New Orlean Saints

@ San Diego Chargers

@ Kansas City Chiefs

New England Patriots

Indianapolis Colts

Miami Dolphins

@ New England Patriots

@ Miami Dolphins

My predictions have changed a bit based on three weeks.

I don't see a win at Atlanta. I thought they would take a step back after the SB and I have never been a Matt Ryan guy. I thought we could run on their D but the running game with this zone blocking is just not working.

However, I now see a victory over Oakland. Unless that game is moved back to a 4PM start I think the Bills win. The West coast team playing early on the East coast is a real issue.

I now see future wins : Cinci, Tampa, Oakland, Jets, Pats, Colts, Dolphins x 2

Losses: Atlanta, Chiefs, Pats

Toss ups: Saints and Chargers

I can see a path to 12 wins. The schedule doesn't look nearly as difficult as it did. New England's offensive line is garbage and their defense is even worse. There is a good chance Luck sits the rest of the season. Sooner or later an empty LA stadium will be detrimental on the Chargers.

I see difficult games against Tampa, Oakland, and the Saints but they are all at home. Miami will be out of the playoffs by the time they meet. KC looks like a SB contender (until Andy Reid chokes in the playoffs). And there will just be a game that makes no sense, like holding Brees to 125 yards and losing or last second loss to Bucs on a pass to OJ Howard the player I most wanted in the draft.

After all that, 10-6 losing the Division in Foxboro week 16.

Buffalo has been its own worst enemy for longer than I care to remember. The were far from mistake free today, but the trend seems to be that they are doing less to beat themselves than in the past, especially compared to the Rex Ryan era. When you're playing better yourselves, better teams on your schedule don't seem as scary as they did when you were beating yourself half the time. I think Buffalo has a long way to go, but I like the trend. It's not an easy schedule this year, but given that Buffalo just surprised Denver, there is every chance they can surprises some other teams. Minnesota just beat the Buccaneers with a backup QB and Washington is giving Oakland all they can handle, so maybe those two teams are more beatable than they appeared to be at the start of the season.

New York Jets

@ Carolina Panthers

Denver Broncos

@ Atlanta Falcons

@ Cincinnati Bengals

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oakland Raiders

@ New York Jets

New Orlean Saints

@ San Diego Chargers

@ Kansas City Chiefs

New England Patriots

Indianapolis Colts

Miami Dolphins

@ New England Patriots

@ Miami Dolphins

I don't see a win at Atlanta. I thought they would take a step back after the SB and I have never been a Matt Ryan guy. I thought we could run on their D but the running game with this zone blocking is just not working.

However, I now see a victory over Oakland. Unless that game is moved back to a 4PM start I think the Bills win. The West coast team playing early on the East coast is a real issue.

I can see a path to 12 wins. The schedule doesn't look nearly as difficult as it did. New England's offensive line is garbage and their defense is even worse. There is a good chance Luck sits the rest of the season. Sooner or later an empty LA stadium will be detrimental on the Chargers.

I see difficult games against Tampa, Oakland, and the Saints but they are all at home. Miami will be out of the playoffs by the time they meet. KC looks like a SB contender (until Andy Reid chokes in the playoffs). And there will just be a game that makes no sense, like holding Brees to 125 yards and losing or last second loss to Bucs on a pass to OJ Howard the player I most wanted in the draft.

I doubt it will happen but at this point I don't think it would be a stretch to see a 6 game win streak right here---IMO all those teams are beatable by us either---in the case of Cincy and the Jets because they aren't very good, in the case of Oakland, TB and New Orleans because we are at home, and in the case of San Diego because they are San Diego, and will figure out how to lose the game, lol---officially I think we will go 4-2 there, with a loss to Atlanta next week, that will put us at 6-4 through 10 games...I'll take it:

@ Cincinnati Bengals

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oakland Raiders

@ New York Jets

New Orlean Saints

@ San Diego Chargers

Edited by matter2003

I was thinking 6-7 wins, now I would say 8, maybe 9. I am still worried about the consistency of the offense. I also want to see what the defense can do against some of the higher caliber offenses that they play later in the year

Buffalo is now 2-1 Before the season started, the six game stretch from week 2 to 7 looked impossible. Carolina was a loss I saw that as a toss up in favor of Carolina, Denver was a win today, but i would have seen that as a sure loss. Atlanta would be a tough game to win. Tampa Bay, Cincy and Oakland suddenly do not look as tough as before. I see 4-3 or 3-4 going into the rematch against the Jets

From there

Winnable-2 miami games, Indy, Jets

Toss up, New Orleans San Diego

Losses-New England games, @ KC

Lets be optimistic but still realistic and say that Buffalo wins three of the four winnable games and spilts with New Orleans and San Diego. This gives us 7-8 wins unless an upset happens against the Chiefs or Patriots.

Long story short, to get to the playoffs, Buffalo needs to win all of the games that they should and pull off a couple more upsets.

3 games vs Miami and the Jets. Should be 3 wins. I think.

Then it's find 5 more wins and we're in.

I'll be conservative here:

Tampa: win (their D is decimated)

Saints: win (Brees on the road outside) Toss up.

Colts: win (until i see Luck) Toss up.

Nope. Can't find five. 5-11. At best. Up from 3-13. But I am very encouraged with McD.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz

3 games vs Miami and the Jets. Should be 3 wins. I think. Then it's find 5 more wins and we're in. I'll be conservative here: Tampa: win (their D is decimated) Saints: win (Brees on the road outside) Toss up. Colts: win (until i see Luck) Toss up. Nope. Can't find five. 5-11. At best. Up from 3-13. But I am very encouraged with McD. Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

You aren't very good at math. They are already 2-1 and you just named six wins. That is 8-8

Ah, Bills September hope. Its a beautiful thing

Most pessimists had a loss predicted this week. The defense is better than predicted. The coaching seems better. They are one drop from 3-0. Ryan, Brees, and Brady are the only elite QB's left on the schedule. Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders all have good QB play but off all those teams only Atlanta, KC, and the Patriots can truly dominate a defense.

But I see your point, I thought they were playoff bound with Edwards at 5-1 and Fitz at 4-1

You aren't very good at math. They are already 2-1 and you just named six wins. That is 8-8

Most pessimists had a loss predicted this week. The defense is better than predicted. The coaching seems better. They are one drop from 3-0. Ryan, Brees, and Brady are the only elite QB's left on the schedule. Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders all have good QB play but off all those teams only Atlanta, KC, and the Patriots can truly dominate a defense.

But I see your point, I thought they were playoff bound with Edwards at 5-1 and Fitz at 4-1

Funny, I was thinking the same thing...

New York Jets

@ Carolina Panthers

Denver Broncos

@ Atlanta Falcons

@ Cincinnati Bengals

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oakland Raiders

@ New York Jets

New Orlean Saints

@ San Diego Chargers

@ Kansas City Chiefs

New England Patriots

Indianapolis Colts

Miami Dolphins

@ New England Patriots

@ Miami Dolphins

Path to 12 wins lol. My lord it's one win against a decent team.

Most hoping to lose out or cheering against Bills had a loss predicted this week. The defense is better than predicted. The coaching seems better. They are one drop from 3-0. Ryan, Brees, and Brady are the only elite QB's left on the schedule. Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders all have good QB play but off all those teams only Atlanta, KC, and the Patriots can truly dominate a defense.

Corrected.

3 games vs Miami and the Jets. Should be 3 wins. I think. Then it's find 5 more wins and we're in. I'll be conservative here: Tampa: win (their D is decimated) Saints: win (Brees on the road outside) Toss up. Colts: win (until i see Luck) Toss up. Nope. Can't find five. 5-11. At best. Up from 3-13. But I am very encouraged with McD. Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Ah, Bills September hope. Its a beautiful thing

Those are there BEST shots at wins and 2 of them I've got as toss ups.

The 3 games vs Jets and Dolphins should be wins but we could easily lose in Miami.

5-11 at worst at this point but 10 wins?.....Tyrod has to play like this every week and that consistency has been missing his entire career.

What I'm saying....Tampa Saints and Colts are the only games I can see them winning outside of the 3 vs Dolphins and Jets.

They can easily lose at Miami. And easily lose 1 or even all 3 of those other games. It's not going to happen that way.

So like I said at worst 5-11.....at best 8-8 unless Tyrod keeps up what he did yesterday.

Maybe I shouldn't have said I'll be conservative here.

Edited by Big Blitz

New York Jets W

@ Carolina Panthers L

Denver Broncos W

@ Atlanta Falcons

@ Cincinnati Bengals

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oakland Raiders

@ New York Jets

New Orlean Saints

@ San Diego Chargers

@ Kansas City Chiefs

New England Patriots

Indianapolis Colts

Miami Dolphins

@ New England Patriots

@ Miami Dolphins

You do realize that this win was a gimme by the football gods and some stupidity by the Denver coaches and QB.

That fake punt in their own side of the field. The two times the Denver QB chucked the ball up for grabs instead of throwing it away. A tipped pass in the end zone by a Bills player usually results in an INT and not a TD catch by another Bills player.

A Buffalo run-first team that only managed 2.3 yards per rush! McCoy 14 carries for 21 yards a 1.5 YPC avg. This was the second week the Bills run game was shut down.

The reality is more like 9 wins max and 7 at worst. This team needs to fix their run game and block better on the line.

You do realize that this win was a gimme by the football gods and some stupidity by the Denver coaches and QB.

That fake punt in their own side of the field. The two times the Denver QB chucked the ball up for grabs instead of throwing it away. A tipped pass in the end zone by a Bills player usually results in an INT and not a TD catch by another Bills player.

A Buffalo run-first team that only managed 2.3 yards per rush! McCoy 14 carries for 21 yards a 1.5 YPC avg. This was the second week the Bills run game was shut down.

The reality is more like 9 wins max and 7 at worst. This team needs to fix their run game and block better on the line.

you do realize this is just your opinion, right?

Just a week ago -

It's time to see what Peterman can do

This coaching staff ( Dennison ) is horrible

We have the worst WR's in the NFL

OL zone blocking blah blah blah

Amazing what one win can do

Welcome to September hope as a Bills fan...

We will see what the gremlins of December bring...

i thought we'd beat carolina but lose to den and atl pre season. after the car game i actually thought we'd have a better shot at beating atl than denver. i didn't think we'd beat either just that atl was the better shot. we can get our run game going vs them and with good defense we have a shot. keep the score under 40 points total and we have a shot.

I don't see many 'gimme' wins on there. A lot of the supposedly bad teams are pretty close, imo. Hell, the Bengals were looking like the worst team in the league, then turned around and (edit: almost) beat the Packers. The Colts all of a sudden have a QB, apparently. The Jets are about the only team that seems like a 'sure' win, but even when it's a 'sure thing' the Bills have a history of messing it up.

Just going to take it a week at a time, personally.

Edited by Dorkington

I don't see many 'gimme' wins on there. A lot of the supposedly bad teams are pretty close, imo. Hell, the Bengals were looking like the worst team in the league, then turned around and beat the Packers. The Colts all of a sudden have a QB, apparently. The Jets are about the only team that seems like a 'sure' win, but even when it's a 'sure thing' the Bills have a history of messing it up.

Just going to take it a week at a time, personally.

bengals lost in ot.

Pretty funny how one win (at home against a team that was due for a clunker) makes people actually think we can win 11 or 12 games. If they get blown out against the Falcons, these predictions will go back to 5 or 6. Can we just take it one game at a time and enjoy the fact that they aren't beating themselves and there seems to actually be hope for the future.

Pretty funny how one win (at home against a team that was due for a clunker) makes people actually think we can win 11 or 12 games. If they get blown out against the Falcons, these predictions will go back to 5 or 6. Can we just take it one game at a time and enjoy the fact that they aren't beating themselves and there seems to actually be hope for the future.

I don't think it's funny at all. I picked 10 wins at the beginning of the season and although the carolina game made me question my prediction, even setting my optimism back some, they played well on all 3 phases of the game yesterday.

do I think they'll win 11-12 games? it's likely they wont but they do have a chance to win 10?

what I find funny are those that want to crash the party on monday morning trying to discredit the win by saying the opponent was due for a clunker.

a 2-1 start is pretty decent especially when the two wins are division/conference wins. I do not see them being blown out in atlanta. I wont say they win or lose but certainly not blown out, the defense will see to that. even if they did lose it's a non conference game that wont really hurt their position later for a possible wild card?

early yet but this looks good to me: http://www.nfl.com/standings

The run games an issue.

Awful, considering how great it was. Don't fix things that aren't broken!

In the first game against the NY Jets, the Bills had 190 rushing yards on 42 rushing attempts 4.5 yards per carry average. Against the Panthers, the BIlls ran for 77 yards on 28 attempts a 2.8 YPC average. It got worse against Denver with the best RB in the league held to 1.5 YPC avg. It sure looks broken to me!

This team is set up to be a run-first team that needs to run to win games to help set up the passing game and keeps the defense off the field.

Like I said, this team can't rely on the opponent turning the ball over three times due to stupidity every game. Those three turnovers were huge for the Bills.

8.5 underdogs against the Falcons in Atlanta seems about right.

I think 9-7 is possible. To do any better than that the Bills have to continue to make progress with their offense (getting more out of Zay Jones and McCoy), and he incredibly lucky regarding injuries. Perhaps a lucky break or two, or a huge play.They dont seem to have the depth to overcome an injury to a key player. A mid-season trade doesn't seem to be on their agenda but could be significant step, even if a short-term (and inexpensive) rental.

New York Jets

@ Carolina Panthers

Denver Broncos

@ Atlanta Falcons

@ Cincinnati Bengals

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oakland Raiders

@ New York Jets

New Orlean Saints

@ San Diego Chargers

@ Kansas City Chiefs

New England Patriots

Indianapolis Colts

Miami Dolphins

@ New England Patriots

@ Miami Dolphins

I wouldn't put much stock into what is happening to other teams we play right now just like it's still too early to know whether the Bills are going to have a chance at the playoffs or be a 6-10 type of team.

Both the Raiders and Bucs are going to be very tough games to win at home despite how they looked on the road yesterday.

Still don't see us beating the Pats other than playing one game close like we always do.

Also there are always games every playoff type contender loses even when they are expected to win. (i.e. don't be surprised if we blow a games in CIncy and/or NY Jets).

How many optimistic starts have we had during the drought? Quite a few. It's 3 games. A great start indeed and have definitely exceeded expectations at the fan and media level. But it's early. A bad loss in Atlanta and many will be calling for Peterman again and how we should have never traded Sammy. Let's hope they keep it up.

In the first game against the NY Jets, the Bills had 190 rushing yards on 42 rushing attempts 4.5 yards per carry average. Against the Panthers, the BIlls ran for 77 yards on 28 attempts a 2.8 YPC average. It got worse against Denver with the best RB in the league held to 1.5 YPC avg. It sure looks broken to me!

This team is set up to be a run-first team that needs to run to win games to help set up the passing game and keeps the defense off the field.

Like I said, this team can't rely on the opponent turning the ball over three times due to stupidity every game. Those three turnovers were huge for the Bills.

8.5 underdogs against the Falcons in Atlanta seems about right.

It's not broken at all. This team ran up against the best two run defenses in the league the last two games. I bet you wont see 1.5 ypc again. I expect close to 180 yards rushing against the Falcons next weekend.