HappyDays

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Back to the actual issue.

DJC8a-ZW4AEES11.jpg

@AdamSchefter

Michael Bennett has retained civil rights attorney John Burris after being assaulted by police in Las Vegas.... http://fb.me/1I4Jewi6v

Posted this at PPP in the Kaepernick anthem thread as a response to KtD's linking of it first.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is a joke right?

A big man who plays a contact sport is whining about being hurt?

He met the description one would clearly understand or believe. He was put to the ground and held at gun point as any possible suspect with a gun would be and he's upset? If the police went up to him nicely would he have complied?

When you're detained it is not the time to plead to be let go or say I did nothing wrong. A case of great example is Adolphus Washington.

How was he profiled? Give me a break and tell this baby to go get a bottle.

Perhaps he was targeted because he matched the gunman's ID and not just because he was black? I'm so tired of the go-to "it was because I'm black" bull ****. If the report is a blackman was firing a gun, why would an officer go after an asian, mexican, or white guy?

This is a joke right?

A big man who plays a contact sport is whining about being hurt?

He met the description one would clearly understand or believe. He was put to the ground and held at gun point as any possible suspect with a gun would be and he's upset? If the police went up to him nicely would he have complied?

When you're detained it is not the time to plead to be let go or say I did nothing wrong. A case of great example is Adolphus Washington.

How was he profiled? Give me a break and tell this baby to go get a bottle.

Pretty sure he's whining about his rights being violated.

This thread should be locked immediately because your post belongs somewhere far, far away from 2017.

I'm sure the truth of what happened will be somewhere in the middle as always. I doubt it went down exactly as he claims. Ironic that this fits his cause so well and we are just hearing about it now. If it really happened like that then the cops should be punished but I'm skeptical

So just tell every black guy to get on the ground?

Apparently.

Perhaps he was targeted because he matched the gunman's ID and not just because he was black? I'm so tired of the go-to "it was because I'm black" bull ****. If the report is a blackman was firing a gun, why would an officer go after an asian, mexican, or white guy?

Do you know if the report was that the gunman was black, or are you just pumping out misinformed speculation?

I am OK with his complaint, but he ruins it by comparing himself to actual criminals who were killed while breaking the law. Please note I am NOT saying all the people he mentioned by name were criminals, at least some were not. My point is he does himself no favors by naming others in that way.

I am OK with his complaint, but he ruins it by comparing himself to actual criminals who were killed while breaking the law. Please note I am NOT saying all the people he mentioned by name were criminals, at least some were not. My point is he does himself no favors by naming others in that way.

He can't name famous instances of recent cases in which the police used excessive force that resulted in death? Why is that?

Apparently.

Do you know if the report was that the gunman was black, or are you just pumping out misinformed speculation?

Well pumping out information that he was told to do so just because he was black is all speculation as well. The truth is we do not know at this point, but hey lets jump to conclusions to suit a narrative

He can't name famous instances of recent cases in which the police used excessive force that resulted in death? Why is that?

Not all the cases he referred to are clearly acts of excessive force. Why cloud his situation by bringing in other incidents. Some of those people he brought up were actually breaking the law. If Bennett's case is strong enough to stand on its own, then he should let it.

I'm sure the truth of what happened will be somewhere in the middle as always. I doubt it went down exactly as he claims. Ironic that this fits his cause so well and we are just hearing about it now. If it really happened like that then the cops should be punished but I'm skeptical

Definitely a lot more facts need to come out and the police will give their side of the story. Even if just some of it is true it is a clear civil rights violation. But who knows.

Well pumping out information that he was told to do so just because he was black is all speculation as well. The truth is we do not know at this point, but hey lets jump to conclusions to suit a narrative

Why do you automatically assume "there was a description of the [black] suspect"?

Why do you automatically assume "there was a description of the [black] suspect"?

I don't assume they did, I said I would guess they did. Odds are he wasn't the only black guy in the crowd, but more to my point of is we do not know yet and to let things come out first.

My experience is police don't just detain and handcuff people at gun point based soley on their color. Others may have other experiences, hence why I said it is my guess.

I am willing to let both people state their cases before drawing any conclusions.

Do you know what perhaps means?

As I read it, "perhaps" referred to the reason Bennett was detained and you were stating as a fact that the suspect was black. At any rate, you were apparently making an assumption unwarranted by the known facts.

Kaepernick weighs in.

@Kaepernick7

This violation that happened against my Brother Michael Bennett is disgusting and unjust. I stand with Michael and I stand with the people.

Once Kaep realizes his football career is over (if it is), I am guessing he'll run for office or at least go on the paid speaking tour.

I think you need a course in reading comprehension and/ior be intellectually honest that you made a mistake.

Wrong

Were the cops detaining every black person or was he the only one? Im sure he wasnt the only black person in the crowd. Maybe they were targeting large people and since he is large they got him. Uh oh, they must be sizest.

More baseless assumptions...