Positions that could be added to after final cuts

jumbalaya

I can't remember a team with so many spots that could be filled by another teams final cuts to start the season without affecting anything.

Seriously it would not be a reach for Beane to pick up 4 or more players come final countdown.

• QB (3rd string)
  • at least 2 WR slots
  • T
  • Linebacker
  • Safety
  • CB

All of these positions currently have depth players that are marginal at best. If they play for the 3rd round compensatory pick and drop Holmes, Ducasse, and/or Davis, we could well be over 4 new players come next week.

FO will try and churn the bottom of the roster. Would love to add another quality Safety and 1 more quality receiver. Don't think we find a tackle,linebacker or corner that can step in and help immediately. I'm for rolling with 2 QB's on the 53 and one on the practice squad. If we have to play our 3rd string QB for a extended period of time we will be getting a top 5 2018 pick.

The fact that we released Rambo makes me think there

The fact that we have horrible issues on our OL makes me think there

We REALLY need a stretch the field wide out

We definitely need a deep threat. The OL shouldn't be an issue if they just stopped this Vlad Doo Doo Casse non-sense. Safety needs reliable depth for sure.

• QB (3rd string)

Unless somebody cuts a veteran backup that presents an upgrade over Yates, I doubt the Bills pick up a QB. Even if Peterman plays lights out in the preseason finale and grabs the #2 job, there's no reason to cut Yates and replace him with anohter project QB

I can't remember a team with so many spots that could be filled by another teams final cuts to start the season without affecting anything.

Seriously it would not be a reach for Beane to pick up 4 or more players come final countdown.

• QB (3rd string)
  • at least 2 WR slots
  • T
  • Linebacker
  • Safety
  • CB

All of these positions currently have depth players that are marginal at best. If they play for the 3rd round compensatory pick and drop Holmes, Ducasse, and/or Davis, we could well be over 4 new players come next week.

.....wouldn't it have to be one with PS eligibility?.....if Peterman continues to progress, would you expose him on PS, assuming TT and Yates are on final 53?......sure he'd have to be poached to an active 53, but who knows what happens?....the kid they brought in with Dennison familiarity from Ball State has PS eligibility, but not much else...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Unless somebody cuts a veteran backup that presents an upgrade over Yates, I doubt the Bills pick up a QB. Even if Peterman plays lights out in the preseason finale and grabs the #2 job, there's no reason to cut Yates and replace him with anohter project QB

Is Wenning still eligible for the practice squad? Is it possible that Wenning isn't terrible on Thursday? If so, I have a plan. Cut Yates and Wenning after Thursday. Re-sign Wenning to the practice squad. Go with TT as the #1 and Peterman as the #2 into the season.

Of course, if Wenning stinks it up on Thursday, then never mind.

Edited by Gray Beard

Is Wenner still eligible for the practice squad? Is it possible that Wenner isn't terrible on Thursday? If so, I have a plan. Cut Yates and Wenner after Thursday. Re-sign Wenner to the practice squad. Go with TT as the #1 and Peterman as the #2 into the season.

Of course, if Wenner stinks it up on Thursday, then never mind.

...yes he is and I agree with your thinking.....Wenning I believe it is......he's from the MAC as was Big Ben and Gradkowski.....maybe.

Unless somebody cuts a veteran backup that presents an upgrade over Yates, I doubt the Bills pick up a QB. Even if Peterman plays lights out in the preseason finale and grabs the #2 job, there's no reason to cut Yates and replace him with anohter project QB[/quote

Respectfully- Yates isnt a project qb. He has been in the league 9 years and has no business in the NFL. Cut him and bring a younger guy in that has even a glimpse of potential.

We really dont have problems on our DL....that is actually one of the positions of strength

We better sign some one and cut Davis. I don't care how good he is, we need that 3rd rd pick. Add another WR to replace Holmes too. We aren't competing for anything other than a draft position

• QB (3rd string)
  • at least 2 WR slots
  • T
  • Linebacker
  • Safety
  • CB

I'd say :

OG, OT, LB, S and a deep threat WR.

the new kid will go PS

the new kid will go PS

oh wait, he aint a new kid anymore :doh:

We really dont have problems on our DL....that is actually one of the positions of strength

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/30/eagles-claim-former-bills-defensive-end-jake-metz/

I can't believe Peterman isn't the #2 already.

I can't believe Peterman isn't the #2 already.

I think he can be our starter. Tyrod looks terrible. Trade or cut him. Go with Peterman as the starter, and Yates or Wenning (depending how he plays tom nite) as the back up. I think he will give us the best chance to win. Too painful and frustrating watching TT throw passes that are not catchable.

I think he can be our starter. Tyrod looks terrible. Trade or cut him. Go with Peterman as the starter, and Yates or Wenning (depending how he plays tom nite) as the back up. I think he will give us the best chance to win. Too painful and frustrating watching TT throw passes that are not catchable.

Well, that didn't take long.

-RT would be very high on my list, and RG too if they insist on trying to start Ducasse.

I really don't want to go through another season with Jordan Mills as our starting RT, and I Definitely don't want to go through a season with Vlad Ducasse at RG. Miller or Groy need to step up and take that spot, or they need to try and address it from outside the organization.

-CB would be another position high on my list.

I'm hoping someone can step up and take that CB#2 spot, but as of now I'm not really comfortable with anyone as the #2 yet. Probably best hope is EJ Gaines returning to his rookie year form but I wouldn't be banking on it. So if they can find any upgrades over what's on the roster, I'd love to see it.

Possibly an upgrade at nickel CB too.

-At least 1 WR, maybe 2 (especially if they cut Holmes for the comp pick, but I'm not sure they will. It may very well depend on what type of replacement they can find first).

-Depth at LB, with an eye open for potential upgrades on some of our starting or 2nd string LB's as well (depending on fit and price).

-S depth would be nice. Poyer and Hyde look good as the starters but it'd be nice to have more behind them.

-Any other spot at the bottom of the roster that could be improved. The quality of depth players on this team is an area that is definitely lacking. Injuries happen. Any upgrade at any depth position would be welcome!

Peterman isn't playing in the preseason finale. With Taylor's injury , Peterman is now the de facto starter. He's obviously the #2 ( although with McD you never know). I would imagine they would cut Yates and pick up a third QB, possibly just stick with Wenning.