TNF: Pats at Bucs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he stunk 1st half. He had a good second half. His kicker missed two kicks from under 50 yards and his tiht end dropped a ball that hit him right in the hands in the endzone.

He accumulated a lot of yards against a prevent d, even though they only played prevent the last 7 minutes or so.

We are better than them this year! Trust me, I'm usually the sky is falling type of guy but this year's defense has me believing, which I haven't done in a long time. Go bills!

No one should EVER count out the Patriots. Not too smart. They will be around. Dont worry.

Turns out I was wrong about Winston's performance. He threw for over 300 yards. Elite.

You are wrong if you think he was bad in the 2nd half. You are wrong if you think he was the reason the Buccs lost. You are also wrong if you think anyone was calling him elite.

Good hattrick.

No one should EVER count out the Patriots. Not too smart. They will be around. Dont worry.

Unfortunately, this is all too true. I had a lot of hope that they would lose to Tampa, but the Bucs really did not show up.

Play calling sucked for the Bucs. Lazy effort.

Only good thing that came from this game is enjoying the announcing tandem. They are a good listen and seem to enjoy eachother.

Yep, Romo is outstanding

Easy call to make after the game is over.

Agree. If you kick deep the plays the Patriots call are very different. Even if you get a 3 and out the defense they then call is very different. I thought their best chance of winning was to onside it. Especially with a kicker whose confidence on FGs is crushed.

Which is exactly why I see a vulnerable Pat's team. By week 5 last year? NE wins by 20+..

If you've been watching the last 20 years, you know that they usually start slow,...by November, we'll know how good NE is....Brady is playing like a MVP @ 40 years old...if they fix the D, I'm afraid it will be same old same old....here's hoping this is the year they actually can't figure it out....

NE's D was very vanilla tonight. That was their response to the poor play... they hugely simplified it. If they want to play vanilla base against the Bills with our unorthodox way of manufacturing yards and points they might be in trouble.

If that is the D they want to run against us I fancy our chances.

Edited by GunnerBill

Agreed. He actually analyzes stuff.

Nance though still remains annoying.

One thing I have noticed.... he only reaches for the telestrator pen when he has something to show you. Phil Simms had it out every 2 minutes drawing useless lines nowhere near the play so that I couldn't actually watch the replay for myself.

NE defensive secondary looked just as bad as they have first four games. Tampa Bay didn't take advantage of it due to many dropped passes , and inaccurate placement by Winston. The Bucs certainly could have had the lead late rather than trailed largely due to their own mistakes. That said, the Pats offense looked a bit off as well. This seem s to be a common theme on Thursday night games. I'm still not certain that the Bills offense could muster enough to pull out a victory over the Pats if they played next week. Not in its current state anyway. They don't meet until quite a ways down the road, so there is still time for the Bills offense to improve.

Edited by Boatdrinks

Stop it......His play calling has won 2 of the last 3 SBs.......Patricia is one of the best DC in the league.....

# 1 defense in the NFL last year for points allowed...not garbage at all.....you guys are nuts....

Tell me more about how great NE is.

And still waiting to hear how much we're betting on your Patriots being in the AFCCG.

You are wrong if you think he was bad in the 2nd half. You are wrong if you think he was the reason the Buccs lost. You are also wrong if you think anyone was calling him elite.

Good hattrick.

1) He was okay in the 2nd half. Literally every QB has gotten 300+ yards on the Patriots this season. The game was easily winnable and he didn't get it done. He has weapons all over the field.

2) He was a reason the Bucs lost. Of course not THE reason. I would argue the 2nd biggest reason, 1st would have to be Folk. He missed wide open receivers and made bad decisions.

3) I didn't say anyone called him elite, it was a joke.

Thanks Nick Folk!

I'll always remember him hitting that 53-yard bomb against us to win that Monday night game for the Cowboys, the game where Romo threw like 5 picks. Surprised Romo didn't mention it tonight. Edited by mannc

Tell me more about how great NE is.

And still waiting to hear how much we're betting on your Patriots being in the AFCCG.

That was simply in response to some saying their D has been awful for years...Being a Bills fan does not mean you make **** up !

I can't bet on something I'm rooting against....If had a gun to my head, I would pick them to be in the AFCCG again....but seeing I don't....

If you've been watching the last 20 years, you know that they usually start slow,...by November, we'll know how good NE is....Brady is playing like a MVP @ 40 years old...if they fix the D, I'm afraid it will be same old same old....here's hoping this is the year they actually can't figure it out....

If you've been truly watching NE for the last twenty years, you'd know that this is a shell of past teams. Bucs gave them a gift tonight.

1) He was okay in the 2nd half. Literally every QB has gotten 300+ yards on the Patriots this season. The game was easily winnable and he didn't get it done. He has weapons all over the field.

2) He was a reason the Bucs lost. Of course not THE reason. I would argue the 2nd biggest reason, 1st would have to be Folk. He missed wide open receivers and made bad decisions.

3) I didn't say anyone called him elite, it was a joke.

1. His weapons are vastly overrated Mike Evans apart. And he was good second half. Not great, but good.

2. He more than gave his team a chance to win. The Cameron Brate drop was the #2 reason they lost.

3. I know. The whole 300 yard thing is entirely tiresome.

If you've been truly watching NE for the last twenty years, you'd know that this is a shell of past teams. Bucs gave them a gift tonight.

All I'm saying is just a few years ago, they looked worst on that Monday night game vs KC than they looked tonight....and we all know how it turned out....NE has fooled everyone so many times...who knows, this could be the year and I hope so...but I need to see 4-5 more Ls to really get excited.....