Michael Bennett suing Las Vegas police department

HappyDays

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly, I applaud you for leading the fight for logic, all by yourself, against a bunch of mouth-breathers. Rob's House's posts are the epitome of confirmation bias, it's laughable he uses that term in this thread.

The video does not help or hurt either side's account. It doesn't change anything. It still may or may not have happened. Rob: the fact that a video does NOT depict Bennett's story does NOT mean that IT DIDN'T HAPPEN and it certainly doesn't mean that he is LYING, which is what the OP is claiming.

He may well be lying, he may well have fabricated it all, but we don't know that any better today than we did two weeks ago.

I'm starting to realize why you alt-right knuckleheads on this board (and in society, generally) mistakenly think you're the majority: because you're all so insufferable that everyone else has just stopped engaging with you. This place is full of the same stupid set of opinions shouted snarkily among the same group of jackholes, over and over again. You're just hearing your own cracked takes echoed back to you on a feedback loop. America 2017.

The irony is precious

Kelly, I applaud you for leading the fight for logic, all by yourself, against a bunch of mouth-breathers. Rob's House's posts are the epitome of confirmation bias, it's laughable he uses that term in this thread.

The video does not help or hurt either side's account. It doesn't change anything. It still may or may not have happened. Rob: the fact that a video does NOT depict Bennett's story does NOT mean that IT DIDN'T HAPPEN and it certainly doesn't mean that he is LYING, which is what the OP is claiming.

He may well be lying, he may well have fabricated it all, but we don't know that any better today than we did two weeks ago.

I'm starting to realize why you alt-right knuckleheads on this board (and in society, generally) mistakenly think you're the majority: because you're all so insufferable that everyone else has just stopped engaging with you. This place is full of the same stupid set of opinions shouted snarkily among the same group of jackholes, over and over again. You're just hearing your own cracked takes echoed back to you on a feedback loop. America 2017.

It would appear that common sense escapes you. Michael Bennett, when his ordeal was over, offered his hand to the cop for a handshake. Would someone who was treated the way Bennett claimed do that?

Imagine having this little self-awareness.

7 more years.

Edited by jmc12290

The irony is precious

Explain the irony. I am not saying hes telling the truth. Im saying I have no idea. Anyone here who thinks they know what happened is intellectually dishonest.

And this garbage right here is why there can be no tolerance for or conversation with leftists.

Im not a leftist you blithering fool.

Explain the irony. I am not saying hes telling the truth. Im saying I have no idea. Anyone here who thinks they know what happened is intellectually dishonest.

Im not a leftist you blithering fool.

Again:

It would appear that common sense escapes you. Michael Bennett, when his ordeal was over, offered his hand to the cop for a handshake. Would someone who was treated the way Bennett claimed do that?

What do you mean "except a bunch of the last ones?"

You say you are/were against Kapernick's kneel but yet your posts support it in general.

You say there probably wasn't racism against Michael Bennet but you support his racist accusations. At some point you have to choose a side, and it is ok to change sides as more info comes out.

No, I say I'm against it. I don't think they should do it at all. I don't think they should bring their problem with race into the game. But people should have a choice. I'm not going to forbid others.

I don't support Bennetts racist accusations. I said I don't know what happened here when the body cam was off. I don't think he was racially profiled after more information came out. I do think a bunch of the examples people use of police killings as being racist were not racist but were police just doing their jobs. I think it happens but not as often as they accuse, and they use bad examples at time, so it hurts their cause. And I dont think it's systemic, i don't think it's condoned as policy, I just think there are a lot of racists out there and blacks are pulled over, arrested, and jailed a lot more than they should be in general. Which is racist.

Ummm... the cops he thanked for letting him go were not the ones that tackled him.

No, I say I'm against it. I don't think they should do it at all. I don't think they should bring their problem with race into the game. But people should have a choice. I'm not going to forbid others.

I don't support Bennetts racist accusations. I said I don't know what happened here when the body cam was off. I don't think he was racially profiled after more information came out. I do think a bunch of the examples people use of police killings as being racist were not racist but were police just doing their jobs. I think it happens but not as often as they accuse, and they use bad examples at time, so it hurts their cause. And I dont think it's systemic, i don't think it's condoned as policy, I just think there are a lot of racists out there and blacks are pulled over, arrested, and jailed a lot more than they should be in general. Which is racist.

Ummm... the cops he thanked for letting him go were not the ones that tackled him.

Yeah, but the "system" failed him. Not just the cops who tackled him. Gotta read that note bro.

Edited by jmc12290

Again:

Again, they weren't the same guys. The guys that put the gun to his head passed him off to other cops who had him in the car and let him go. He was nicer to them because they were nicer to him. Seems reasonable.

Yeah, but the "system" failed him. Not just the cops who tackled him. Gotta read that note bro.

That means nothing. The system part he alleged, I'm not saying he's right we still don't know either way, still would have failed him despite the fact some of the cops were good to him. You really have trouble with reading comprehension and common sense. System failure does not in any way suggest all parts of the system are failed. That's just stupid logic.

Again, they weren't the same guys. The guys that put the gun to his head passed him off to other cops who had him in the car and let him go. He was nicer to them because they were nicer to him. Seems reasonable.

That means nothing. The system part he alleged, I'm not saying he's right we still don't know either way, still would have failed him despite the fact some of the cops were good to him. You really have trouble with reading comprehension and common sense. System failure does not in any way suggest all parts of the system are failed. That's just stupid logic.

It means that Bennett is a bag of hot air.

"The system failed me (because I was detained for 7 minutes and scared during an active shooter situation)."

Total clown.

It means that Bennett is a bag of hot air.

"The system failed me (because I was detained for 7 minutes and scared during an active shooter situation)."

Total clown.

The video was edited by the police for their PR purposes as well as public knowledge and only showed about one minute what happened to him.

Its inconceivable I guess that they would only show the time that helped their cause. Jesus Christ.

The video was edited by the police for their PR purposes as well as public knowledge and only showed about one minute what happened to him.

Its inconceivable I guess that they would only show the time that helped their cause. Jesus Christ.

Let me be clear KtD. Even if the cops tied his handcuffs a little too tight at first, even if they told him to shut the !@#$ up or he'd be shot, I STILL wouldn't cite it as an example of racial injustice, or liken it to actual other incidents where African Americans lost their lives.

He was yelled at and scared for 7 minutes in a trying time. Boo !@#$ing hoo.

The issue of excessive force is different than the issue of racial profiling. You can have excessive force without racial profiling. I realize Bennett made it about race but in many of these cases the real grievance ought to be excessive force. There is almost never a good reason for a cop to tell a pinned suspect hell blow his head off, regardless of the race of the suspect. If that happened, which we still dont know.

The issue of excessive force is different than the issue of racial profiling. You can have excessive force without racial profiling. I realize Bennett made it about race but in many of these cases the real grievance ought to be excessive force. There is almost never a good reason for a cop to tell a pinned suspect hell blow his head off, regardless of the race of the suspect. If that happened, which we still dont know.

Yep.

Bennett spouted off like an idiot about something he had no idea about and looks silly.

Yep. I don't think it was racial profiling. It may well have been excessive force.

We still don't know the whole story. It seems likely that it was somewhere in the middle of what the two sides originally stated. It seems likely Bennett overly played his hand, exaggerated, AND felt most of what he did.

It also seems it was part opportunitist because his friends were talking about this so he decided consciously to do what he did to bring attention to it. And it's understandable. But that kind of thing doesn't work very often. It further entrenches both sides.

That's mostly conjecture of course.