Sell Out?

When NFL owners voted on Monday to lift the league's blackout policy for the 2015 season, the measure passed, but it didn't pass unanimously. The decision to suspend blackouts came after NFL owners voted in favor of it 31-1.

The league blackout policy has been suspended on a year-to-year basis since 2015.

Edited by ALF

Is the opener a sell-out? Will it be shown on local TV?

I'll actually be in Buffalo this weekend, so my Sunday Ticket won't come in to play.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. :beer:

Last I saw there were 3K yesterday.

Sunday Ticket.... Do you have the DTV app? Watch recorded shows from a mobile device.

That is the most nansy pansy post I've read anywhere. Ever. Stop being afraid of life.

I prefer not to be in the vicinity of vomit and drunken fools. Most people are responsible but every year the proportion of ragamuffins increases.

So you happen to be in town on home opener weekend and...you want to watch on TV?

To avoid paying 100 for the ticket. 30 for parking. 10 each for 3 or 4 watereddown beers and 7 for a stale piece of pizza when I can a large pizza and twenty wings at santoras for 30 and can pay 6 bucks for a premium six pack and watch them lose on tv. Absolutely not going to the opener. My entertaiment dollar went to U2 tuesday and I had a great time. Didnt walk out of the stadium all pissed off that night.

Wow when was the last time the home opener didn't sell out

Or a Jests game any time in the season. Jests games (and Giants games when the Bills play them) always sell out because 1)so many downstate fans travel to see the games here because tix are easier to get ... and cheaper; 2) there are so many downstate transplants in the area; 3) there are so many downstate college students around.

It says a lot about what both Jests and Bills fans think of their respective teams.

I prefer not to be in the vicinity of vomit and drunken fools. Most people are responsible but every year the proportion of ragamuffins increases.

Typical social construction created and exacerbated by social media pics and print media hype. This is how stereotypes start. I was just talked to guys in our STH group and we were remarking how calm it seemed last year. I honestly can't think of one bad episode. Outside of spots in the endzone and higher and corner upper decks, it's a pretty good experience. If you can get a ticket that is from a STH, odds are the crowd around you will be great. And if you're a boring and self-righteous ah-hole, stay in your cul-de-sac man cave you have because you hate your wife and she won't let you outside anyway.

This is simply untrue.

The security and police presence has significantly increased over the years. Each season has been calmer than the last for at least the last 10 years.

"The Bills averaged three arrests and 57 ejections per game last season, both record lows for the franchise according to statistics provided later Tuesday by the team. Both figures are significantly lower than highs of 25 arrests per game in 2010 and 134 ejections per game in 2011."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/200646/bills-cite-record-low-fan-arrests-ejections-despite-viral-videos

Typical social construction created and exacerbated by social media pics and print media hype. This is how stereotypes start. I was just talked to guys in our STH group and we were remarking how calm it seemed last year. I honestly can't think of one bad episode. Outside of spots in the endzone and higher and corner upper decks, it's a pretty good experience. If you can get a ticket that is from a STH, odds are the crowd around you will be great. And if you're a boring and self-righteous ah-hole, stay in your cul-de-sac man cave you have because you hate your wife and she won't let you outside anyway.

Such a mature response. You insult the guys wife over something so stupid. Grow up.

Then don't sit in the clubs.

I took my ten year old to the carolina game when EJ was starter and sat next to some ahole who was dropping f bombs every twenty seconds. You can run into a jackbag anywhere in that stadium

Such a mature response. You insult the guys wife over something so stupid. Grow up.

I took my ten year old to the carolina game when EJ was starter and sat next to some ahole who was dropping f bombs every twenty seconds. You can run into a jackbag anywhere in that stadium

The family sections 224 - 227 have just the loveliest seats.

To avoid paying 100 for the ticket. 30 for parking. 10 each for 3 or 4 watereddown beers and 7 for a stale piece of pizza when I can a large pizza and twenty wings at santoras for 30 and can pay 6 bucks for a premium six pack and watch them lose on tv. Absolutely not going to the opener. My entertaiment dollar went to U2 tuesday and I had a great time. Didnt walk out of the stadium all pissed off that night.

You do make a valid point. After 18 years I dropped my season tickets this year but....I did get tickets to the opener. My son & I are going so $220 for the tickers($110 each), $30 for the parking pass, another $50 for my share of the tailgate, another $40 inside the stadium on concessions & your talking a $300 day to see the 2 worst teams in football. On the bright side it is going to be a beautiful day & our tailgate should have about 15-20 people so I am looking forward to that.

This is simply untrue.

The security and police presence has significantly increased over the years. Each season has been calmer than the last for at least the last 10 years.

"The Bills averaged three arrests and 57 ejections per game last season, both record lows for the franchise according to statistics provided later Tuesday by the team. Both figures are significantly lower than highs of 25 arrests per game in 2010 and 134 ejections per game in 2011."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/200646/bills-cite-record-low-fan-arrests-ejections-despite-viral-videos

Everything you said is true.

That said, I think the "calm" has killed it for me. For a few years now, you can't even stand up. They only let you stand if you are "celebrating a big play", but then you have to quickly return to your seats. Makes me feel like a kid in the auditorium in elementary school when you constantly get bothered by the security to "sit down".

Everything you said is true.

That said, I think the "calm" has killed it for me. For a few years now, you can't even stand up. They only let you stand if you are "celebrating a big play", but then you have to quickly return to your seats. Makes me feel like a kid in the auditorium in elementary school when you constantly get bothered by the security to "sit down".

It's 'conditioning' for the eventual billion-dollar boondoggle downtown Pegula Palace.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a cleaner, safer stadium experience, but I wholeheartedly agree with you, it is definitely getting a little too 'sterile' for my tastes.

This is how they want it to be, inside and outside of the stadium, when the new building comes with jacked up ticket prices. They're gonna want to filter more people pregame into the stadium and out of the parking lots so they can recoup their building costs. Yes, it makes business sense, but what keeps me going back to the NErF is the couple hours pre and post game, eating, enjoying a beverage and busting chops with the tailgate crew.

A downtown building will change everything, and that's just the way it is.

It's 'conditioning' for the eventual billion-dollar boondoggle downtown Pegula Palace.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a cleaner, safer stadium experience, but I wholeheartedly agree with you, it is definitely getting a little too 'sterile' for my tastes.

This is how they want it to be, inside and outside of the stadium, when the new building comes with jacked up ticket prices. They're gonna want to filter more people pregame into the stadium and out of the parking lots so they can recoup their building costs. Yes, it makes business sense, but what keeps me going back to the NErF is the couple hours pre and post game, eating, enjoying a beverage and busting chops with the tailgate crew.

A downtown building will change everything, and that's just the way it is.

That's a fair assessment. The fact is the in stadium experience is giving way to the home experience because of it. If I'm going to be forced to sit relatively quietly, don't swear much, and don't stand, all while sitting on a horrendous metal bench; I would rather watch at home on my couch, with better food, better beer, and I didn't have to drive my 12mpg truck 90 miles and spend 300 bucks. And I can talk all the **** I want, as loud as I want, even if it's directed at the tv...

The benefit of going to the stadium used to be the party, atmosphere, and hostility towards visiting fans/players. It's certainly not to get a better view (lets be frank, there are alot of bad seats at the Ralph). I didn't even notice how crappy the benches were because I was rarely using them.

Not trying to complain, but from my perspective it's just kind of uncomfortable and boring. You can keep the fantasy tickers, luxury boxes, 4 jumbotrons, and thought police; I wish I could still have a good time.

Is the opener a sell-out? Will it be shown on local TV?

I'll actually be in Buffalo this weekend, so my Sunday Ticket won't come in to play.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. :beer:

YOUR GOING TO BE IN BUFFALO and YOUR NOT COMING TO THE GAME?

what wrong with you?

AT LEAST COME TO THE TAILGATE PARTY.

Several members have tickets available

That's a fair assessment. The fact is the in stadium experience is giving way to the home experience because of it. If I'm going to be forced to sit relatively quietly, don't swear much, and don't stand, all while sitting on a horrendous metal bench; I would rather watch at home on my couch, with better food, better beer, and I didn't have to drive my 12mpg truck 90 miles and spend 300 bucks. And I can talk all the **** I want, as loud as I want, even if it's directed at the tv...

The benefit of going to the stadium used to be the party, atmosphere, and hostility towards visiting fans/players. It's certainly not to get a better view (lets be frank, there are alot of bad seats at the Ralph). I didn't even notice how crappy the benches were because I was rarely using them.

Not trying to complain, but from my perspective it's just kind of uncomfortable and boring. You can keep the fantasy tickers, luxury boxes, 4 jumbotrons, and thought police; I wish I could still have a good time.

You and I are on the exact same page. But I think it's the combo of mostly meaningless home games plus the policing of the stands that have taken away the home crowd rowdiness/advantage.

The Steelers game last year was buzzing at the opening kick, Lorax picked off Ben on their first posession, crowd went insane, and then we run a three-and-out and punt away. Steelers score, bye-bye 'crowd momentum'. Can't really blame security for that ;)

But yes, I agree that I will also stay home once the experience gets totally watered down.

This is simply untrue.

Last year at the night Jets game, the crowd knocked over some of the barriers at the gate and the barriers almost hit us.....so, things are still risky at the game if the crowd (drunk or not) gets pushy at the gate. No arrests, just hazardous behavior

GTFO! When did that start?

Living in the Philly area, i really don't care if the Iggles are on, so I haven't paid any attention.

No blackouts but the TV area coverage can get really pissy with fans that should be considered locals.

I'm coming in for a family function and won't be available to attend in person. Been to plenty o' home games in my time...

And a) lighten up folks

b) I must be living under a rock or something. how the heck did i miss them lifting the 72 hour blackout rule?

$20 for a dub

$30 for pizza, wings and drinks

$10 for a pack of stoges and rolling paper

Expenses= $60

Going to a game is cool but it can get pricey as a young McFly.

Most of the time id rather watch on tv getting toasted at home eating good food and laughing at some of you melting down on The GDT and Shoutbox.

Maybe he doesn't want to be in the midst of drunkards?

I'm with you JC.

If I wanted to see drunks I'd watch an episode of Cops.

There's a difference from people drinking and idiots getting plastered and causing trouble or puking on you.

Ah the old "70,000 drunk people" hot n spicy take.

It only takes the one who happens to sit behind you.

Look at social media and drunk Bills fans. There plenty of examples out there.

You might even catch the ones having sex in the parking lot with the side door open.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Or a Jests game any time in the season. Jests games (and Giants games when the Bills play them) always sell out because 1)so many downstate fans travel to see the games here because tix are easier to get ... and cheaper; 2) there are so many downstate transplants in the area; 3) there are so many downstate college students around.

It says a lot about what both Jests and Bills fans think of their respective teams.

I think both upstate and downstate are taking the year off. They'll be plenty of seats.