Brian Cushing Suspended 10 Games for PEDs

Big C

Yes because the size of JJ Watts megamind sized cranium does not scream PED use. (sarcasm off)

I'm thinking that only the idiots get caught. It's quite naive to not believe PED use is an epidemic in pro football. Guys just keep getting bigger and faster every year. It's gotten ridiculous. We also seem to see more non contact injuries than I ever remember as well.

I'm thinking that only the idiots get caught. It's quite naive to not believe PED use is an epidemic in pro football. Guys just keep getting bigger and faster every year. It's gotten ridiculous. We also seem to see more non contact injuries than I ever remember as well.

Watt is more of a man-made beast than Sosa, McGuire or Bonds ever dreamed of being. I'd be shocked if he made it the full season. They have two choices - stop juicing and become normal human beings; or keep juicing and let your body deteriorate. Exhibit A - Tiger Woods.

Watt is more of a man-made beast than Sosa, McGuire or Bonds ever dreamed of being. I'd be shocked if he made it the full season. They have two choices - stop juicing and become normal human beings; or keep juicing and let your body deteriorate. Exhibit A - Tiger Woods.

I fought the idea of tiger and peds for a while but can't any longer. At this point any time anyone does anything amazing I automatically assume peds. It sucks to think thay way but does anyone really think usain bolt is clean for example?

I dunno, he doesn't look the type.

Laron Landry and Shawn Merriman don't think so either!

briancushingbeforeandaftersteroids.jpg

One NFL general manager indicated that Brian Cushing's PED use is not a new development. "We did our research on him before the draft last year and we concluded he was a chronic steroid user dating back to high school. More than a few people were surprised when he passed the steroid tests at the combine. I think the guy became a pro at masking it, until he was caught. I definitely would have taken my vote back on that award if I had one." There may not have been a more privately and publicly rumored steroid user than Cushing before any NFL Draft.

I fought the idea of tiger and peds for a while but can't any longer. At this point any time anyone does anything amazing I automatically assume peds. It sucks to think thay way but does anyone really think usain bolt is clean for example?

I fought it for a long time, too. Just like I fought boxing being fixed. And I agree ... whenever someone is a lot better than the vast majority of his/her competition, it's the first place my mind goes to wonder. Nadal? Federer? the Williams sisters? Stanton? (I still say "no," with all of them - but the thought has crossed my mind.)

Don't stop there, get Kuechly too. Before Sunday, please.

Keep dreaming lol, Kuechly runs on 100 percent sexy not roids

I don't buy Watt on roids either... he seems like a strong farm boy who grew up into another sexy man beast.

In other news water is wet... surprised Matthews hasnt popped dirty yet either. Gained 37 lbs of muscle in 12 months at USC.

he was working out with Cushing. maybe it's just a coincidence! :doh:

bodybuilders would LOVE to get those kinds of gains. you can't without juicing. it's 100% not possible. after you have been lifting weights for a while you plateau and you are lucky to gain a couple of pounds of muscle PER YEAR. 37 means he was juicing

And I'll keep harping on this. Does anyone else see the the striking correlation between prevalence of CTE in players since the steroid era? Why wasn't this as big an issue for players who played in 50s & 60s?

I fought it for a long time, too. Just like I fought boxing being fixed. And I agree ... whenever someone is a lot better than the vast majority of his/her competition, it's the first place my mind goes to wonder. Nadal? Federer? the Williams sisters? Stanton? (I still say "no," with all of them - but the thought has crossed my mind.)

I never fought the idea of boxing being fixed. I'm just a little younger than you but I thought growing up it was just well known. Tennis is interesting and until you mentioned it I never really put PEDs in the sport but Serena I could certainly see, she is built like a tank!

Since your a huge baseball fan I'll bring up a conversation I had with my sister. She argues that Arod taking roids was bad for him because it ruined his legacy. I say it was good for him because it helped him earn a half billion dollars. Cushing and other guys may not have ever sniffed the NFL or their big contracts if not for steroids/peds. They made the trade of reputation for money, reputation for fame, etc... I make that trade 7 days out of 7. They can take away Lance's 7 tour de frances but none of his sponsorship money that he earned along the way. I completely see why guys do it.

I wanted to add one more thought to this thread as well. I have felt for a few years now that Boston has a balco type lab that supplies all of their sports teams. It is another one of those things that really stand out when all of your professional teams excel within a 10 year period. I admit to being jaded and well also hating every Boston sports team but it seems to perfect that Brady can play as long as he has, Ortiz is a known juicer (although for some reason people don't really care, etc..., and they win championships at a historic rate. At some point I fully believe Boston will be revealed to have a ped lab that supplied a lot of guys.

I never fought the idea of boxing being fixed. I'm just a little younger than you but I thought growing up it was just well known. Tennis is interesting and until you mentioned it I never really put PEDs in the sport but Serena I could certainly see, she is built like a tank!

Since your a huge baseball fan I'll bring up a conversation I had with my sister. She argues that Arod taking roids was bad for him because it ruined his legacy. I say it was good for him because it helped him earn a half billion dollars. Cushing and other guys may not have ever sniffed the NFL or their big contracts if not for steroids/peds. They made the trade of reputation for money, reputation for fame, etc... I make that trade 7 days out of 7. They can take away Lance's 7 tour de frances but none of his sponsorship money that he earned along the way. I completely see why guys do it.

My biggest problem with Alex Rodriguez, and other supremely talented baseball players who still used, is the record books.

He, Bonds and Manny Ramirez were three of the most talented hitters the game had ever seen. And they would have been the best without using, IMO. I know steroid use in baseball was widespread for many years and it's an "era" of the game.

But how can anyone be okay with 61 not being the single season home run record anymore? I'm not okay with it.

I'm not okay with Barry Bonds holding the all-time walks record. Rickey Henderson made drawing a walk an ART FORM. That was his record and it is a shame that it no longer belongs to him.

I don't care about World Series championships or team records. But those individual records that were "beaten" by these guys ... that's what bothers me most.

I'm actually softening on my stance on whether these guys belong in the HOF. They are the greatest of their era, and their era was the Steroid Era.

If anything, if they could (it will never happen) separate the individual records between pre and post Steroid Era, that would make me happy.

My biggest problem with Alex Rodriguez, and other supremely talented baseball players who still used, is the record books.

He, Bonds and Manny Ramirez were three of the most talented hitters the game had ever seen. And they would have been the best without using, IMO. I know steroid use in baseball was widespread for many years and it's an "era" of the game.

But how can anyone be okay with 61 not being the single season home run record anymore? I'm not okay with it.

I'm not okay with Barry Bonds holding the all-time walks record. Rickey Henderson made drawing a walk an ART FORM. That was his record and it is a shame that it no longer belongs to him.

I don't care about World Series championships or team records. But those individual records that were "beaten" by these guys ... that's what bothers me most.

I'm actually softening on my stance on whether these guys belong in the HOF. They are the greatest of their era, and their era was the Steroid Era.

If anything, if they could (it will never happen) separate the individual records between pre and post Steroid Era, that would make me happy.

I'm OK with them getting a plaque on a wall in Cooperstown, but not a bust.

Same thing with Urhlacher next year and Watt. Nothing for Clay M or Kuechly, and certainly nothing for Cushing.

I agree with that but do you also separate out the dead ball era or the aphetamine era?

She is much more a purist than I am when it comes to records which is why she is so upset. It doesn't matter to me because I think anyone that cares enough about those records know who the true record holders are. I completely buy Barry doing it because of the attention McGwire and Sosa were getting. Those were 2 subpar guys that cashed out on peds among many others. Brady Anderson hit 50 freaking home runs.

Barry was a hofer before peds/steroids and I think guys like that should go in. I have a bigger problem with Ortiz than Barry but it gets to be nitpicking. They should just have a separate wing for the steroid era because they were also facing pitchers who were juicing. It was a black mark on the history of baseball but the sport is littered with them; blacksox, color barrier, Pete Rose betting (overblown imo), greenies, steroids, hgh. Who knows what Maris was doing when he had his out of nowhere season. At this point for me it is just another thing that happened in sports but I'm not a purist and 755/61/.406 are still my gold standards for wow! performances

I'm OK with them getting a plaque on a wall in Cooperstown, but not a bust.

Same thing with Urhlacher next year and Watt. Nothing for Clay M or Kuechly, and certainly nothing for Cushing.

I never ever considered this, but I like it.

I agree with that but do you also separate out the dead ball era or the aphetamine era?

She is much more a purist than I am when it comes to records which is why she is so upset. It doesn't matter to me because I think anyone that cares enough about those records know who the true record holders are. I completely buy Barry doing it because of the attention McGwire and Sosa were getting. Those were 2 subpar guys that cashed out on peds among many others. Brady Anderson hit 50 freaking home runs.

Barry was a hofer before peds/steroids and I think guys like that should go in. I have a bigger problem with Ortiz than Barry but it gets to be nitpicking. They should just have a separate wing for the steroid era because they were also facing pitchers who were juicing. It was a black mark on the history of baseball but the sport is littered with them; blacksox, color barrier, Pete Rose betting (overblown imo), greenies, steroids, hgh. Who knows what Maris was doing when he had his out of nowhere season. At this point for me it is just another thing that happened in sports but I'm not a purist and 755/61/.406 are still my gold standards for wow! performances

I've considered other eras, too. But I really think steroids had a bigger impact on the game than anything before them. Other than that, I agree with everything else you said. An entirely separate area for the steroid era would be the only way I'd cave and be okay with Bonds and Rodriguez getting in.

And yes ... I still stick to the old standards and always will.

Now the big question is .... is Stanton a user?

And I'll keep harping on this. Does anyone else see the the striking correlation between prevalence of CTE in players since the steroid era? Why wasn't this as big an issue for players who played in 50s & 60s?

Because they're all walking around in circles talking to themselves and eating scrambled eggs through a straw?