Finding Teddy: Should the Bills acquire Bridgewater?

Lots of speculation if Teddy will be back or Bradford will be the guy going forward. Bridgewater had his career derailed by that gruesome knee injury but may very well be available.

Should the Bills look into the third year player? He's still got a ton of potential, moves very well, may be the perfect fit in Dennison's horizontal offense.

Arm strength with Teddy is questionable, but I think he has an adequate arm.

Would you go after him? Would you give him $12M per in the offseason? (Throwing that estimate out there.)

Edited by jmc12290

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He don't have a leg to stand on, I wouldn't pay him to throw a fit, let alone a football. Besides, we have a healthier version of him already in Peterman. The best ability is availability, right? Therefore, hell no. He's a career backup from this point forward, for however many years he can hang on for. Sad but true IMO

like what we saw with RG3, Bridgewater was good because there was the threat he would run. now that he has a bum knee he won't be mobile and as a pure pocket passer he is sub-par. so no thanks.

:Edit: Guess I was wrong, I was confused by his Madden ratings where he's one of the best running QB's in the game. He's just a sub par pocket QB in real life

Edited by kdiggz

like what we saw with RG3, Bridgewater was good because there was the threat he would run. now that he has a bum knee he won't be mobile and as a pure pocket passer he is sub-par. so no thanks.

am i allowed to call him a mobile QB? or is that racist? :doh:

He was a pocket passer. Bridgewater and RG have one thing in common and it isn't their mobility.

With that being said I don't think he makes much/any sense for the Bills.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

*IF Bridgewater can ever come back from the nasty knee injury 100% he is worth a shot as he was still developing.

He will most likely come back like Daunte Culpepper though who's promising future was derailed by major knee injury against the Panthers and ultimately ended his career.

Fingers crossed for this guy though.

Edited by Real McCoy

am i allowed to call him a mobile QB? or is that racist? :doh:

This is just not accurate.

He wasn't that great even before his knee exploded.

2015- 65% Comp. for 3200 yards, 14 TDs and 9 picks

2014- 64% Comp. for 2900 yards and 12 picks.

This. Throw in the injury and at this point the most he's worth is a league minimum prove it deal.

When's the last time a QB got the league minimum?

I think you understand the spirit of his post and are arguing semantics. There are some QBs that signed for 2mil or less. There are some that are signed for 1mil or less.

Edited by Scott7975

I think you understand the spirit of his post and are arguing semantics. There are some QBs that signed for 2mil or less. There are some that are signed for 1mil or less.

I hear that, I just don't think its realistic to lump Teddy in with those guys.

I think Bridgewater will get more money on the market than say EJ Manuel.

I hear that, I just don't think its realistic to lump Teddy in with those guys.

I think Bridgewater will get more money on the market than say EJ Manuel.

Tough to say. If he didn't get that injury, I would definitely agree. Some team may take a shot at him. I don't think at the 12 you posted though and I know you were just throwing a number out there. I think he is worth a look at maybe a one year 5 mil deal. Maybe with a few mil more in incentives or something. I would still draft someone on top of that because I don't think he proved a lot even before injury.

Tough to say. If he didn't get that injury, I would definitely agree. Some team may take a shot at him. I don't think at the 12 you posted though and I know you were just throwing a number out there. I think he is worth a look at maybe a one year 5 mil deal. Maybe with a few mil more in incentives or something. I would still draft someone on top of that because I don't think he proved a lot even before injury.

That's around what Glennon got. The QB market has exploded for potential starters.

I would jump at 1 yr $5M. And always draft a QB.

I mean a veteran FA.

Most QB's either get a couple million or don't get signed.

If offered even a minimum deal, TB would sign. And I doubt any team will give him much with his play prior to being injured and the injury he suffered. Maybe a deal with incentives to push it into $5M+ range, but no guarantees.

Lots of speculation if Teddy will be back or Bradford will be the guy going forward. Bridgewater had his career derailed by that gruesome knee injury but may very well be available.

Should the Bills look into the third year player? He's still got a ton of potential, moves very well, may be the perfect fit in Dennison's horizontal offense.

Would you go after him? Would you give him $12M per in the offseason? (Throwing that estimate out there.)

no

If offered even a minimum deal, TB would sign. And I doubt any team will give him much with his play prior to being injured and the injury he suffered. Maybe a deal with incentives to push it into $5M+ range, but no guarantees.

A team gave Glennon $45M.

I think you're underestimating the desperation out there.

Hell NO

Short answer? No.

After more consideration? F##k no.

I think a lot of posters are understating how he was playing pre-injury. By many accounts he was DEVELOPING into a franchise QB. The Vikings were very happy with his progress. He wasn't there quite yet, but they and many around the league thought he was not that far off. There was a lot of excitement in Minn. However, that injury was bad, like almost had to have his leg amputated bad. You can't give a guy coming off something like that $12M without showing something first.

We also have to come to the realization that there is a very good chance we are not going to be able to get one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the draft. With our pick being worse than most expected and KCs as well, it's probably going to take a lot more than just those 2 1st to get up high enough, and how much are we willing to give up? Another 1st next year? 2 more 2nds? We may be stuck seeing what we have in Peterman and a 2nd tier guy in this years draft, bringing in Teddy for cheap on a year deal may be worth a shot.

He was a pocket passer. Bridgewater and RG have one thing in common and it isn't their mobility.

With that being said I don't think he makes much/any sense for the Bills.

Agree 100%. Bridgewater was not a running Quarterback.... did he have a bit of mobility to grt outside the pocket? Sure. But people thinking his passing ability was aided by a threat to run are way off the mark. Andrew Luck runs more than Bridgewater and he is never compared to RGIII in style is he?

A team gave Glennon $45M.

I think you're underestimating the desperation out there.

Glennon was healthy. Unless TB can come back during this season and play well, no team is going to bank on him being their starter or even backup QB.

Look at Teddy's career numbers. Then look at Tyrod's. What has Teddy ever done?