Offensive pass interference....please explain.

The offensive pass interference call on our guy that cost us a first down inside the 20.....in my opinion, that was not pass interference. The ball wasn't even in the air when those two guys banged into each other. They collided, the db fell on his butt, and a couple seconds later Tyrod escaped the pocket and threw the ball to #18. First down.

Is it pass interference if the ball hasn't been thrown? If not, is it illegal contact if our guy knocks their guy on his butt....which was beyond the legal 5 yards to make contact....is our guy not allowed to jostle the defender if they engage?

I think it was a bad call. Did it cost us the game? We'll never know. Jones could have made the catch, but it would have been an amazing catch.

I just googled Offensive Pass Interference, and this is what the rule says: Offensive pass interference rules apply from the time the ball is snapped until the ball is touched. See Article 2 for prohibited acts while the ball is in the air and Article 4 for prohibited acts prior to the pass.

So, if our guy knocked their guy over, it's a good call. It it was mutual contact, it is not.

From where the ref was positioned who made the call it sure looked like it. I don't think it should have been called. The db cut off Holmes route. That's not his fault. The ref saw the arms and the db fall back. So he called it. But at that point of the game it was weak.

The non facemask call was just as bad IMO

it was PI, however it is how "Physical" Receivers like Brown, Jones, Bryant etc. get seperattion and they are allowed to do it because they are superstars.

It's difficult for new Bills to learn how the rules apply to us and not other teams.

The refs did not cost us todays game but same old same old we can't expect any breaks.

Looked to me like the DB wasn't allowing the receiver to run his route and got run into.

I will give the DB props for the fantastic dive though, cause he wasn't pushed.

Bingo. He was touched slightly, but that was one superb acting job, not offensive PI.

The offensive pass interference call on our guy that cost us a first down inside the 20.....in my opinion, that was not pass interference. The ball wasn't even in the air when those two guys banged into each other. They collided, the db fell on his butt, and a couple seconds later Tyrod escaped the pocket and threw the ball to #18. First down.

Is it pass interference if the ball hasn't been thrown? If not, is it illegal contact if our guy knocks their guy on his butt....which was beyond the legal 5 yards to make contact....is our guy not allowed to jostle the defender if they engage?

I think it was a bad call. Did it cost us the game? We'll never know. Jones could have made the catch, but it would have been an amazing catch.

Ehh...it's Andre Holmes....if it's Antonio Brown or Grnok, nothing gets called.

Gronk pushed off Bradham so badly once that Bradham went 5 yards back and he caught the ball and nothing was called...Bills always get the non-benefit of the doubt on calls...gotta earn them and we haven't

Ehh...it's Andre Holmes....if it's Antonio Brown or Grnok, nothing gets called.

Gronk pushed off Bradham so badly once that Bradham went 5 yards back and he caught the ball and nothing was called...Bills always get the non-benefit of the doubt on calls...gotta earn them and we haven't

A lot of other teams/players get those calls too...

It's not the world against the Buffalo Bills you know...

I've watched it 20 times. How can anyone say Holmes extended his arms??? Not even close. It was mutual contact and the DB flopped. That play happens a dozen times in a game and never gets called, especially in the final minute! Awful call. Should have been 1st and 10 at the 20 with 53 seconds left.

It's not, but there is no doubt we are on the bad end of more questionable calls than we receive.

Have to start winning games, and winning games that matter to turn that around.

All the bad that happens to this team is on them, the franchise etc, no one else.

Edited by T-Bomb

He definitely extended his arm in a pushoff that created the necessary separation against the DB. Easy and correct call.

They ran into each other, I saw no push off by Holmes.

If it was so obvious, why did it take the official 10 minutes to throw the flag on that play?

So.........when the O plays like crap for 55 minutes and can't muster a TD and a PI call at the end of the game on the final drive is what cost us the game, is all you're worried about, then it looks to me like we may have a bigger issue here.

Aye Carumba.