As bad as it seems---AFC is just bad, Bills still in the middle of things

Big Turk

I know its not popular and damn if I know how they are going to win 4 more games after watching the last 2, but the Bills are still not in terrbile shape---the AFC is just plain bad...all the teams behind us keep losing.

Chargers game next week is the most improtant game of the year.  Those players better have that game circled.  San Diego loves giving games away, and hopefully they are in a giving mood.

Ahhh, the annual 'who cares we have been throttled the last 2 weeks we are still in the playoff picture' thread.

Sadly these threads will continue at least a few more weeks while we are still 'mathematically' alive anyway. For me (and I'm sure many other fans) the season ended last week in NY, for some holding out a little longer it ended today.

Only chance this team has next week is if we make QB change but still don't see it happening just yet, maybe by halftime next week though when this offense continues to sputter.

Not that I think the Bills can win 4 more games anyway, but I don't even want to see this team in the playoffs. It is probably the Bills weakest team since 2013. They would just get blown out in KC or Pitt anyway. After waiting this long for the playoff drought to end, I am willing to wait a few more years to have a legit contender break the drought.

Edited by FLXbillsmafia

11 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I know its not popular and damn if I know how they are going to win 4 more games after watching the last 2, but the Bills are still not in terrbile shape---the AFC is just plain bad...all the teams behind us keep losing.

Chargers game next week is the most improtant game of the year.  Those players better have that game circled.  San Diego loves giving games away, and hopefully they are in a giving mood.

Just stop.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Chargers are early 4.5 point favorites according to Vegas. They are a 4-6 team we are 5-4 so keep that in mind.

We are going to get streamrolled in this game especially if the Tyrod Taylor show continues and it will. Won't likely be as bad as this week but similar to the Jets for sure.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

You are a couple days early with this post.

Tuesday is the annual, "well we are still in the thick of the playoff race" early November thread 

Yep. It's the Great Cycle of Bills Life. We had the annual R-E-L-A-X post last week, which is followed by the "we're still in the thick of things" this week, and ultimately the "scenarios in which we still sneak into the playoffs" right after Thanksgiving weekend.  And then of course the "I'm officially done with this team" post after Game 15, with all the spirited "don't let the door hit you on the ass" replies. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Chargers are early 4.5 point favorites according to Vegas. They are a 4-6 team we are 5-4 so keep that in mind.

We are going to get streamrolled in this game especially if the Tyrod Taylor show continues and it will. Won't likely be as bad as this week but similar to the Jets for sure.

They are 3-6...just assumed they held on to beat Jacksonville huh? Nope...as usual they figured out a way to blow it and lost in OT

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. It's the Great Cycle of Bills Life. We had the annual R-E-L-A-X post last week, which is followed by the "we're still in the thick of things" this week, and ultimately the "scenarios in which we still sneak into the playoffs" right after Thanksgiving weekend.  And then of course the "I'm officially done with this team" post after Game 15, with all the spirited "don't let the door hit you on the ass" replies. 

So predictable. Sad but true, I still have the T-shirt from the 2011 cliff diving.

Yuck.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

They are 3-6.

If they beat SD next week they are still very much in the playoff race, but only because the rest of the AFC is so bad this year.

If they lose against SD, at that point I'm hoping they lose the rest and finish 5-11 with a high draft pick. Unfortunately with IND/MIA/MIA still on the schedule, 7-9 or 8-8 is looking more and more likely every week.  

4 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Sadly these threads will continue at least a few more weeks while we are still 'mathematically' alive anyway. For me (and I'm sure many other fans) the season ended last week in NY, for some holding out a little longer it ended today.

OP is right though. Forget 'mathematically' alive. Even after these two embarrassing losses we are still in the 6th seed. Even if Miami wins tomorrow, which seems unlikely, I believe we would still be in the 6th seed too with a better conference record. It all just underscores how bad the AFC is this year from #6 on down.

All that said, I don't see how we beat the Chargers either. 

i said it three weeks ago, they have like one more win in them.

watch how good miami looks vs the bills.

even without ajayi who would have ran for about 700 yds vs them

im not even sure about that one win, indy, anymore, they played

like men vs the steelers so even that is shaky.

3 minutes ago, Albwan said:

And Indy still lost.

Right now, the  issue is not whether or not the Bills can make the playoffs.  It is whether or not they can figure out how to play competitive football at the NFL level.  Ultimately, I'm not worrying too much about this year.  Even  if the Bills were to break the playoff drought, I did not think they have the talent to go very far in the playoffs.  This year is about figuring out if Tyrod can be a viable NFL QB and getting a first impression on McDermott and Beane.  Given that Tyrod is currently looking like he is not good enough, it might also be good to get a bit more of a read on Nathan Peterman.  By and large, I like McDermott, but two games where the Bills have looked downright putrid has cranked up the pressure on McDermott quite a bit.  He doesn't necessarily have to win next week, but he's got to figure out how get his team back to playing fundamentally sound football.   For Beane, I think it is too soon to tell much of anything, except that some of his decisions have generated some short term harm despite the mantra of winning now and winning in the future.  Hopefully, things start to look better for Beane next year when he's got all those draft picks to work with. 

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Well to be fair as awful as we've looked these last two weeks we would be the #6 seed if the season ended today.

But yeah anyone whose followed this team for any lengthy period of times knows there's no shot. 

It’s great when the Bills avoid the Pats in the first nine games!!!

26 minutes ago, Albwan said:

I still think the Dolphins are getting into the playoffs and not ruling out the Raiders making a late push either.

Bills are still #6 right now by default but give it a few more weeks and they'll be in official 'in the hunt' status and then what few fans left still hanging onto playoff hopes can start the pointless scoreboard watching each week hoping much better teams start to magically play like crap and lose out.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I still think the Dolphins are getting into the playoffs and not ruling out the Raiders making a late push either.

Bills are still #6 right now by default but give it a few more weeks and they'll be in official 'in the hunt' status and then what few fans left still hanging onto playoff hopes can start the pointless scoreboard watching each week hoping much better teams start to magically play like crap and lose out.

they arent #6 they are #2

Edited by Albwan

6 hours ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

Not that I think the Bills can win 4 more games anyway, but I don't even want to see this team in the playoffs. It is probably the Bills weakest team since 2013. They would just get blown out in KC or Pitt anyway. After waiting this long for the playoff drought to end, I am willing to wait a few more years to have a legit contender break the drought.

Same, I would like to believe we would have a chance of winning a playoff game. This team would have to sneak in with and 8-8 record and get blown out by Jacksonville or Pittsburgh. Season is done for me after today. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Couldn't of said it better myself.  It is become an annual tradition around here just like Thanksgiving & Christmas.

i just assumed, as with the Bills, that the AFC vs NFC games were weighted into the first 10 weeks with the NFC dominating.

and the last 5 weeks will be weighed as games with teams in your own division, so the AFC wins will start piling up for playoff contenders

Logically, the Bills are very much in the playoff race. 

Behold.  Their competition for the #6 seed:

- Browns with 9 losses.  They are done.

- Colts with 7 losses.  They are pretty much done.

- Broncos with 6 losses and would lose a tie-breaker with us.

- Jets, Texans, Chargers with 6 losses.  Unsure about tie-breaker.

- Bengals with 6 losses, but would win tie-breaker.

- Raiders with 5 losses, but would lose the tie-breaker.

This leaves the Ravens (5 losses) and Dolphins (4 losses with game tonight against the Panthers) as our primary competition.  Both of these teams suck pretty bad.  The Dolphins schedule is just as tough as ours, and they play us twice.

But of course, the Bills are the physical manifestation of a sports choke job.  They have literally been the NFL's worst team for 2 weeks in a row.  They other AFC teams are practically shoving a playoff appearance down our throats, and the Bills are vomiting it back on all of their fans.  The look on Sean McDermott's face says it all.  He just found out what being the coach of the Buffalo Bills means.  He was on top of the world to start the season, thinking he was the cure for our pathetic franchise.  Then his team forgot how to play tackle football.  There are no answers Sean.  It's all downhill from here.