Is Dennison the problem?

RyanC883

The QB needs to make the WR better and TT doesn't. He's a guy you can win with, but you have to be able to run the ball effectively to have success which we were able to do at the highest level the past 2 years. If you recall the offense was top 10 scoring in the league, it was the defense that was the problem. There's no convincing me that it wasn't a huge mistake to change the blocking scheme in the run game. The O-line is trying to learn zone blocking and are struggling. No run game doesn't help open up the pass. I don't want to hear about defenses stacking the box cause they've been doing that against TT from day one. It's mind boggling how an NFL coach would change to something that was #1 in the league two straight years. Rico was a bad hire because they knew what type of offense he runs.

We were the #1 rushing team in the NFL the last 2 years. We're near the bottom half now.

Shady has one rushing game of 100yds in 5 games now. Tyrod is not running either.

One glaring change. I think the answer is fairly obvious.

To be honest and also in Taylor's defense, McCoy has not looked very good this season with the exception of a few plays.

Not saying he's finished but this is probably his last season in Buffalo unless something drastic changes.

When you have McCoy, a rookie receiver and a bunch of guys out there at skill positions it's pretty hard to throw too.

we gave ej, a 1st round pick like 8 games to prove himself. tyrod going on 2 and a half years, clearly not the guy. every year its the same story with him

We were the #1 rushing team in the NFL the last 2 years. We're near the bottom now.

Shady has one rushing game of 100yds in 5 games now. Tyrod is not running either.

One glaring change. I think the answer is fairly obvious.

ya people game planning against our strength last year, forcing tyrod to throw. but guess what he cant

I don't think most fans were thrilled with this hire, but he was part of a SB winning team that including both Brock Osweiler and a washed up Peyton Manning as starters between the regular season and playoffs.

I think the issue with Dennison's offense is he needs a true pocket QB who can not only be an effective game manager but take chances when needed which is why I maintain Peterman would be the better option despite no NFL starts under his belt.

It was Denvers Defence that got them there if you watched the games,,,,,,love manning but he was dreadful in his last season.,,,,I like peterman....looked good in pre season but if he was out there today with our line the way it was he would of been clobbered....same result.....we have no WR corp....they are awful....our best WR who happened to be our TE gets hurt and that was it.....no seperation for most of the game....

we gave ej, a 1st round pick like 8 games to prove himself. tyrod going on 2 and a half years, clearly not the guy. every year its the same story with him

ya people game planning against our strength last year, forcing tyrod to throw. but guess what he cant

And people didnt game plan vs our strength last yr when we had Powell, Hunter, and Goodwin at WR? Problem is that Hunter and Goodwin are worlds better than any of the garbage we currently have at WR. Yes, a scrub we got off the street last yr and Goodwin are pro bowlers in comparison to Zay Jones and the garbage that follows him in the depth chart.

Last two years when our running game was top of the league, we at least had deep threats on the outside and tight ends that defenses had to respect. Opened up the rushing game a ton and the play action. Now, there's no reason a defense has to actually play the pass. Play the run and challenge the bills to beat them through the air. It's a totally different offense in the eyes of a defense

This year the new OC has a new blocking scheme. Shady is being abused by the resultsnt terrible blocking. The pass game is just as nad as it was last year, and with the loss of a runnig game we look/are awful on offense.

This was my thought watching my game. It's been my fear all year.

Tyrod hasn't been great this season but he's not the weakest link. From my seat, Rico is the first person who needs to be upgraded.

Maybe Rico just needs more time to get his scheme going. I don't know. But so far, he looks like the Rex of the Bills offense. He took a great running game and made it bad just like Rex took a great defense and made it bad.

Tyrod hasn't been great this season but he's not the weakest link. From my seat, Rico is the first person who needs to be upgraded.

Maybe Rico just needs more time to get his scheme going. I don't know. But so far, he looks like the Rex of the Bills offense. He took a great running game and made it bad just like Rex took a great defense and made it bad.

+1

Hard to disagree with the Rex comparison. Rex inherited a top defense and turned it to dog crap. Rico inherited an elite run game and a top 10 scoring team and turned it to crap.

McD is to blame too.

Hard to disagree with the Rex comparison. Rex inherited a top defense and turned it to dog crap. Rico inherited an elite run game and a top 10 scoring team and turned it to crap.

McD is to blame too.

Agreed, but you can't replace tires with spares and expect the driver to win the race.

Agreed, but you can't replace tires with spares and expect the driver to win the race.

I agree to a certain extent. However, there were several games last year where our WR group was horrible with Sammy and Woods both missing time. But this WR group sets the new low.

This is Tyrods 3rd OC, how many do they have to fire before they figure out the real problem. SMH

Shady can't get the running game going because teams are game planing to stop the run and make Tyrod be a QB. Put Peterman in and watch this offense come to life.

Peterman is less mobile than Tyrod. The WR group is bad. It doesn't matter who the QB is behind this OL right now. They can't run the ball and it's not like there is always 8 guys in the box. The scheme is not working for the rushing attack.

We should have seen the red flags when Im the offseason Dennison said he didnt care what we did the last few years. Perhaps he should have?

Classic arrogance from a coach who "feels" their system is better........ehem.....Rex

Last year there were a lot of imbalanced runs, out swings and stretching the defense to the outside. Created creases and allowed McCoy to turn it up. Now it just seems like it's run up the middle every time. Nothing creative or different. Defense beats our inferior line, plug us the gaps and take down shady for a loss. Problems start at the OC spot but extend all the way down to each individual player on the offensive side of the ball. There's a lot of work that needs to be done.

This is Tyrods 3rd OC, how many do they have to fire before they figure out the real problem. SMH

Shady can't get the running game going because teams are game planing to stop the run and make Tyrod be a QB. Put Peterman in and watch this offense come to life.

This post was exactly what I was thinking in my head.

Rick is part of the problem as he runs the 2 TE set. His offense doesnt necessarily cater to the WR and RBs. When Denver held on to the other OC but allowed the Bills to interview Rick they knew they werent losing anyone good.

I challenge them to make the change at QB if Peterman looks as bad as Tyrod has I'll agree its the OC and everyone else until then I will continue to blame Tyrod. 3rd OC proves it's the QB not the system in my opinion. Don't need to look very far, Roman tried to make Tyrod be a QB and is the same fail we are in right now.

Sometimes i wonder if i live on the same planet as some of you.

Lets break down your 3 OC comment:

The 1st OC managed to take a crap offense prior to Tyrod, and turn it into a top 15 scoring offense.

The 1st OC got fired bc Rex needed a fall guy and he couldnt and wouldnt fire his brother.

The 2nd OC took over and took the offense with Tyrod to a whole new level and going into week 15 the offense ranked 8th in the NFL in scoring.

The 2nd OC did so well with Tyrod and this offense he's a HC now.

Now we have a whole new scheme with Rico. And guess what, TT isnt the only one struggling. Shady is having one of his worst years so far.

But carry on in whatever parallel universe you live in.

This year the new OC has a new blocking scheme. Shady is being abused by the resultsnt terrible blocking. The pass game is just as nad as it was last year, and with the loss of a runnig game we look/are awful on offense.

naaaa i'd say clearly tyrod is the problem

My opinion is the zone running scheme does not fit these lineman. They need to go back to what worked the last 2 years

Yep and they even started Dawkins and Ducasse today to try to run that zone scheme more. That stretch zone run play is a drive killing play that is a tell from the formation and the tackle's first step. I don't watch game film all week and I know it. If I know it, I'm sure other DCs and defensive players who watch film know it. If you run for negative yards and don't even try to push the ball down the field in the first two downs very often, then you get a lot of Colton Schmidt. The WRs aren't helping, but the gameplan and personnel decisions today on the line were terrible coaching.

I'm a gator fan and watching Nussmeier on Saturday and Denison on Sunday is like getting a root canal and then your Wisdom teeth taken out every weekend.

Edited by Ayjent

Year after year we always find people blaming the OC for all the problems with the QB's execution. Doesn't matter who's lined up behind center, when they don't produce there's a contingency of fans who point to playcalling instead of the QB.

I mean it's so predictable at this point. Blame the line - check. Blame the OC - check. Blame the WR's - check. Blame the injuries - check.

Just don't blame the QB, or else you're a "hater," and a pessimist/negative Nancy....

I don't believe Denison is getting the most out of the unit and it should be believed he likewise had some sway in constructing the roster too (if not that's a separate failure on his behalf).

Year after year we always find people blaming the OC for all the problems with the QB's execution. Doesn't matter who's lined up behind center, when they don't produce there's a contingency of fans who point to playcalling instead of the QB.

I mean it's so predictable at this point. Blame the line - check. Blame the OC - check. Blame the WR's - check. Blame the injuries - check.

Just don't blame the QB, or else you're a "hater," and a pessimist/negative Nancy....

What about Shady's execution? He looks amazing right now.

I'll blame the QB when the QB deserves blame, but the run game and pass game are subpar in this offense and the difference from the past two years to this year is the OC. The run game is crap with Dennison, it's inconsistent and unreliable. The formations are tells, and there isn't much room for error - one bad down is usually a death knell for a drive. I've seen this show before and yes there are talent deficiencies, but playing the downs for the first down marker rather than for bigger yards usually ends up in bad offense. Good offense attacks on all three downs and puts defenses on their heels. Running on second down and long is just a prelude to a punt. If you have a good defense, then be aggressive - that's how you turn games into blowouts, instead of playing needlessly close.

Tyrod hasn't really ever shown an ability to elevate his game to bring home games when the Bills need a final score to win and that pass to end the game was terrible. I get why people are down on him, but he is a decent QB that won't usually hurt a team with stupid mistakes. A lot of teams have much worse behind center and he's the best QB the Bills have had since Bledsoe, and this team with a semi-competent Defensive scheme the past two years would've been good enough to make the playoffs or in the hunt til the bitter end.

Edited by Ayjent

Guys are open, the line is holding the ball forever while Tyrod cant seam to find anyone. When a QB plays hold the ball to long everyone looks bad, it plays into the Ds strength. Remember how Trent Edwards did the same thing and these same excuses happened blaming everyone but him. A deer in headlights.

A point. Remember how the OL and our "goon squad" of WR magically improved when Ryan Fitzpatrick took over?

Still, it has to be noted that our WR can't seem to haul in and hang onto the ball at some crucial points.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Every team is just one coach away from prominence, talent doesn't matter...

this team lacks talent, but so did last years offense. The major difference is the coach changing the scheme. We still have Shady, and basically the same O-line.