Does Rick's offense really utilize "burner" WRs?

BILLiever55

I've never seen a fanbase go so nuts because we lost one guy on a poor unit. He didn't fit us that well but we were not trying to get rid of him.

The scheme needs to be adjusted to emphasize the player's strengths, not the other way around. This Bills team needs to be able to stretch the field.

this. We need a 2md te more than anything

jeez you guys worry to much about Schemes. Every offense has vertical deep threat throws. it doesn't matter if its west coast, north coast, south coast or east coast. If the guy gets open deep you throw it.

we have deep threats on this team. Zay jones, and Charles Clay to name two. They actually threw the ball deep to Mathews once. People need to get open and a QB needs to see it.

the only issue on this offense is the guy pulling the trigger. He doesn't see the field well at all.

If the WRs can get separation against man coverage it doesn't matter if they are "burners." From what we are reading right now all-22 is showing that the guys are not getting open in man coverage (other than Shady).

I fear this is going to be exposed in a major way starting this week in Carolina.

Better defenses are going to shut down McCoy and the running game and invite Taylor to make a play against them. The problem is though he can't as demonstrated throughout the last few years. And in his defense though this is the worse group of WR's he's had since being in Buffalo which also doesn't bode well for him.

jeez you guys worry to much about Schemes. Every offense has vertical deep threat throws. it doesn't matter if its west coast, north coast, south coast or east coast. If the guy gets open deep you throw it.

we have deep threats on this team. Zay jones, and Charles Clay to name two. They actually threw the ball deep to Mathews once. People need to get open and a QB needs to see it.

the only issue on this offense is the guy pulling the trigger. He doesn't see the field well at all.

FWIW, that deep throw to Matthews was there if Tyrod threw it to the back-shoulder.

Come to think of it, I don't remember a Bills' QB throwing a back-shoulder stop-route anytime in the last 5 years.

Kaelin Clay can go deep.

John, you think everyone can go deep.

FWIW, that deep throw to Matthews was there if Tyrod threw it to the back-shoulder.

Come to think of it, I don't remember a Bills' QB throwing a back-shoulder stop-route anytime in the last 5 years.

Peterman in the preseason :w00t:

I agree I havent seen it either. Matthews has the frame for that and enough speed to threaten enough over the top that it would be there when ever you want. Same goes with Zay. I dont expect the chemistry needed for that throw to be there with Matthews. To a lesser extent same goes with Jones. Much of the offseason and preseason he role was not definded until a few a weeks ago.