Michael Bennett suing Las Vegas police department

HappyDays

Of course! iPhones are just so small and weak.

Why would anybody discriminate against anything being sent from an iPhone using Tapatalk. And what do they have against Tapatalk. They are just trying to make life easier for the iPhone user. Pick on that big guy instead!

Awesome!!!

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.....from what I get from the regulars here.....

Almost everything the government does is wrong...except when it comes to police and black men.....

This coming from the person convinced that only the government can take care of the people fairly, and you must trust the government with all things because you can't trust yourself let alone the people around you.

I suspect your only problem with the federal government is it doesn't behave more like Antifa.

This coming from the person convinced that only the government can take care of the people fairly, and you must trust the government with all things because you can't trust yourself let alone the people around you.

I suspect your only problem with the federal government is it doesn't behave more like Antifa.

But he's a Republican...

A sane society would destroy dangerous people who care only about themselves. Criminals get to play king. Everyone else has to clean up the mess. Criminals get to do whatever they want. We have to live in the prison.

The police protect criminals more than society. If the police were not there, criminals would be gone, because they are exhausting, people are already tired of them, and people would kill them.

Not too long ago, great societies that lasted longer than America had laws regarding this very thing. They didn't legalize shooting criminals. They punished you if you didn't shoot and beat criminals enough!

I now see why this board has a designated PPP forum. Who the hell wants to be a cop when you have people you're trying to protect on a daily basis with a mindset like this?

Makes sense, but to your second point - having to take the word of the police , with the advent of body cams, has shown to be problematic. To your third point - Agreed, but it seems like that is a difficult thing to do.

Well, the difference between saying "don't move or I'll shoot" and " don't move or I'll blow your f***ing head off " is the F bomb. Having to take the word of either the suspect or the police can be equally problematic. It is not that difficult to charge and prosecute if it is warranted. Take the Castile case. The ( former) Officer was charged and went to court. He was found not guilty by a jury of his peers. I guess many don't pay attention to what happens after the media frenzy dies down. I saw the dashcam video of the Castile shooting, I'm not sure if it was ever made public. My opinion after viewing it was that the shooting was justified. Personally, I would have fired one round at the guy's hand , not multiple shots. The officer swore multiple times afterward. Perhaps he wasn't cut out to be a cop, but a reasonable person would have feared that the suspect was reaching for a weapon because he already said that he was carrying one. It's easy to Monday morning QB these things. If Bennett was on the ground cuffed and moved, he's not really a threat. If he's standing against a wall and makes a move that's a different story. The fact is as a Cop they are dealing with a lot of the biggest a$$**s in the world. An active shooter situation isn't time for pleasantries. It doesn't appear Bennetts rights were violated . He just didn't like what went down. Most wouldn't , but it wasn't because he was black.

Just curious, what rights were violated? The man wasnt arrested. He was temporarily detained pursuant to an easily articulated reasonable suspicion. Once that suspicion was disspelled, he was released without any charges. This is how the system works.

This about sums it up. Perhaps the police should detain no one, because they may not detain the right person. I'd love to see the reaction if they did nothing and several people were subsequently shot and killed.

Incredibly irresponsible presentation by the announcers in the Packers/Seahawks game on Fox.

Just stated on the broadcast that Bennett was "singled out because of his race and was then the victim of excessive force by the Las Vegas police".

Did they make that statment as if it were a fact or were they just saying what Bennett was suing for?

Incredibly irresponsible presentation by the announcers in the Packers/Seahawks game on Fox.

Just stated on the broadcast that Bennett was "singled out because of his race and was then the victim of excessive force by the Las Vegas police".

Did they make that statment as if it were a fact or were they just saying what Bennett was suing for?

It is possible that I misheard the broadcast, but I think they made it as a statement of fact.

That's how Buck made it sound

If a cop ever has a gun on me with the intent of shooting depending on my actions I'd like him to be as clear and descriptive as possible.

And he probably won't be, because he's looking for reactions to his vagueness, to see if you're up to anything.

I've had cops and gang-bangers draw guns on me. The cops were scarier...the thugs were just trying to intimidate and didn't really have a plan, but you could see the cops going through a "shoot/don't shoot" analysis.