TJ Yates in Concussion Protocol; Bills may add another QB

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd make for an awkward locker room if they signed Kaep given what Shady said about him last week. Shady is on the mark, tho. Kaep is decent but the amount of baggage he brings with him isn't something an organization wants to deal with when it concerns a guy who's there in a backup role. Free speech is fine, standing up for your beliefs is fine and I was never bothered by Kaep's actions. I do feel he went about it the wrong way, tho. We have free speech and freedom of expression but we aren't free to use our employers as a conduit for the messages we want to send. That said, he has stated that he will not continue his protests on the field and that he plans on engaging in philanthropic efforts and such off the field. When you see guys like Chad Henne and TJ Yates still hanging around, it's difficult to say that Kaep simply isn't "good enough" to play in a backup spot somewhere.

Kaepernick time at OBD! Shady and he will discuss if he's worth the distraction. :rolleyes:

As much as I hate to admit it, the Bills are going to need a distraction from the lack of quality ON the field....and Kaep may be the closest thing available to Tyrods skill set.

...maybe a 2018 1st to Raiders for EJ??.........

A fourth for Cook.

@joebuscaglia

For what it's worth, free agent QB Christian Ponder spent two weeks with #Bills OC Rick Dennison in Denver during the 2015 season.

#two #weeks

Worth a shot Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

This is unreal...............

The Curse lives. those that deny will rue the day

Ha, I shared the stats comparing him to TT. Don't think for a second his name didn't come up today at OBD. Hands down he is the best option out there right now.

yep. somebody has to succumb and the overcome the scrutiny.

Go Bills !

as a 3rd QB right now, with 1 game left he would never take the contract. We would be lucky to sign a UDFA to hope to put him on PS.

If I was Kaepernick I'd never sign here under these circumstances.

gradkowski, hill, than mettrrberger

Bruce is fairly accurate and doesn't play stupid. He'd help the young guys

Bruce Gradkowski would be a fantastic addition. Not a distraction, and as you stated, will help the younger guys. Might even be able to beat out Yates for 3rd string.

Bruce Gradkowski would be a fantastic addition. Not a distraction, and as you stated, will help the younger guys. Might even be able to beat out Yates for 3rd string.

No need to carry a 3rd QB IMO. Just bring in a body to play in the 4th "who cares" preseason game to make it through.

we wouldn't need to keep him, but we could if the numbers fall right on the roster - at least for a time being in to a couple weeks. the jets defense isn't going to be nice to taylor if he is able to start

we wouldn't need to keep him, but we could if the numbers fall right on the roster - at least for a time being in to a couple weeks. the jets defense isn't going to be nice to taylor if he is able to start

Yeah. I think Bruce would be perfect for that duty as an "arm" for the remainder of preseason and someone who could hang on the roster for a few weeks if needed.

Kaepernick time at OBD! Shady and he will discuss if he's worth the distraction. :rolleyes:

With the way our OL is playing Kaepernick wouldn't be able to stand for the national anthem even if he wanted

Its funny, literally no one would want Kaepernick here if he didn't sit for the national anthem. He was good under Harbaugh for two year but hasn't been even half good for years. I would look at Shaun Hill and Josh Freeman or even see if Logan Thomas can take some snaps the last week of preseason if Taylor and Yates aren't long term concussion protocol candidates.