavy moment on the field....Baldo complaining about things he doesn't have evidence for.  WTF?

You have maxed out your reputation points with this user.  Share the love around 

31 minutes ago, teef said:

it's what makes message boards fun.  i have no idea why someone would attack goodwin and defend watkins.  watkins literally stated that he was more concerned about his stats than winning.

To borrow a quote

you can't fix stupid

46 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You said it yourself....it’s tough to lose a baby.

With knowing that, you still can’t control yourself with commenting about his character or how you feel about him.

Yes that’s odd.

I did say that and I am also aware that there are A TON of Bills fans that hate the guy and think he's a complete wuss and my point is pretty straight forward he's not one thing or the other.

And just because something awful didn't happen to you in the past couple days doesn't mean you go back to being one thing or another.

He's a more open book than most players........he has quotes that support everything I said about him.........so he's a good example to make.    It's more pertinent subject on TSW than his own personal life issues because people like yourself like to draw circles around players like Watkins or Dareus and say they are pieces of sh*t etc..  That's how your roster gets bankrupted and you get embarrassed on gamedays.

I accept your diversity as well.......... that you are narrow minded but ALSO capable of taking HUGE dumps.:thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I did say that and I am also aware that there are A TON of Bills fans that hate the guy and think he's a complete wuss and my point is pretty straight forward he's not one thing or the other.

And just because something awful didn't happen to you in the past couple days doesn't mean you go back to being one thing or another.

He's a more open book than most players........he has quotes that support everything I said about him.........so he's a good example to make.    It's more pertinent subject on TSW than his own personal life issues because people like yourself like to draw circles around players like Watkins or Dareus and say they are pieces of sh*t etc..  That's how your roster gets bankrupted and you get embarrassed on gamedays.

I accept your diversity as well.......... that you are narrow minded but ALSO capable of taking HUGE dumps.:thumbsup:

Baldo calling someone narrow minded?  LOL....now I've read it all.  

Perfect pot meet kettle....

You're just straight up a terrible poster and I'm not the only who believes that.

Edited by Royale with Cheese