Michael Bennett suing Las Vegas police department

HappyDays

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and you're in North Carolina? What a surprise!

what does this mean, babe?

So when is the last time you were put in handcuffs and laying on the ground when a PO came over to you and threatened to blow your head off? And of course you are NOT black i presume....

2003 and 2004. And while I am not black I identify as black and call myself Tiffany

PS. I'm not lying about the first part. But hey, cool

"I don't believe Bennett or the police, but I'm not ruling out what either says. I haven't seen a statement from the LVPD. I give Bennett and the police the same benefit of the doubt - I entertain what they claim and then compare it against the facts that come to light.

The only evidence so far I am aware of is the video. Let's wait until some more comes forward."

That was my post before you accused me of giving Bennett the benefit of the doubt, but not the police. Reading helps.

Not yet. Going to when I get home. Going off what I have read so far and will add the video to my opinion as soon as I can watch it.

that's ok. I have no idea who John bohnam is and still hope he keeps rocking. Was he in skid row?

He was black, That's the profile.

he got the description of the shooter? ****, OJ must be pissed, he got civil rights violated

Goodnight thread, I enjoyed you. 3 days from the opener and I'm going to behave now

Edited by Boyst62

that's ok. I have no idea who John bohnam is and still hope he keeps rocking. Was he in skid row?

too much willie and not enough rock n roll I see. skid row, you are a young fella, aren't you?

John Henry Bonham 31 May 1948 – 25 September 1980

I wasn't knocking willie, or you for that matter. hell, I like a little classic country myself.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

If this story wasn't told by Michael Bennett, I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say it wasn't embellished. I understand African Americans are unduly target by the police, but when it happens to someone on record for being vocally against the police, I'm skeptical it was as bad as he says it was.

he saw the officers and started running and jumped over a wall to evade them and the officer catches up and tells him to get on the ground. oh no, the injustice!

the moral of the story is don't run from the police

Hey! I did that once! After the backup guys trapped us, he asked "what did you run for?" (In fairness, his first words yelled our way were "don't run!") He did not appreciate my friend responding "what did you chase us for?" All we were doing was shooting BB guns at some cans in a field. But it did get me my first ride in a police car all the way to the Big House and a night at home without TV.

I guess maybe that's not quite the same...

he saw the officers and started running and jumped over a wall to evade them and the officer catches up and tells him to get on the ground. oh no, the injustice!

the moral of the story is don't run from the police

I just watched the police report of this account. Let's hear Bennett explain why he ran away. Let's hear him rebut what the LVPD reported.

But a note of caution, Bennett. You may want to lay low before you answer these questions. This is Vegas. You can't hail a cab without a camera watching you. If he ran from the police, you can bet there's video.

Edited by LABillzFan

It's sad that if he's not honest about what took place, he loses personal credibility and, more importantly, some people will use that to downplay his cause. No idea what the case is here, but it has the potential to backfire to some degree.

I just watched the police report of this account. Let's hear Bennett explain why he ran away. Let's hear him rebut what the LVPD reported.

But a note of caution, Bennett. You may want to lay low before you answer these questions. This is Vegas. You can't hail a cab without a camera watching you. If he ran from the police, you can bet there's video.

In his account of it, he said "They told us to get out and everybody ran."

Who knows the truth of it now.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Who knows the truth of it now.

The cameras know.

You know Vegas better than most. Cameras are pretty much everywhere. I'll be surprised if they don't find video from within the building when he first started to run.

You may not believe this, but I genuinely hope that the videos prove Bennett out. There is a lot to gain if he's honest but a schittload more to lose if he's not.

The cameras know.

You know Vegas better than most. Cameras are pretty much everywhere. I'll be surprised if they don't find video from within the building when he first started to run.

You may not believe this, but I genuinely hope that the videos prove Bennett out. There is a lot to gain if he's honest but a schittload more to lose if he's not.

Yup. There are cameras everywhere. I haven't really looked into exactly where this happened, but it seems highly unlikely that this hasn't been captured almost completely somewhere. Or pieced together from a couple good sources.

I have no personal opinion of Bennett whatsoever. I have no idea in fact if he is considered a good or bad guy, a boy scout or troublemaker, 33 or 13 on his wonderlic, a malcontent or the nicest guy you'll ever meet. No clue.

Just seems weird he would make that up, like you said, in Vegas, the day before the major fight when you can't find a room anywhere, the week before the season is starting. THAT would be strange brew.

It's a little off topic but we were talking about this a few days ago here. It's INSANE how many black people in Los Angeles still think OJ was innocent. Despite what we all know. And it's simply because so many have experienced or so many know someone who has been framed or abused by the cops so they think that is what may have happened here. So despite ALL evidence to the contrary, that's what they believe. Smart people. This isn't fake. This crap happens ALL the time. That's where it comes from and it's undeniable.

If told to do something by police , comply. Very simple. Then everything can be figured out.

I don't care if you are orange, green, blue, pink, black, or white. Comply.

Just my 2 cents.

Can't have no police.

The big thing that I can not understand is why it seems like all these people don't stand up against all the gang violence that is taking place in all the cities. A hell of a lot more people are killed by gangs shooting people just sitting in their house or kids walking on the streets. Lawlessness is good for no one.

Can't we just respect one another?

I'm sure the truth of what happened will be somewhere in the middle as always. I doubt it went down exactly as he claims. Ironic that this fits his cause so well and we are just hearing about it now. If it really happened like that then the cops should be punished but I'm skeptical

This sounds about right.