Just had a brief convo with Donald Jones.

Cherrybone

I've been saying this for weeks and DJ's opinion is the same of many scouts I've spoke with in recent weeks regarding Taylor's flaws and what a move to Peterman could do for this offense.

If McD and his coaches are truly studying the game film they would see that Taylor is not making plays that are there to be had. In fact for all the talk about our oline woes, they actually aren't that bad in pass blocking according to PFF's efficiency metrics that I pointed out already. Run blocking, yes that's a different story but better QB play would certainly change that as well.

"that many scouts ive spoken to"

LOL

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, absolutely true. But what makes you think we don't end up worse? There are more failures at QB than success. TT isn't going to an Arron Rodgers type or even a Dalton, but you could end up worse. Would be interesting to see what TT could do with an improved O-line, and legit group of WR. And please don't say that had one and traded him as he's not doing that much more in LA than he did here, and now he has what appears to be a good QB. Plus no guarantees he wouldn't be hurt again like he often was.

lots of peoples

If you're the least bit objective and have 2 eyeballs it's very plain to see the Bills need a QB. If all the fans sitting in the stands and watching on T.V. can see, so can Donald Jones and the players on the team.

I actually had a conversation with a very prominent offensive player on the Bills about 3 weeks ago in which the Bills needing to find a QB was discussed.

The player was PC and smart enough to not just come right out and say Tyrod isn't cutting it, but in a round about way that's pretty much exactly what he said.

Sure, absolutely true. But what makes you think we don't end up worse? There are more failures at QB than success. TT isn't going to an Arron Rodgers type or even a Dalton, but you could end up worse. Would be interesting to see what TT could do with an improved O-line, and legit group of WR. And please don't say that had one and traded him as he's not doing that much more in LA than he did here, and now he has what appears to be a good QB. Plus no guarantees he wouldn't be hurt again like he often was.

I always disagree with the......"well if you give him a good O-line, a great running game, an excellent defense, wings & a pet unicorn he might be a pretty good QB" argument. Good QB's lift the entire offense around them. That's the whole reason good QB's are good, they cover up other areas of vulnerability in the team. Tyrod hides no vulnerabilities if anything he accentuates them. That's what happens with middling QB's. Just look at what happened to the Packers today. The entire team looked like total garbage with Brett Hundley, even the coaching looked bad, because they had no confidence in him to convert 4th and shorts that they clearly should have gone for.

It's not the easy but it's also not impossible. Also we may have one if they pull their heads out of their you know what and give Peterman a shot. It's already clear what you have in Tyrod. Nothing is going to change with him and who he is isn't enough to win anything in this league so why is he still starting.

I guess I get it why they will keep Tyrod in...

But I am generally in the camp of when you know a player is not the answer, there is no point in dragging it out. I think you give TT the chance to make the playoffs, but if/when we are eliminated, 5 should be done for the year. It just makes so much sense to see what you have in Peterman, and get him some live action.

After all, next year he will be competing with a 2018 draft pick.

Really wish the NFL had a farm system so we could see Peterman play in "the minors".

I also call BS. What you have said goes against everything Jones talks about on the show. Nice try though

Why would he lie about having a conversation with Donald jones? lol. If it was jim Kelly then I would question it a little more. But don't understand why he would make up talking to Donald jones

Why would he lie about having a conversation with Donald jones? lol. If it was jim Kelly then I would question it a little more. But don't understand why he would make up talking to Donald jones

Why is Jim Kelly any different? They're both ex players who didn't accomplish schit. Has beens.

Because he is a legendary Bills QB who is in the HOF. Donald Jones was a scrub receiver who barely made the team. Why would someone lie about that?...

That's something you'll have to ask cherry coke.

Don't know the original poster at all, just doesn't make sense why someone would lie about meeting Donald jones lol...

In my hometown, a local urologist was caught stealing reading glasses from a grocery store. Some people do things they have no reason to. Happens all the time.

In my hometown, a local urologist was caught stealing reading glasses from a grocery store. Some people do things they have no reason to. Happens all the time.

Why is that so unrealistic though? Its Donald f'ing jones lol. He is barely relevant. I live near Toronto in the hockey mecca of the world and I have talked to tyler seguin/rick nash at bars multiple times. Is that b.s because I don't have a picture? lol, just don't understand the hate/ why people find it so unrealistic he ran into Donald jones lol

I think most objective Bills fans understand our passing game and qb are not good enough. Rather then try the other guy to find out if we can improve it, we will keep playing the guy that we know cant do it. Very sensible

The NFL is the most conservative, traditionalist environment you will find in society.

I would love for some thirty-something dot com billionaire to come along, buy a team, and do everything according to what is smart and correct, as opposed to what is traditional or what the traditional "football guy" thinks is correct.

Once it is done and is successful, the rest of the league will reluctantly follow suit.

Until that happens, it is incredibly difficult to do anything that goes against conventional wisdom.

So onward with Tyrod we go.

It will take an injury and missed time for Peterman to show what he can do--or can't do.

he sounds excited like the bills just scored a touchdown when then get a 5 yard run.

But sometimes it is the opposite. He is not excited when he should be.

He is so bad at his job. It is really hard to judge what is happening based on what he says if you are solely listening on the radio with no TV.

Also, I have found that simply listening for crowd noise, or lack thereof, is a much quicker way to find out the outcome of a given play. Waiting for Murphy to tell you often takes quite a while. He needs better glasses or something.

It can take him 5 seconds sometimes to tell you if a pass is caught, dropped, or intercepted.

John Murphy Show is almost completely unlistenable at this point. Donald Jones has a coherent thought about 10% of the time and Murph is way too much of a propaganda machine for the Bills. He always has been but it's getting more blatant and he's going so far as to rip on callers that disagree with the team's direction.

Having said that, anyone with a pulse and a set of eyes knows Tyrod isnt very good. Without an amazing defense and league leading running game, he is nothing. How about we have those things PLUS a good QB?

Sure we need a better QB. We need an elite WR, at least 2 better OL, at least 2 better LB's, better depth behind Shady, better depth at CB and a new starting DT to replace Kyle. Additionally, Dareus and Lawson need to step up their game a LOT. Still, I'd start with QB, but I wouldn't dump Tyrod until another QB shows clear evidence that they are better.

Based on history ... nah.

And what's the history? Or is it that you have some kind of crush on Donald and you're upset that I had the opportunity to talk sports with him before you did. He's not some A-list celebrity that people mob when they see him. In Plainfield he's just another guy when he's around. If you don't believe me don't respond. Go about your business. I'm not looking for your approval

Not much news there.

I'm just disapointed they didn't go down to the supermarket and pick up a few good ones in QB aisle...

If there were some good ones there you can be confident that they would have passed on by without making a purchase.

Just wanted to chime in. D jones mentioned he had a long football talk with a bills fan back in nj over the weekend at his sons poo Warner thing. Mentioned it before going into how the offence need to get going.

Something about this just doesn't smell right. :lol:

Classic fat finger flub

Jms is good. If you want a show that trashes the bills it starts at 3pm est same station.

No worries. The JMS is standard fare for a team sponsored show. The show does feature guests from the world of football who offer good perspective on a number of interesting topics.

No worries. The JMS is standard fare for a team sponsored show. The show does feature guests from the world of football who offer good perspective on a number of interesting topics.

For sure. I listen for just that reason and appreciated the work you put in here keeping us posted. I prefer to commiserate about the bills in my own head rather than getting all worked up in a avalanche of reactionary takes.

For sure. I listen for just that reason and appreciated the work you put in here keeping us posted. I prefer to commiserate about the bills in my own head rather than getting all worked up in a avalanche of reactionary takes.

Much appreciated and welcome. :beer: