Joe Banyard

Wayne Arnold

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Banyard was cut by Jags. Enough said and case closed.

LOL...really? That's your best argument? You might want to reopen this case because it's one of the weakest points I've read.

Well, why did a team as bad as the Jags, who were 31st and 21st the two years Gillisee out of the league....not reach out to Gillisee where they clearly needed help?

I'm assuming you think Ryan Davis sucks too.

Gillisee was cut by the Dolphins and was out of the NFL for 2 years before the Bills picked him up....he had zero TD's before coming to Buffalo.

MG cut by Arizona too. Banyard will be fine. I don't understand why Bills fans aren't rooting for him instead of trying to tear him down? He looked really good in the preseason. I'm pretty sure the coaches know more than we do and want him on the team for a reason. Edited by YoloinOhio

MG cut by Arizona too. Banyard will be fine. I don't understand why Bills fans aren't rooting for him instead of trying to tear him down? He looked really good in the preseason. I'm pretty sure the coaches know more than we do and want him on the team for a reason.

It's because they don't want to get over the loss of Gillisee so they'll trash his replacement.

Gillisee averaged 6 carries a game last season....6

"We were able to let Mike Gillislee go because of J Williams." Just another lie they feed us. Wait till the Jets shred this team.

Do you have an actual quote of Bean, McWrestler, or anyone at OBD saying this? I'd be very interested if so.

To the best of my knowledge, the idea that Gillislee was expendable because of Jon Williams was a fan-based or media-driven conclusion

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

It's because they don't want to get over the loss of Gillisee so they'll trash his replacement.

Gillisee averaged 6 carries a game last season....6

its ridiculous to me. Totally ok to trash a Bills player but if its a non-Bill then you must only say nice things. Wth board am i on anyway? At least let the guy play before deciding he sucks just because the Bills didn't cut him. He's on our team. That means we root for him to succeed. He's finally getting his chance just like Fred, Karlos, and MG before him. Sorry just a pet peeve of mine.

Do you have an actual quote of Bean, McWrestler, or anyone at OBD saying this?

To the best of my knowledge, the idea that Gillislee was expendable because of Jon Williams was a fan-based or media-driven conclusion

Don't stop jambalaya, he's on a roll. It's best just to let him finish.

MG cut by Arizona too. Banyard will be fine. I don't understand why Bills fans aren't rooting for him instead of trying to tear him down? He looked really good in the preseason. I'm pretty sure the coaches know more than we do and want him on the team for a reason.

Because there is a contingency on this board of posters who are so sore about the decisions that Beane/McD made surrounding Watkins, Jwill, Darby, Ragland that any players that came about from those moves will automatically be seen as not up to par with what was already here.

The Bills have filled the backup RB position the past 4 years without any problem. This year will be no different.

Oh and anyone thinking that if Shady went down that MG could have taken over, keep dreaming. He's not a #1 RB.

Just read a post saying the Bills should've retained Gillislee because Joe Banyard stinks and doesn't compare to him.

But why?

Before he signed to the Bills' practice squad in 2015 Gillislee had rushed for a grand total of 21 yards in his first 2.5 seasons in the NFL. He was cut from the Dolphins then released from the Cardinals' practice squad after a month.

Gillislee is like many professional running backs out there - he's a guy who can do some good things when he's given an opportunity. Hence the term 'dime-a-dozen'.

So now Banyard is getting his opportunity with the Bills. Why can't Banyard do what Gillislee did? Even though he's 28 he has little-to-no wear-and-tear on his body. Roughly the same height and weight as Gillislee. Banyard ran a 4.46 40 at the combine years ago compared to Gillislee's 4.57.

]

If you remember, it was the same last year, with a certain segment around here moaning about the loss of Karlos, and who was this Gillislee guy and the Bills running game was doomed if Shady got nicked. I believe Tolbert and Junkyard will pick up where MG left off. In any case, I will let them play a game or two before I lose my mind.

If you remember, it was the same last year, with a certain segment around here moaning about the loss of Karlos, and who was this Gillislee guy and the Bills running game was doomed if Shady got nicked. I believe Tolbert and Junkyard will pick up where MG left off. In any case, I will let them play a game or two before I lose my mind.

Its Barnyard not Junkyard.

Yes this is absolutely right.