Breaking News: The Bills Realize the Truth

I don't care what anyone says, the jets are outright tanking and are still flat out

a better team all the way around, better D, better O and better qb.

17 years of flat out fail. Anyone who didn't see this bubble being

bursted in an atrocious way is blind.

See you at 5-6 for the heroic "they are good" 7-9 finish.

Being a bills fan is what i imagine an abused dog must feel lying

there waiting to get get kicked, cringing, knowing its coming.

7 miserable points, its mind boggling.

I don't think the Jets have a better offense then us. I think they had a lot of stuff gift wrapped by our weird fumbles/penalties. Our boys were getting held all day as well.

Their defense last night was obviously better than ours; we aren't able to deal with these overload blitzes that Toilet Bowles gives every single play. Other QBs can deal with getting the ball out so fast, TT can't do it so well, and he had nowhere to escape.

Also we scored 21 last night.

Also its one game.

Also we are 5-3.

Also, Jets are shooting themselves in the foot, they're gonna screw up their draft picks and remain with 39 year old McCown, Hackeysack and Bryce Petty (who I think is an illusion, and doesn't exist.)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might take some time off from this board until the saints game.... Were people expecting us to go 14-2? We got hit in the mouth and lost, tough breaks and didn't execute well enough. This is still a decent team, please chill out.

Love these kinda posts. If you're gonna leave, leave. Don't announce it.

How about we step off the ledge and focus on ONE game at a time. New Orleans next.

What is this crap? We are supposed to act like irrational children and scream helplessly at the sky about the team sucking and that Pegula should cut/fire everyone, etc. after a Bills loss.

This guy gets it. right back to the 8-8 herpes.

Shoulda tanked when you had the chance.

Hours earlier you were talking about not being this happy with the team since the 1990's. :lol:

They are going to continue lose some games because of the talent they gave away.........all 3 losses were on the lack of individual talent at WR and also DT yesterday, IMO.

Not having Dareus in the middle hurt last night..........as did not having a guy on the outside at WR who can make plays.........Jets accurately game planned to those two weaknesses.

But the trade-off is that they think they are going to win some games because of more of a team concept............that's more subjective than having matchup weaknesses exploited IMO.........but that's their rationale.

The Bills against the Saints during the drought: 0-4. Scores: 24-6, 19-7, 27-7, and 35-17.

The Same ol' Bills would see the defensive struggles snowball against the Saints........a game like the Pitt game last year.......... as the Same Ol' Bills go into their Same Ol' mid-season swoon that costs them a playoff spot.

Interested to see what answers McDermott and staff have for the issues........some of the problems can be corrected. Weakness in the middle of defense and lack of big play ability at WR, not so much.

They had the chance to profile themselves on the national stage last night.

This game was the make or break, to prove to the rest of the league and themselves that they are legit............pretenders, i say.

I honestly could care less about this.....I want to see them make the playoffs.

That shoudl be the real goal...not that they laid a egg on prime time

The Same ol' Bills would see the defensive struggles snowball against the Saints........a game like the Pitt game last year.......... as the Same Ol' Bills go into their Same Ol' mid-season swoon that costs them a playoff spot.

Interested to see what answers McDermott and staff have for the issues........some of the problems can be corrected. Weakness in the middle of defense and lack of big play ability at WR, not so much.

Yup, although I do think that the way this team is currently built, they're going to outperform their talent level when playing at home. The rah-rah stuff actually does seem to be an asset in Orchard Park. On the road, though, it's useless, and can't cover up the talent deficit. Let's not forget that they were gifted a defensive TD on an absolutely terrible call in Atlanta.

Edited by dave mcbride

I honestly could care less about this.....I want to see them make the playoffs.

That shoudl be the real goal...not that they laid a egg on prime time

Not just a stinker on the national stage, but against a beatable divisional opponent...........we ain't going anywhere if we can't compete for the division.

Hours earlier you were talking about not being this happy with the team since the 1990's. :lol:

They are going to continue lose some games because of the talent they gave away.........all 3 losses were on the lack of individual talent at WR and also DT yesterday, IMO.

Not having Dareus in the middle hurt last night..........as did not having a guy on the outside at WR who can make plays.........Jets accurately game planned to those two weaknesses.

But the trade-off is that they think they are going to win some games because of more of a team concept............that's more subjective than having matchup weaknesses exploited IMO.........but that's their rationale.

I am so tired of people pointing to Dareus not being there. So every win the Bills have Dareus isnt missed and then when the Bills lose, Dareus is missed. The Bills were down by 3 after halftime and went three and out to start the second half. If the Bills put up points, it changes the game. Three and outs kill the Bills and their defense.....with or without Dareus

I am so tired of people pointing to Dareus not being there. So every win the Bills have Dareus isnt missed and then when the Bills lose, Dareus is missed. The Bills were down by 3 after halftime and went three and out to start the second half. If the Bills put up points, it changes the game. Three and outs kill the Bills and their defense.....with or without Dareus

they were down by 3 at halftime because of a pretty inexcusable fumble by Matthews. It should have been 10-10.

This guy gets it.

:lol: I'd get in a foxhole with the OP any day.

I watched the game closely, and I watched jailbreak after jailbreak, with no one on the Bills line capable of handling superior talents like Leonard Williams or Mo Wilkerson. Hence the pocket collapsed almost instantaneously on far too many occasions. There is nothing a QB can do about that if a play design is to push the ball down the field. And just look at the first play of the game - that was an instance of the Bills being completely outschemed. It destroyed a possession.

That's what I saw, too. Not mad at Tyrod at all today.

Like it or not Dareus was at worst a rock in the middle........see the All-22's where he single handedly prevented the kind of plays that turned into big runs last night.......... and that presence discouraged teams from even game planning to run the ball there.

The Jets clearly had no concerns at all about the Bills interior DL.......their gameplan was built around taking advantage of that weakness.

This defense only works if teams feel they have to pass the ball.........it's about forcing teams to throw and then coming up and creating turnovers.

Yup, although I do think that the way this team is currently built, they're going to outperform their talent level when playing at home. The rah-rah stuff actually does seem to be an asset in Orchard Park. On the road, though, it's useless, and can't cover up the talent deficit. Let's not forget that they were gifted a defensive TD on an absolutely terrible call in Atlanta.

Yeah they should be able to play a different level of defense at home.........if they don't lose their focus/confidence........which was a big part of defensive implosions in past seasons.

But the road games will be tough.

Offense needs to take it to another level to stop teams from running it down their throat on the road.

And to get there they need their weapons back(Benjamin and Clay) and Dennison needs to let Tyrod audible out of bad plays..........he's tremendous at getting back huge chunks of yards after sacks or big TFL's against Shady...........he nearly converted a 2nd and 24 and a 2nd and 19 back-to-back late in the first half.........but they gotta' stop giving away so many downs with rigid play calls that can't work against certain looks.

they were down by 3 at halftime because of a pretty inexcusable fumble by Matthews. It should have been 10-10.

Matthews also had a drop to kill a drive.

Not a good game for JMatt.

A lot of what we saw out there was uncharacteristic and probably the result of not enough turnaround time but the mystery of this team is over............teams have tape..........they know Dareus is gone and that the WR on the outside aren't worthy of attention.

Jets personnel is a tough matchup in that situation but if the Bills could have answered with scores before the half and right after the half.........the game might have turned out the exact opposite. Play calling on first drive of second half was clueless and the coaches clearly didn't have the pulse of a tired team.

The Jets have shown themselves to lack mental toughness late in games. Lotta' prancing front-runners on that team.........they'd quit if you gave them an excuse to.

Take on Dennison last night?

I don't mind Dennison but that first drive of second half was totally out of touch with their team's reality.

The team was tired and making mistakes..........you need to score and re-energize the troops..........not to worry about re-establishing the run there :doh: .......the run game wasn't going to come back UNLESS you started hitting big plays in the pass game.

Once again we have to realize the season is now over and everyone needs to stop going to and watching this damn team. I am about to lay out the rest of their schedule, which most of the teams are way better than the Jets.

They will lose both against New England that is a given.

They will lose against the Saints, Chiefs and Miami once because of Tyrod "three and out" Taylor

They will beat Indy

They will beat the Chargers

They will be at best another useless 8 and 8 Buffalo Team.

Please sell this team to LA or somewhere they can win because the fans are done with your 18 years of not making the playoffs.

Thanks for letting me post this fourms

I guess the Bills should just pack it in for the year, since you have it all figured out.

Food for thought. One year the NY Giants went up to Seattle and were beaten down by the Seahawks 17 to 12. They intercepted Phill Simms 4 times as he went 14 of 25 for 190 yards and they sacked him 7 times!

That year was 1986 and the Giants went on to win the super bowl. Just saying that one game out of 16 doesn't mean the world will end because of a loss no matter how bad it looks.

What matters now is that the Bills offensive coaches get their heads out of their posteriors and work up a game plan to keep that game from happening again. Because more than likely every team the Bills face from here on out will try to do the very same things the Jets did on Thursday night.

Also, let's hope that the GM saw what we all saw and drafts some top offensive linemen in the next draft.

Food for thought. One year the NY Giants went up to Seattle and were beaten down by the Seahawks 17 to 12. They intercepted Phill Simms 4 times as he went 14 of 25 for 190 yards and they sacked him 7 times!

That year was 1986 and the Giants went on to win the super bowl. Just saying that one game out of 16 doesn't mean the world will end because of a loss no matter how bad it looks.

What matters now is that the Bills offensive coaches get their heads out of their posteriors and work up a game plan to keep that game from happening again. Because more than likely every team the Bills face from here on out will try to do the very same things the Jets did on Thursday night.

Also, let's hope that the GM saw what we all saw and drafts some top offensive linemen in the next draft.

The beatdown we got last night was certainly no worse that what the Chiefs put on the Pats (in Foxboro) on opening night. It happens.

For all of us fan who've been through the awful playoff drought, it's the same ole Bills. The 2017 Buffalo are a team of castoffs and margin NFL players at be in very important positions. At some point talent or lack thereof is going to catch up with them. I can honestly say this was not Tyrod's fault this game. The Bills were dominated at the line of scrimmage all night long and that's where it starts and finishes on the football field.

The Bills have many deficiencies and have been masked because of turnovers and luck being on their side. We can't expect to get 3 or 4 takeaway's every game without giving it away ourselves. Coach Mc has done a great job of changing the culture of the team but talent wins games and we are lacking.

As for Tyrod, for those who hate him. This will be a reason to say he needs to be benched and replaced. He has is issues as well but this loss is not directly on him. This was a team loss, just as it was a team with in the previous weeks.

Jets and Giants both win this week.

Bet ALL of your money on the giants this week, trust me.

terrorist attack related? cause if you are implying a fix then the Bills must have been in on it. Edited by Turk71

It was a team loss.....QB gets too much credit in wins and too much blame in losses

There were SEVERAL reasons why we lost last night

- OL was getting owned both on the run and the pass

- The D was not tackling like they normally do

- Turnovers

- The jets were making plays...we were not

We lost.....we split with them this season....I promise you all that the sky is not falling

No its not.

But venting is supposed to be good for your mental health.

18 hours ago, mannc said:

The beatdown we got last night was certainly no worse that what the Chiefs put on the Pats (in Foxboro) on opening night. It happens.

The Chiefs are a good team and pulled away in the 4th quarter. The Jets beat the hell out of us from start to finish and they are sub medicore. Not a good comparison.

I question why some of you are still Bills fans. You may call it being a “realist”, seems to be more of resentment. This team was expected to do nothing this year and they are 5-3 at the midway point. Any other fan base would be more positive than negative. I understand the past regimes and experiences left us with some ptsd, but we’ve lost games we thought we should have won, and won games that most had us left for dead. 

On 11/2/2017 at 9:16 PM, trainspotting said:

The Buffalo Bills were once again handed an opportunity against a team they should be able to beat and proved that this team not make the playoffs since the music city miracle of 2000. Tyrod "three and out" Taylor could not not help the offense and the defense which has saved them all year could not get the three to four picks they needed. Once again we have to realize the season is now over and everyone needs to stop going to and watching this damn team. I am about to lay out the rest of their schedule, which most of the teams are way better than the Jets.

They will lose both against New England that is a given.

They will lose against the Saints, Chiefs and Miami once because of Tyrod "three and out" Taylor

They will beat Indy

They will beat the Chargers

They will be at best another useless 8 and 8 Buffalo Team.

Please sell this team to LA or somewhere they can win because the fans are done with your 18 years of not making the playoffs.

Thanks for letting me post this fourms

You are not a fan of this team. You are a clown. Now get to the circus clown. 

On 11/3/2017 at 2:17 PM, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I wouldn't nickname Tyrod "three and out" Taylor.

Better nickname is Tyrod "I only throw if you're WIDE open" Taylor

That was, is and ever will be his major weakness. 

Regarding the season: I had slated 5-6 wins for the 2017 season. Through some major improvements on defense and some lucky bounces they will exceed my expectations.  I can't B word about that.