GMFB: McD "coach of the year through the first quarter"

Heavy Kevi

Kyle Brandt this morning on Good Morning Football said, "Sean McDermott is coach of the year through the first quarter of the season", and "The Bills are the best story in the NFL"...

Now I know Brandt has a soft spot for Bills fans, but this is high praise in my opinion, and rightfully so. Looks like Sean and co. are the real deal.

I am one still not sure if Ty is the franchise, but it is a fair argument that we have faced 2 of the NFLs top defenses, plus a tough Jets D. Hard not to be impressed, and I hope Ty will ball out against some lesser teams. Hopefully we don't do the Billsy thing and lose some gimmes this year after taking down contenders nobody though we would.

If we do finish with a winning record, or even more if we make the playoffs, I think it would be hard not to name McD as coach of the year.

Kyle Brandt this morning on Good Morning Football said, "Sean McDermott is coach of the year through the first quarter of the season", and "The Bills are the best story in the NFL"...

Now I know Brandt has a soft spot for Bills fans, but this is high praise in my opinion, and rightfully so. Looks like Sean and co. are the real deal.

I am one still not sure if Ty is the franchise, but it is a fair argument that we have faced 2 of the NFLs top defenses, plus a tough Jets D. Hard not to be impressed, and I hope Ty will ball out against some lesser teams. Hopefully we don't do the Billsy thing and lose some gimmes this year after taking down contenders nobody though we would.

If we do finish with a winning record, or even more if we make the playoffs, I think it would be hard not to name McD as coach of the year.

I was posting that last night and this AM. :thumbsup:

Why does Kyle Brandt have a soft spot for Bills fans? I never heard that - is there a connection somewhere?

He was telling a story last week about when he was a beat reporter, I don't remember where exactly, but said he always saw/talked to Bills fans, and something along the lines of we always support the team, are great fans, that we deserve to have a winner, and that the "NFL is a better place when Buffalo is doing good". Said (and I paraphrase b/c Im not 100% sure, but I believe it to be an exact quote) he "always pulls for the Bills". Seemed very sincere about it too, and I got the impression it is a fairly long held belief.

He was telling a story last week about when he was a beat reporter, I don't remember where exactly, but said he always saw/talked to Bills fans, and something along the lines of we always support the team, are great fans, that we deserve to have a winner, and that the "NFL is a better place when Buffalo is doing good". Said (and I paraphrase b/c Im not 100% sure, but I believe it to be an exact quote) he "always pulls for the Bills". Seemed very sincere about it too, and I got the impression it is a fairly long held belief.

Probably from his time taking sports callers on the Rome show. I heard a snippet of it but didn't catch the entire thing.

Sounds like he might be a candidate to pick up the torch from Chris Berman. Would have really capped off the win to hear a 'nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills' on the ESPN recap last night. Unfortunately with the new crew the current ESPN coverage is a shadow of its former self.

cool. Thanks. I actually remember when he was on the Real World - Chicago. Is that show still on MTV? Does MTV still exist?

Sounds like he might be a candidate to pick up the torch from Chris Berman. Would have really capped off the win to hear a 'nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills' on the ESPN recap last night. Unfortunately with the new crew the current ESPN coverage is a shadow of its former self.

Perhaps

He did say "Bills circling the wagons..." this morning on GMFB.

I like the crew with Kyle, Nate, Kay and the other guy it's a shame they are on weekday mornings. I'd rather listen to them on a Sunday morning, they are fun and know as much as the blow hards.

Yeah, I really enjoy the show for the most part (save fantasy and schrager), and it's on at a great time, but boy that Sunday crew is hot garbage.

I can support that.

Although a case can be made for Todd Bowles, considering the Jets were predicted to not score a TD this season.

*repost

I like what I've seen so far with McD and how he is rubbing off in a positive way on the team. hard working and always looking to get better. motivational.

early, but impressive none the less.

Sean McVay, Deshaun Watson lead NFL bandwagons to hop on

4) Sean McDermott's Buffalo Bills

Like the Rams, the Bills suddenly have a real coach and it's awesome. Rex Ryan ran an undisciplined clown show in Buffalo. McDermott's team is buttoned-up and playing great. During the offseason, I touched on the 2017 Bills' potential to surprise, but never in a million years expected they'd begin October alone in first place. Heck, they are one Zay Jones catch (or Tyrod Taylor throw) in Carolina away from being 4-0!

Winning at Atlanta was a statement to the rest of the NFL. I don't want to hear about Falcons injuries and Julio Jones getting nicked. I don't want to hear about the officials. The Falcons had more talent on the field, yet Buffalo stormed Atlanta's gorgeous new building and beat the home team. And the Billsappropriately sealed the deal with a defensive stand at the end. That's McDermott's specialty. That's a fantastic 23-17 win.

Tyrod Taylor has been very solid. LeSean McCoy has bought in and played quite well. And the future is incredibly bright, with a whole bunch of draft picks stockpiled for 2018 and beyond. Remember when everyone claimed this team was tanking?

Buffalo is winning now and primed for the future. A legit plan and coach in Buffalo. What a concept

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855288/article/sean-mcvay-deshaun-watson-lead-nfl-bandwagons-to-hop-on

• 0ap1000000053195.jpg
  • By Adam Schein
  • NFL.com Columnist
  • Published: Oct. 2, 2017

Yep, him and Sean Mcvay have to be the top 2 right now

Difference is the Rams have the new hot QB, all those weapons on offense, and a good defense. They traded for Sammy thinking he is something like the "final piece".

Two weeks ago we were talking about tanking and we just beat two of the best teams in the league. They were supposed to be good, we weren't.

Maybe I'm biased, but if they handed it out now, McD probably gets the edge.

cool. Thanks. I actually remember when he was on the Real World - Chicago. Is that show still on MTV? Does MTV still exist?

I think it's still on... but jesus they need to change the name. "Music" Television hasn't played music in over a decade.

Not that I want to hear much of what gets considered music these days, but thats an aging curmudgeon's rant for another day.

Difference is the Rams have the new hot QB, all those weapons on offense, and a good defense. They traded for Sammy thinking he is something like the "final piece".

Two weeks ago we were talking about tanking and we just beat two of the best teams in the league. They were supposed to be good, we weren't.

This.

The Bills are much more of a surprise than the Rams. McDermott definitely would win if they handed it out now.

the rams beat the 1-3 colts, 0-4 49ers (winning by 1 point) and the 2-2 cowgirls.

they may win 8-10 games?

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=LA

Yep, him and Sean Mcvay have to be the top 2 right now

Exactly, so far they've engineered a couple of impressive turnarounds most would have called unlikely. Let's keep up our part...and hope they crumble. (I'm all about he draft picks when it comes to other teams, even if they are fun to watch.)

McDermott or McVay. As it stands now, one or the other should be COTY. McD's chances are goof for AFC, McV looks real good in the NFC. I'd love to see both teams win their divisions

McVay is definitely a good story so far. I also like all the ex-Bills that play for the Rams.

But this season (for Bills related reasons) I want them to do as crappy as possible.

Next year, when we don't hold their 2nd round pick, they can win their division. Just please not this year! lol

<p>

*repost

I like what I've seen so far with McD and how he is rubbing off in a positive way on the team. hard working and always looking to get better. motivational.

early, but impressive none the less.

Sean McVay, Deshaun Watson lead NFL bandwagons to hop on

4) Sean McDermott's Buffalo Bills

Like the Rams, the Bills suddenly have a real coach and it's awesome. Rex Ryan ran an undisciplined clown show in Buffalo. McDermott's team is buttoned-up and playing great. During the offseason, I touched on the 2017 Bills' potential to surprise, but never in a million years expected they'd begin October alone in first place. Heck, they are one Zay Jones catch (or Tyrod Taylor throw) in Carolina away from being 4-0!

Winning at Atlanta was a statement to the rest of the NFL. I don't want to hear about Falcons injuries and Julio Jones getting nicked. I don't want to hear about the officials. The Falcons had more talent on the field, yet Buffalo stormed Atlanta's gorgeous new building and beat the home team. And the Billsappropriately sealed the deal with a defensive stand at the end. That's McDermott's specialty. That's a fantastic 23-17 win.

Tyrod Taylor has been very solid. LeSean McCoy has bought in and played quite well. And the future is incredibly bright, with a whole bunch of draft picks stockpiled for 2018 and beyond. Remember when everyone claimed this team was tanking?

Buffalo is winning now and primed for the future. A legit plan and coach in Buffalo. What a concept

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855288/article/sean-mcvay-deshaun-watson-lead-nfl-bandwagons-to-hop-on

• 0ap1000000053195.jpg
  • By Adam Schein
  • NFL.com Columnist
  • Published: Oct. 2, 2017

I'm not sure how to handle all the positivity about the Bills.

Exactly, so far they've engineered a couple of impressive turnarounds most would have called unlikely. Let's keep up our part...and hope they crumble. (I'm all about he draft picks when it comes to other teams, even if they are fun to watch.)

Ya agreed! So far it sucks with the chiefs and rams off to great starts

McDermott or McVay. As it stands now, one or the other should be COTY. McD's chances are goof for AFC, McV looks real good in the NFC. I'd love to see both teams win their divisions

McDonalds should make a commercial with McDermott McVay McAdoo and McCarthy. I'll expect my royalty check any day now.

Remember last year that the Rams started 3-1 and finished an unimpressive 1-11 the rest of the way ;)

I am not saying that will happen this year but have they even had any injuries yet?

Edited by JMF2006

I think its becoming very clear how much good coaching matters in the game...

McVay is definitely a good story so far. I also like all the ex-Bills that play for the Rams.

But this season (for Bills related reasons) I want them to do as crappy as possible.

Next year, when we don't hold their 2nd round pick, they can win their division. Just please not this year! lol

McVay is an offensive mastermind