Joe Banyard

Wayne Arnold

MG cut by Arizona too. Banyard will be fine. I don't understand why Bills fans aren't rooting for him instead of trying to tear him down? He looked really good in the preseason. I'm pretty sure the coaches know more than we do and want him on the team for a reason.

We always want

what we can't have

Edited by Heitz

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im confused, was not overpaying for a backup RB that hasnt done all that much mean the difference between missing and making the playoffs? Got nothing against Gillislee, but if people think hes worth that kinda cash to watch most of the game from the bench, then we really have problems here.

Edited by bigduke6

blah. Mike G. was too much for a backup RB. Money to be spent elsewhere. If Shady gets hurt, I think we will find another RB out there who can step in (D. Williams?).

How well he fares could... could have just a bit to do with how well our offensive line plays.

Enter Karlos.

Enter TD Mike.

Enter Rattlesnake Joe.

It's all gravy.

I totally forgot about Karlos. He did zilch after leaving Buffalo.

"We were able to let Mike Gillislee go because of J Williams." Just another lie they feed us. Wait till the Jets shred this team.

The Jets defense could and will give us fits, but their offense will not shred our D, far from it, in fact.

GPA?

ROI

We always want

what we can't have

even when what we have

is not what we need

but familiar

You can't always get what you waaant

NoYou can't always get what you waaant

But if you try sometimes

you get what you need

Lets give Joe a little love can we ?

No reason not to really.

I think Banyard's run style suits the zone blocking scheme better, he has a good jump cut and vision.

this is the score on him. fits well with O line scheme.

does not matter how i felt about Mike Karlos, or Jonathan. Joe is our guy now !

Edited by 3rdand12

I like Gillisee as a player, but I don't buy the notion that Buffalo is weaker at RB without him. I saw nothing from Banyard in preseason that suggested he can't do for Buffalo what Gillislee did, and much to suggest he can and will. I also like that in Tolbert and Taiwan Jones, Buffalo has diversity in that they are completely different running backs. Their different characteristics and skill sets will allow the Bills to do different things than they could when depending on Shady and Gillislee and not much else.

blah. Mike G. was too much for a backup RB. Money to be spent elsewhere. If Shady gets hurt, I think we will find another RB out there who can step in (D. Williams?).

I totally forgot about Karlos. He did zilch after leaving Buffalo.

Deangelo Williams??? He's been a has-been for three years, but I get the point that if the OL is very good and there is sufficient passing threat, then there are a lot of RBs that might be reasonably productive. A lot of ifs there, though.

I dont think the issue was ever not resigning TD Mike, the issue was not putting a higher round tender on him. Should have learned from the lesson the year before with Hogan.

To your point on Banyard, reminds me a lot of TD Mike. But he has to show he can hold onto the ball.

Spot on point and again proves Whaley needed to go. His mismanagement of picks, caps and inability to put appropriate tenders on certain players were all fireable offenses!!!

I'm all for giving Joe a chance and imo...RBs are done a dozen anyways. That said, Whaley should've given him a higher tender.

I dont think the issue was ever not resigning TD Mike, the issue was not putting a higher round tender on him. Should have learned from the lesson the year before with Hogan.

To your point on Banyard, reminds me a lot of TD Mike. But he has to show he can hold onto the ball.

they should've put a higher tender on hogan, but if backup RBs are a dime a dozen, why put the higher price tag that no one would've taken? As Whaley said, they got R5 pick for a guy they took off the street...

Just read a post saying the Bills should've retained Gillislee because Joe Banyard stinks and doesn't compare to him.

But why?

Before he signed to the Bills' practice squad in 2015 Gillislee had rushed for a grand total of 21 yards in his first 2.5 seasons in the NFL. He was cut from the Dolphins then released from the Cardinals' practice squad after a month.

Gillislee is like many professional running backs out there - he's a guy who can do some good things when he's given an opportunity. Hence the term 'dime-a-dozen'.

So now Banyard is getting his opportunity with the Bills. Why can't Banyard do what Gillislee did? Even though he's 28 he has little-to-no wear-and-tear on his body. Roughly the same height and weight as Gillislee. Banyard ran a 4.46 40 at the combine years ago compared to Gillislee's 4.57.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-A5APPj-GM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnw-9Cmi_jk

Because TD Mike is better and was a proven score machine at the time they whiffed on TD Mike. Also no one ever heard of Mr Banyard as he was not on Bills radar or roster.

This argument you profess here would be like I should have never purchased that Saturn rocket as I should have waited and purchased a Shuttle when they built them many years later.

Because TD Mike is better and was a proven score machine at the time they whiffed on TD Mike. Also no one ever heard of Mr Banyard as he was not on Bills radar or roster.

This argument you profess here would be like I should have never purchased that Saturn rocket as I should have waited and purchased a Shuttle when they built them many years later.

what does that first sentence even mean? We know mike is better because he had one good season? Gillislee capitalized on an opportunity. It's something that happens in the NFL. Banyard has yet to have his opportunity. This is his chance (unless McD gives Tolbert all the backup touches.). If Banyard gets his chance, I think he does just fine. He might not get a 4 million dollar contract, but I don't think I'll be upset with his play. One cut, go.

what does that first sentence even mean? We know mike is better because he had one good season? Gillislee capitalized on an opportunity. It's something that happens in the NFL. Banyard has yet to have his opportunity. This is his chance (unless McD gives Tolbert all the backup touches.). If Banyard gets his chance, I think he does just fine. He might not get a 4 million dollar contract, but I don't think I'll be upset with his play. One cut, go.

??

first sentence means:

TD Mike is better and was a proven score machine at the time they whiffed on TD Mike. Also no one ever heard of Mr Banyard as he was not on Bills radar or roster.

Banyard did not exist on Bills until this year. The OP is trying to compare the two when TD Mike was let go before anyone even knew Banyard existed.

??

first sentence means:

TD Mike is better and was a proven score machine at the time they whiffed on TD Mike. Also no one ever heard of Mr Banyard as he was not on Bills radar or roster.

Banyard did not exist on Bills until this year. The OP is trying to compare the two when TD Mike was let go before anyone even knew Banyard existed.

I can't tell which is more awful - your first post, or this post badly attempting to explain your first post.

I can't tell which is more awful - your first post, or this post badly attempting to explain your first post.

Ok let me try to speak easier for you.

Comparing TD Mike being let go because Banyard could do the same is not valid as Banyard did not exist at the time TD Mike was let go.

Edited by cba fan

Ok let me try to speak easier for you.

Comparing TD Mike being let go because Banyard could do the same is not valid as Banyard did not exist at the time TD Mike was let go.

But JWill was and they thought he'd replace MG. And then JB beat him out.

Edited by Doc

Barnyard is a cast off from the Jacksonville Jags, give me a break. A left over from a team even worse than Buffalo just what we need. When Shady blows a hamstring, which he will, you Banyard backers will be eating a scizzzz sandwich.

So essentially nothing would have changed if they'd kept MG. Seeing as how he's strictly a backup RB.

So essentially nothing would have changed if they'd kept MG. Seeing as how he's strictly a backup RB.

Yep. Gillslee was a "cast-off" from the Dolphins and Cardinals.

MG is proven and an explosive player. Banyard is a big slow less talented castoff from the Jags.

Banyard is faster than Gillislee.