These next 3 games will tell us who the real Bills are

SaviorPeterman

It was great to take care of business and beat a team that many expect to land the #1 overall pick in next years draft. But the next three weeks will essentially determine this teams fate for the rest of the season.

On paper the Bills should lose against the Panthers, Broncos and Falcons which would translate into a 1-3 record. But thankfully the games aren't played on paper.

And as of right now I still think the Panthers and Falcons are guaranteed losses by default since they both road games against vastly superior teams and QB's. Denver looked pretty good last night but it was at home and I don't think Simian is anywhere close to the type of QB's Newton and Ryan are.

Still thinking 2-2 is best case which would ensure the season isn't lost by Halloween, but if we do lose all 3 then it's time to start thinking about the bills own chances of landing the #1 overall pick next year.

What is so vastly superior about the Panthers? Have you watched Newton over the past 17 games he's played?

They are 2 years removed from one of the most dominating seasons ever that resulted in a SB appearance. That team from 2015 was very 90 Bills like especially how they dominated the NFC playoffs.

Yes Newton isn't 100% but he don't need to be with defense the Panthers had and nobody can argue their week 1 performance was much more impressive considering they won by 20 points on the road against a team on the same level of the Jets, if not better than them.

We can keep this game close if we go after Newton and he struggles but actually winning is a different story.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

Well let's put it this way- we won a game we were "supposed to win". And that's a good sign. Didn't look like world beaters in the process, but we'll def take that "W".

That's more of a statement on seasons past, however. How many "should wins" did we drop over the years? A lot.

So I would agree, we will definitely have a better feel at the quarter pole of the season.

They are 2 years removed from one of the most dominating seasons ever that resulted in a SB appearance. That team from 2015 was very 90 Bills like especially how they dominated the NFC playoffs.

Yes Newton isn't 100% but he don't need to be with defense the Panthers had and nobody can argue their week 1 performance was much more impressive considering they won by 20 points on the road against a team on the same level of the Jets, if not better than them.

We can keep this game close if we go after Newton and he struggles but actually winning is a different story.

And they're one year removed from 6-10 and a terrible offense, production-wise. Look, I'm not saying it's a gimmie for us, but they aren't a vastly superior roster. If anything, they are strikingly similar.

Panthers are not a great team, but Vegas thinks they beat the Bills without much trouble. That means it should be a good test for the Bills as a next step after winning a game they were supposed to win. The Broncos and Falcons are both good teams even if Trevor Semien is not a franchise QB. Buffalo is going to be a huge underdog in both games. I never say never when it coms to winning games in the NFL, it would be a miracle if Buffalo comes through that stretch at 4-0. I would be pretty happy with 2-2 at that point.

The Broncos and Falcons are both good teams even if Trevor Semien is not a franchise QB. Buffalo is going to be a huge underdog in both games.

Are you serious? You think the Bills will be "huge underdogs" at home against the Broncos?? The Bills will probably be favored by a point or two. At worst, pick 'em.

And they're one year removed from 6-10 and a terrible offense, production-wise. Look, I'm not saying it's a gimmie for us, but they aren't a vastly superior roster. If anything, they are strikingly similar.

I don't think the Panthers are close to that 2015 roster unless Newton returns to that form. But still think they are far more talented across the board compared to the Bills roster which is to be expected since they really aren't in or close to a full blown rebuild like the Bills.

Vegas nailed the Bills/Jets in week one with a 9 point spread and they will likely be close in this one too. I don't think the Bills lose in a blowout but the Panthers should be a TD better at home which should be close to the margin of victory.

1 - 3 heading for a top 5 pick

2 - 2 heading for another mediocre year, with a 'there's technically a chance' in November/December

3 - 1 heading for another mediocre year, with a 'there's technically a chance' all the way up to week 17, but still miss

4 - 0 heading to 12 straight losses after we get way too full of ourselves about breaking the drought

At least that's my take ;)

Sure you can. Both of the Panther's TD's were off of turnovers which resulted in short fields. Other than that, they got three field goals, granted those were all off longer drives.

The Bills also out gained the Jets by a more significant margin than the Panthers did the 49ers. The Panthers gained 287 yards at 4.6 yards per play while the Bills gained 408 at 5.7.

You can bash the Jets all you want, but they still have two premier DL, and some other interesting talent on their D in Lee, Davis, and Adams.

The 49ers also had 10 penalties for 74 yards. If Sunday was any indication, the Bills might finally be moving away from shooting themselves in the foot.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Panthers won by 2 TD's, but I am expecting a tight game. They need another big game from Shady.

Sure you can. Both of the Panther's TD's were off of turnovers which resulted in short fields. Other than that, they got three field goals, granted those were all off longer drives.

The Bills also out gained the Jets by a more significant margin than the Panthers did the 49ers. The Panthers gained 287 yards at 4.6 yards per play while the Bills gained 408 at 5.7.

You can bash the Jets all you want, but they still have two premier DL, and some other interesting talent on their D in Lee, Davis, and Adams.

The 49ers also had 10 penalties for 74 yards. If Sunday was any indication, the Bills might finally be moving away from shooting themselves in the foot.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Panthers won by 2 TD's, but I am expecting a tight game. They need another big game from Shady.

It will not be a shootout on either side i don't think. I am fully expecting this game to come down to the wire and be decided by a touchdown.

I don't think the Panthers are close to that 2015 roster unless Newton returns to that form. But still think they are far more talented across the board compared to the Bills roster which is to be expected since they really aren't in or close to a full blown rebuild like the Bills.

Vegas nailed the Bills/Jets in week one with a 9 point spread and they will likely be close in this one too. I don't think the Bills lose in a blowout but the Panthers should be a TD better at home which should be close to the margin of victory.

I dunno why they aren't... they were 6-10 a year ago, and we were 7-9. We lost some players from that 7-9 team sure - but i don't know why everyone thinks there's 0 chance we win. Any given sunday.

It was great to take care of business and beat a team that many expect to land the #1 overall pick in next years draft. But the next three weeks will essentially determine this teams fate for the rest of the season.

On paper the Bills should lose against the Panthers, Broncos and Falcons which would translate into a 1-3 record. But thankfully the games aren't played on paper.

And as of right now I still think the Panthers and Falcons are guaranteed losses by default since they both road games against vastly superior teams and QB's. Denver looked pretty good last night but it was at home and I don't think Simian is anywhere close to the type of QB's Newton and Ryan are.

Still thinking 2-2 is best case which would ensure the season isn't lost by Halloween, but if we do lose all 3 then it's time to start thinking about the bills own chances of landing the #1 overall pick next year.

What's the vast superiority of a 6-10 team?

I used to laugh at the thought, but with elite college teams getting more intense and NFL teams completely falling to pieces, could a top college team at home beat the Jets?

No way. The Jets would smash any college team. There is a world of difference between college and NFL. Most players on college teams could not even play in the CFL. Then you have the complex defenses and offenses in the NFL.

Sounds like there's a agenda at play?Ol SaviorPeterman

Edited by Buffaloflash

Don't agree that we are huge underdogs in all 3. I see this week and Denver as toss up games. If we beat Carolina we will be a small favourite against Denver if we lose to Carolina we will be a small underdog.

We could be anything from 3-1 to 1-3 after 4 to my mind. I'd be shocked if we beat Atlanta but who knows?

I love the implication that if you have a superior QB you win. Almost like he didn't watch the patriots, Saints or Bengals in week 1.

The Bengals do not have a superior Quarterback to the Ravens. They have an inferior one.

What is so vastly superior about the Panthers? Have you watched Newton over the past 17 games he's played?

Nothing. Just another noob starting a thread. 'Hey! Look at me! I'm new and I can type! -sort of..'

Panthers '15 Season was like the Bills SB teams? Really? Who was there Thurman? Reed? Lofton? Hull? Wolford/Ballard/Ritcher? Did they repeat?

yeeesh.

I used to laugh at the thought, but with elite college teams getting more intense and NFL teams completely falling to pieces, could a top college team at home beat the Jets?

This is the most laughable, lazy topic on sports talk radio.

No way in hell, without question.