Bills vs. Raiders Postgame

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still Can't understand why people think tyrod is doing just enough. The man damn near dominated that game. The hell with stats, if you watch football, you know exactly what tyrod is doing to opposing defenses

In your opinion, would you say Taylor pantsed Carr?

It's because everyone is shocked

#trollshock.

I still Can't understand why people think tyrod is doing just enough. The man damn near dominated that game. The hell with stats, if you watch football, you know exactly what tyrod is doing to opposing defenses

Most fans either just don't believe in the concept of developing your own franchise quarterback or don't have the patience. So many good young prospects are never given a real chance. And people don't understand that when one or more of the key parts of a franchise isn't working (ownership, gm, scouts, capologist, head coach and his staff, quarterback, roster as a whole) the others can be seriously affected. Everyone has to be on the same page to create an environment where a player can even develop at all. Some Raiders fans are already calling Carr a bust. But what's changed over there? What's wrong with their organization? It's not like Carr all of a sudden sucks.

My point is that Tyrod is a huge reason why this team is moving in the right direction. Finally. And don't under play the fact that his teammates voted him captain. He's a leader. Now that we have what looks like homeostasis in this organization, I think the environment is ripe for Tyrod to take significant steps forward. And many other players too.

QB Derek Carr Postgame Presser 10.29.17 (6:54)
Quarterback Derek Carr addressed the following Week 8 against the Buffalo Bills in Orchard Park, NY.

Coach Del Rio Postgame Presser 10.29.17 (6:41)
Head Coach Jack Del Rio addressed the media following Week 8 against the Buffalo Bills in Orchard Park, NY.

Just a flat out great game today. The defense stepped it up after allowing that touchdown on the opening drive. Taylor had a hell of a game... this is the first game where I don't have any criticism of TT.

Only two small points with respect to the coaching:

- I didn't like McDermott's challenge of the fourth down play. Those short yardage fourth down plays up the middle are almost always inconclusive and he had plenty of time with the measurement to know they weren't going to overturn that.

- I thought they should have gone for two on that touchdown that Taylor got at the beginning of the fourth quarter.

ESPN: Opportunistic Bills rout sloppy Raiders, 34-14

Rookie linebacker Matt Milano scored on a 40-yard fumble return on a rain-slick field, and the Buffalo Bills forced four turnovers in beating the Oakland Raiders 34-14 on Sunday.

ESPN: Beat goes on for Bills defense despite injuries, Marcell Dareus trade
The "next man up" mantra may be a cliche, but the Bills defense is living it as replacement players stepped up again in Sunday's win over Oakland.

@mikerodak

If the Bills win Thursday night at NYJ, their 6-2 start would be Buffalo’s best since 1993, which began 7-1 and ended in trip to Super Bowl.

The Bills’ plus-14 turnover margin is the best for a team through its first 7 games since the 2005 Bengals had a plus-16 margin.

The Bills lead the NFL with a plus-14 turnover margin. The last team to lead NFL in TOM and miss playoffs was the 1999 Chiefs.

@PFF

Key grades and stats from the Bills win over the Raiders

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-34-oakland-raiders-14

Top 5 Grades:

S Micah Hyde, 89.0 overall grade

CB Shareece Wright, 85.8 overall grade

CB Leonard Johnson, 83.0 overall grade

T Cordy Glenn, 82.6 overall grade

WR Andre Holmes, 81.2 overall grade

Most fans either just don't believe in the concept of developing your own franchise quarterback or don't have the patience. So many good young prospects are never given a real chance. And people don't understand that when one or more of the key parts of a franchise isn't working (ownership, gm, scouts, capologist, head coach and his staff, quarterback, roster as a whole) the others can be seriously affected. Everyone has to be on the same page to create an environment where a player can even develop at all. Some Raiders fans are already calling Carr a bust. But what's changed over there? What's wrong with their organization? It's not like Carr all of a sudden sucks.

My point is that Tyrod is a huge reason why this team is moving in the right direction. Finally. And don't under play the fact that his teammates voted him captain. He's a leader. Now that we have what looks like homeostasis in this organization, I think the environment is ripe for Tyrod to take significant steps forward. And many other players too.

Abso F'in lutely.

Please don't trade Glenn. His return has really solidified the O-Line. Even the right side of the line is greatly improved.

Good point. I don't think this can be understated. Unless it was for a legit WR, it shouldn't be considered. Even then I'd be skeptical.

Please don't trade Glenn. His return has really solidified the O-Line. Even the right side of the line is greatly improved.

Good point. I don't think this can be understated. Unless it was for a legit WR, it shouldn't be considered. Even then I'd be skeptical.

+1

Would really be pissed if they let Glenn go. I can handle Sammy, Woods, Stephon, Dareus, etc. but leave Glenn alone. Would still like Gillislee, but I digress.

YES! And "Amen" to this. Billy B, we know you love to trade players like commemorative pins, but keep this one please.

Tates first down was the final straw. Fired up his teammates and totally demoralized the Raiders. Sick play by Tyrod to find him.

I was at the game (unexpectedly). The whole team gathered around Tate after that play. Id never seen anything like that before. One 1st down, a great play but just one 1st down, and you could tell the whole team was pumped up for Tate. That was my underrated wow moment of the game. What has McDermott done to these guys?

I was at the game (unexpectedly). The whole team gathered around Tate after that play. Id never seen anything like that before. One 1st down, a great play but just one 1st down, and you could tell the whole team was pumped up for Tate. That was my underrated wow moment of the game. What has McDermott done to these guys?

They showed that on TV too. It was awesome seeing that. McD has this team playing for each other instead of a paycheck.

Well he got rid of the big headed talented ME players.

He started a culture.

Refuses to allow players to be on the team that diesnt embrace the culture.

Trains the men on situational football.

Has his coaches preach the fundamentals.

@PFF

Key grades and stats from the Bills win over the Raiders

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-buffalo-bills-34-oakland-raiders-14

Top 5 Grades:

S Micah Hyde, 89.0 overall grade

CB Shareece Wright, 85.8 overall grade

CB Leonard Johnson, 83.0 overall grade

T Cordy Glenn, 82.6 overall grade

WR Andre Holmes, 81.2 overall grade

kudos to Wright, he was the main reason I didn't think the Bills would win today.

LeSean McCoy: "We Play Together" (6:24)

Running Back LeSean McCoy addressed the media following the 34-14 victory over the Raiders at New Era Field topics include; improved running game, the big 80 yard touchdown drive, and the mental toughness of this team.

Sean McDermott: "The Turnovers Were Big" (9:28)
HC Sean McDermott recaps the 34-14 Week 8 victory over the Oakland Raiders.

Tyrod Taylor: "Our Fans Do a Great Job" (6:59)
QB Tyrod Taylor talks about the 34-14 win over the Oakland Raiders.

What they’re saying: Bills share credit in fourth consecutive home win

1029-wts-postgame-mccoy.jpg

Sean McDermott, LeSean McCoy, Tyrod Taylor, Kyle Williams and other talk about the team-spirit that has fueled Buffalo's 5-2 start.