Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL owners, CEOs respond to president's remarks

President Donald Trump, while speaking at a political rally Friday, said NFL fans should boycott games and team owners should fire players who fail to stand for the national anthem prior to games.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith both released statements early Saturday responding to the president's comments. The players are expected to respond in displays of unity on Sunday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports.

On Saturday and Sunday, NFL owners and CEOs responded as well, releasing statements disagreeing with President Trump's remarks.

I'm sure it was all business, ya ya. It's a lot of work trying to tear apart the American health care system

Kiss

As opposed to letting it sink and crash on it's own. The system is unsustainable. Healthcare is a disaster now and nobody seems to have a clue how to do it right. And that's on everybody.

To about 40% of the country, yes. For the rest of us white supremacists are the worst of our country. If someone kneeling during the anthem if as offensive to you as white supremacy we're coming from two completely worlds.

Here's part of the real problem. Huge leaps of logical fallacies. 40% of the country are not white supremacist and/or sympathizers.

Just like 50-60% are not all whiny snowflakes who can't function in society and need their safe space just because they lean left or hold any sort of left opinion.

Real people are more nuanced and complicated than your logical fallacies and "us vs them" attitude.

Sunday used to be a day i could relax with a beer and leave the constant bombardment of political idealogues and virtue signaling to the rest of the week. Not so anymore.

Many of us are just tired of it, left or right. You dont have to get it, some of us just dont want to live 24/7 in the world of divisive tribal politics. This is why people are tuning out and finding other things to do with their sundays instead of being force fed politics on their sundays.

I get it, its fine now for you because you agree with the message, but there may come a day when you too wish to harken back to the days of a sunday game with a beer and fans all around you, where for one day no ones political views mattered and we all just got along, got drunk, and cheered for our favorite team.

How many weekends does Trump go away? Presidents take vacations and go home weekends etc. And we pay for those. Because it's the president.

Not the time, the cost and burden on locations. Bush vacay'd at his ranch. Trump to his properties. Obama dropped $85 million on vacations and virtually shut down Matha's Vineyard and large areas of Hawaii each tine. A perk of being pres to be sure but not great optics. $85 mil is a lot of coin.

I presume that by and large the NFL owners are at least moderately intelligent. They have bought into a false narrative initially created by a person who disrespected our country's traditions, quit his (high paying) job, and now is claiming racism for his own stupidity. He tried to somehow confuse respecting our country with the fact that some black people got shot by the police. Now he is saying that he won't kneel again. Why not? With that aside, why are the supposed intelligent owners going along with the horseshit that cries out for the Michael Browns of this world, but stays silent over the many murders of children and teenagers in Chicago?

Edited by grinreaper

Not the time, the cost and burden on locations. Bush vacay'd at his ranch. Trump to his properties. Obama dropped $85 million on vacations and virtually shut down Matha's Vineyard and large areas of Hawaii each tine. A perk of being pres to be sure but not great optics. $85 mil is a lot of coin.

Give me the numbers on the other presidents you mention. Or are you making things up here?

I have no problem with some taxes going to presidents taking vacations. I do have a problem with hypocrisy and thinking it's only OK for presidents you happen to like.

Is he really arguing that people at home stand for the anthem??? What??? I've never seen that happen, not once.

Again, no . I must have missed something in a post I responded to around 2 AM or so. I do not, nor do I believe that many if any fans stand for the anthem at home or in bars etc while watching on TV. I was referring only to fans in the stadium , and referenced the stadium announcer saying " please rise to honor America" ... . If my point was misconstrued because of a word or two I overlooked in a post, I apologize for that. Just wanted to clear this up once and for all.

They won't get it if it's truly bipartisan. This polarization attitude needs to stop.

There is bipartisanship:

Dems champion the poor, yet become some of the richest people in the world and move far far away.

Repubs say they're going to put an end to it, but become the biggest corrupt spenders in DC.

Only a fool or a coward would believe in the fairy tale that people in charge will give up power freely and hurt themselves to help their people.

Complain about healthcare and police brutality, right before drinking yourself to death and getting into fist fights at a football game.

People would be much better off if they invested this energy into their families or learning a skill or even a hobby.

that's exactly what they're doing, which is their right, but yeah, they are disrespecting the flag and country

Exactly! If they are not trying to do that, why do they choose the movement when fans are asked to " please rise to honor America to stage their silly protest? Just what are they doing there? They are making a divisive political statement about their opinion on America. Why don't fans bring signs and banners to the game just for the anthem, stating their opinions on things they don't like about our country real or perceived? Great idea , right? Let's turn a fun ballgame into a giant pi$$ing match of opinions. How about say halftime, when fans are taking a leak? Or better yet, on their own time on a street corner somewhere? Kraft is right about sports unifying and politics dividing. Why did players decide to make things about politics at the start of a football game? Trump didn't do that, the players did.

Here's part of the real problem. Huge leaps of logical fallacies. 40% of the country are not white supremacist and/or sympathizers.

I didn't say that. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit? What I said, and it's true, is that about 40% of Americans are equally (or more) offended by players kneeling for the anthem as they are by literal white supremacists marching in America. The way many people talk about it you'd think they are equivalent. I couldn't disagree with that more.

Like he's a poster child for the Police Benevolence Association.

:-/

I'll go with Cops over thugs and criminals , since that's what the choice has become. If a few indivisuals per annum ( out of millions of interactions) can't follow instructions and tragedy results, it's really on them. Taking away Cops ability to use deadly physical force to protect oneself and / or others would be a pretty bad idea. It would be a boon to criminals everywhere though. Pretty neat, huh?