Why did our D suck so bad tonight?

Klaista2k

Well the personal foul call on Hughes was BS anyway. But that is Bogers crew one of the worst crews in the league

Not sure it was BS. He was really giving it to that one official verbally and on the replay, you could clearly read the official's lips. He said "That's enough" very forcefully.

Hughes clearly ignored any warnings he had been given and just kept going. When he crossed the line, they threw the flag.

That's not BS, that's just a stupid, selfish, uncontrolled penalty.

Hughes is really good at those. But as I said, he has been much more disciplined this year overall.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure it was BS. He was really giving it to that one official verbally and on the replay, you could clearly read the official's lips. He said "That's enough" very forcefully.

Hughes clearly ignored any warnings he had been given and just kept going. When he crossed the line, they threw the flag.

Hughes is really good at those. But as I said, he has been much more disciplined this year overall.

Yes but it is Bogers crew. The Bills DL was getting held a ton and never called. Sorry a ref doesnt like being called out for not doing his job

And then is so Weak thag he follows all the way to the sidelinf talks with another official then throws the flag.

It was a BS call

#99 was missed.

Don't think a guy who only played 30% makes that much of a difference. Guys were there for stuffs. But the big issue was 22 missed tackles. Guys were there but poor tackling on a short week has to do something with it. And Thorton accidentally grabbing the facemask on sack was a huge mistake which I think demoralized everyone. Go from making a huge play knocking em out of FG range to giving them 1st down at the 20. All just because his hand got high when reaching for McCown... What's sucks is he grabbed the facemask but he moved his hand down grabbed his jersey and pulled him down. It's not like Thorton yanked him with the facemask down. I know it's a penalty but that was just an unfortunate play that happens

I know the whole team was really bad tonight, but what was really troubling was how bad we looked on Defense.

I thought we were supposed to be pretty good on D this year yet the Jets ran all the !@#$ over us.

How concerned should we be?

In the hunt.

I know the whole team was really bad tonight, but what was really troubling was how bad we looked on Defense.

I thought we were supposed to be pretty good on D this year yet the Jets ran all the !@#$ over us.

How concerned should we be?

Part of it is depth.

They have also been trending up 12, 9, 16, 17, 20, 27, 14, 34. They are trending back to the middle. Instead of the 15-17 ppg, they are trending back to the 20's.

It was noticeable how open the middle of that defensive Line was tonight. Also we see that this team can not generate pressure, that Lawson is a 5-8 sack/year guy, not a 10-12.

they threw the flag well after Hughes was off the field and the officials stood there talking

"True Color" Rush. I didn't even drink and I'm hungover from that performance. Going into half at least tied at 10 would have changed the whole complexion of the game. Instead fumbalina and voila, wheels fall of the bus.

Edited by BuffaloMatt

I dont suppose there was the possibility that they just had a bad game coming off a short week?

For once I agree with you John.

The missed tackles tell the story.

A. Tired

B. Over confident

C. Both

They were running around trying to punch the ball out instead of wrapping up and making a solid tackle. Then after the Bills 3 and out extravanga the Bills D was exhausted and got torched by cut backs.

Oh well, the loss only counts once. I expect a much more focused team against the Saints. Drew Brees isn't great on the road so that's a blessing.

Onto NO!

#99 was missed.

Sorry but 99 been gone since the Bills made his wallet fat.

Missed tackles by were killer, and the inability of the offense to sustain drives didn't help. How many times did the offense go 3 and out and have to punt from our own end zone?

Edited by Azucho98