Home games - Stay Downtown or not

I am 100% downtown. Dont know what you mean by small group, but two options we have used for our trips

1) Lofts on Pearl. Two bedroom rooms with full kitchens to make stuff pre tailgate if you like. Two bedrooms are great, but no TV's in the bedroom, and the living room kinda sucks as well. Ony reason really there is to watch some college football when showering etc, but just be aware. We have fit four in these rooms with the two bedrooms, one on the pull oy sofa, and one on an aero bed that we brought. The rooms are freaking huge, could fit 6 guys easily on aero beds if you wanted. They do NOT have rollaways

The location is not perfect if no Sabre game, but with Uber now should be lots easier to get around to Chippeawa, Elmwood Village etc.

2) Embassy Suites. We get the Oversized Executive Corner Suite , again two beds, pull out and you can get a rollaway, and two rollaways if youtake care of the guy bringing em up>>>we usually tip $25 to get the extra rollaway once he brings the first. Right near Chippawa.

Both about the same price, not a ton cheaper than getting two rooms, but kinda fun and brings us a back a bit to our college days!

Edited by plenzmd1

I'm going to the Raiders game for my annual trip back this year. Pretty small group this year. I usually stay at the Marriott in Amherst, but we're toying with the idea of staying downtown. Anyone have personal preferences that they'd like share? Thank you!

Go Bills

Stayed MArriottHArbortown for SFO game last fall A total BLAST GREAT BAR LIVELY!! check out the great new downtown.. . this year staying close to old homestead in SouthTowns . Hampton Inn Hamburg - check it out great $$ location #BillsMafia LeftCoast Chapter

Here is an idea- rent an rv and get the full tailgate experience? If not I would stay downtown- nothing is really far from any place that you pick- Marriot and Hyatt would be a good choice. You can also consider East Aurora- a cozy town with good restaurants/bars right on Main Street and its a quick trip to the stadium- ten minutes.

Lastly- people mention Chippewa- stay away unless your idea of a good time is getting mugged. Hit Elmwood strip or Hertel Ave if staying in the city.

I really hope this helps!

It's not even close - if you can - stay at Pearl Street Lofts - attached to Pearl Street Grill. - your hotel room there is really a two bedroom condo, with full kitchen & fireplace. Cannot be beat, location is ideal.

I can't argue with this.

I will say the Harbor Center Marriott is very nice and isn't a bad choice. Downside is I know it to be pretty pricey for what you're getting.

Here is an idea- rent an rv and get the full tailgate experience? If not I would stay downtown- nothing is really far from any place that you pick- Marriot and Hyatt would be a good choice. You can also consider East Aurora- a cozy town with good restaurants/bars right on Main Street and its a quick trip to the stadium- ten minutes.

Lastly- people mention Chippewa- stay away unless your idea of a good time is getting mugged. Hit Elmwood strip or Hertel Ave if staying in the city.

We are definitely getting an RV one of these years, but my vote hasn't carried enough weight for us to do it yet. This is all extremely helpful. Thank you.

I've never been mugged or gotten into a fight on Chippewa. You must be doing it wrong! But Colter Bay, Elmwood, & Allen Street are much more grown up districts.

And experience the city. Buffalo is finally starting to look like a real city. You can hang out in the burbs any time. Also, since it's fall, ellicottville might be worth the trip for the day.

I've stayed at both the Marriott and Courtyard Harborsode and both are great. Now that Buffalo has Uber it might not even cost a million bucks to get to the game!

I have also RV'd several times at the stadium and nothing beats that experience. The Saturday RV is always super fun and nice, it's just fun to be around the stadium (hit the store, the nearby bars, high five Hammer as he's prepping the lot).

Anyway you look at it, you'll find a good time!!

I'm going to the Raiders game for my annual trip back this year. Pretty small group this year. I usually stay at the Marriott in Amherst, but we're toying with the idea of staying downtown. Anyone have personal preferences that they'd like share? Thank you!

Go Bills

They've got two Marriots right around Harbor Center...one in Harbor Center and the other across the street

I've stayed at both the Marriott and Courtyard Harborsode and both are great. Now that Buffalo has Uber it might not even cost a million bucks to get to the game!

I have also RV'd several times at the stadium and nothing beats that experience. The Saturday RV is always super fun and nice, it's just fun to be around the stadium (hit the store, the nearby bars, high five Hammer as he's prepping the lot).

Anyway you look at it, you'll find a good time!!

Curious about this, is RVing in the lot like a college dorm where you can't get to sleep until 3am due to partying?

Curious about this, is RVing in the lot like a college dorm where you can't get to sleep until 3am due to partying?

The Bills RV lot has never been bad.

The lot opens at 8am, so most people party, cook and eat during the day on Saturday, meaning they're out early to get up and do it all again the next day.

It's a ton of fun to wander on Saturday, drink beer and make new friends! At night most make fires, sit out front and just hang, play cards, whatever. A few have outdoor TVs and watch the college games (and the Sunday late games - good people to know). Don't get me wrong, there are sometimes crews of bros partying, but everyone is mostly pretty respectful :beer:

Would also say the Bills do a good job of letting RVs take up a lot of space too, they don't try to cram a million in - which is funny, because they always sell out for the opener, you have to be there Friday night for the Sat AM gates. Plus as a HUGE bonus there's a "comfort station" with showers and toilet, thank the lord for indoor plumbing cause it's better to not fill up the RV toilet (no #2 on the RV!).

For me the RV thing was a "must do" for a loooong time and it has never disappointed!

Edited by Heitz