Jerry Hughes

YoloinOhio

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The over-reactions around here reach child like proportions. Dust ups occur frequently in camp. Hughes dfiles off the handle for a minute, the coaches trake care of it, and suddenly it's he's getting traded and the GM is compared to a murdering dictator. Hughes from all accounts is abusing guys across from him in camp daily and fits the scheme perfectly.

You people are unbelievable.

How many playoff games with Hughes? How many times has this clown basically sabotaged a game with his hot head? Your not talking JJ Watt talent here.

Bills fans love their personalities, I love wins more.

This season when a man has gone into a hairy spaz for the first 15 yard penalty, GET HIM OFF THE FIELD and let him settle down before the second rains down on the Bills.

Remember these guys are human too. He could have something going on with his wife or family and just showed up to practice in a sour mood. We have all done it, showed up to work like someone pissed in our Cheerios and had to explain it later.

Dammit. Now i want some cheerios. But not because u said there's piss in it.

How many playoff games with... (Fill in the blank)? How many times has this clown basically sabotaged a game with his hot head? Your not talking JJ Watt talent here.

Dont give me that "how many playoff games" BS. Totally illogical, especially for a team who hasnt been there in 17 years.

Name me the games he's single-handedly sabotaged...

Thats not how it works. but your point still stands.

Oh, I've handled and investigated the accounts for several pro athletes and actors and other celebs. yeah, they are taking in this kind of coin into their life.

You've found it differently seeing their bank statements? I'd like to hear this...

Oh, I've handled and investigated the accounts for several pro athletes and actors and other celebs. yeah, they are taking in this kind of coin into their life.

You've found it differently seeing their bank statements? I'd like to hear this...

Football players dont get paid weekly or bi-weekly throughout the year. They get paid after games. Basically 8-10 checks a year, I believe. That's all I was saying. But if you want to measure dicks, sure, I've done mortgages for Jay-Z, Robert DiNero, and plenty of other NY celebrities, but that doesnt have anything to do with what we're talking about so let's just chill out.

I suspect the coaching staff is trying to get a handle on Hughes situation with with bad PF penalties before the actual games start. Something Rex was unable to accomplish. I would think most of us ageee that should be a priority, no?

Not sure what it has to do with Jauron or Chris Kelsay. I don't really remember Jauron getting into it with players.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The over-reactions around here reach child like proportions. Dust ups occur frequently in camp. Hughes dfiles off the handle for a minute, the coaches trake care of it, and suddenly it's he's getting traded and the GM is compared to a murdering dictator. Hughes from all accounts is abusing guys across from him in camp daily and fits the scheme perfectly.

Maybe you didn't get the memo, this is a team now and selfish players are not going to be around long. It's pretty alarming to hear his DC uttering phrases like that. Do you suppose Leslie is the only coach that thinks Jerry acts that way? Or would you suppose that issue has been communicated amongst the staff? Jerry has a long history of doing dumb things on the field these new guys aren't into it.

With his contract I don't think he has a ton of value and I don't expect a trade. I think the major moves are done and they plan on trying to compete with this high school offense.

Football players dont get paid weekly or bi-weekly throughout the year. They get paid after games. Basically 8-10 checks a year, I believe. That's all I was saying. But if you want to measure dicks, sure, I've done mortgages for Jay-Z, Robert DiNero, and plenty of other NY celebrities, but that doesnt have anything to do with what we're talking about so let's just chill out.

Their personal accounts are filled constantly with a large sum of $$$$... some three times a week with the expenditures they love to handle.

So how can you owe $2,500 for a few weeks with to a teammate when you have this kind of liquid cash flow.

You started it baby....

Their personal accounts are filled constantly with a large sum of $$$$... some three times a week with the expenditures they love to handle.

So how can you owe $2,500 for a few weeks with to a teammate when you have this kind of liquid cash flow.

You started it baby....

Not all of them have that cash flow. There are a lot of "Thousand-aires" in the NFL, and they run out of cash during the offseason.

Maybe you didn't get the memo, this is a team now and selfish players are not going to be around long. It's pretty alarming to hear his DC uttering phrases like that. Do you suppose Leslie is the only coach that thinks Jerry acts that way? Or would you suppose that issue has been communicated amongst the staff? Jerry has a long history of doing dumb things on the field these new guys aren't into it.

With his contract I don't think he has a ton of value and I don't expect a trade. I think the major moves are done and they plan on trying to compete with this high school offense.

His contract is actually quite modest for a starting pass rushing DE who flashes elite pass rushing skills. He's very tradeable, although I doubt it happens.

I suspect the coaching staff is trying to get a handle on Hughes situation with with bad PF penalties before the actual games start. Something Rex was unable to accomplish. I would think most of us ageee that should be a priority, no?

Not sure what it has to do with Jauron or Chris Kelsay. I don't really remember Jauron getting into it with players.

It's all about YOU Yolo, all about YOU.

These are all GOOD signs if you look at the history of the Bickering Bills of the 90's. Some of those guys were fighting and bickering on and off the field all the time. But when it came to Sunday, they were kicking a$$ and taking names. IT just shows their getting emotionally invested in the team and they are passionate about playing well. Unless someone pulls a knife or gun (God forbid) I'm not going to worry about something like this.

These are all GOOD signs if you look at the history of the Bickering Bills of the 90's. Some of those guys were fighting and bickering on and off the field all the time. But when it came to Sunday, they were kicking a$$ and taking names. IT just shows their getting emotionally invested in the team and they are passionate about playing well. Unless someone pulls a knife or gun (God forbid) I'm not going to worry about something like this.

Um ... getting in a fight with the starting QB is never a good thing. Save it for the second string TE. Mixing it up with the QB is just ... stupid.

This was my first thought as well. I hate moving on from Sammy but if we are led to believe that maybe he and Darby hadn't bought into the culture that is damning. Hughes has been someone I've wondered about a lot this off season. He can be at times a great pass rusher and at other times draw ridiculously bad offsides or pf penalties. We can all agree that he needs to get that aspect under control. He is as frustrating as he is exciting.

It seems like today was rough from a management perspective. Players were moved and the team didn't agree. From reports they were loafing and going through the motions which drew the ire of McDermott. I like that. As a coach it is his responsibility to keep the team together during tough times. I hope he can but this team has used up all of its good will with me. I'm glad he addressed the poor performance. Part of the BIlls problems over the years has been folding at the first sign of struggle. Maybe that will change but until I see it... Show me the baby!

His contract is actually quite modest for a starting pass rushing DE who flashes elite pass rushing skills. He's very tradeable, although I doubt it happens.

The only time he was elite was when everyone else around him was also elite. He is a decent pass rusher but he has always been a total headcase. I wouldn't care much if he was shipped off. He does seem like a "me" first player, more than anyone else on the roster.

The only time he was elite was when everyone else around him was also elite. He is a decent pass rusher but he has always been a total headcase. I wouldn't care much if he was shipped off. He does seem like a "me" first player, more than anyone else on the roster.

He has elite quick twitch movement and is an excellent "bender." Before he got hurt last season (arm), he was on fire - the best player on the defense for the first 4-5 games. He is a headcase, but for teams on the cusp like Dallas, he'd be a very valuable piece.

Edited by dave mcbride

Um ... getting in a fight with the starting QB is never a good thing. Save it for the second string TE. Mixing it up with the QB is just ... stupid.

it reminds me of when Josh Norman got into it with Cam Newton in TC in 2015. It was a big story - doesn't happen often. From what I read, TT was the one to start with Hughes. Hughes was sniping with someone else at the time.

Dear Buffalo Bills owners, GMs, coaches and players,

Please try to spread these events out over a longer period of time. The fans who insist they're smarter than all of you need to pace themselves, and they're not done whining about the Sammy and Darby trade yet.

Sincerely,

Fans who don't piss themselves over every little thing that happens with this team.

yes I got the memo and yes this is why the coaches jumped on him because they want to head off that kind of behavior. That does not mean he's getting traded.

Please try to spread these events out over a longer period of time. The fans who insist they're smarter than all of you need to pace themselves, and they're not done whining about the Sammy and Darby trade yet.

Sincerely,

Fans who don't piss themselves over every little thing that happens with this team.

:lol:

Sincerely,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just curious, what is the Bills scheme you talk about and how did you find out about it?

Dont give me that "how many playoff games" BS. Totally illogical, especially for a team who hasnt been there in 17 years.

Name me the games he's single-handedly sabotaged...

For us or the opponent?

That's because he knows it's not easy getting inti it with players in the NFL.

He has elite quick twitch movement and is an excellent "bender." Before he got hurt last season (arm), he was on fire - the best player on the defense for the first 4-5 games. He is a headcase, but for teams on the cusp like Dallas, he'd be a very valuable piece.

I've been on a few benders myself, believe me when I say this. Jerry can bend!!

God I miss those Kelsay posts....

Dear Lord, I used to defend him. He gives good effort and he's a solid rotation guy.

I'm just praying this isn't Dick Jauron Jr. That said, one of the many awful things Rex did was never hold players accountable for being dumb. Hughes did some of the dumbest things I have ever seen on the football.

But I guarantee there's a lot of pissed off veteran players. If we get off to a bad start, this could blow up big time.

Dear Lord, I used to defend him. He gives good effort and he's a solid rotation guy.

I'm just praying this isn't Dick Jauron Jr. That said, one of the many awful things Rex did was never hold players accountable for being dumb. Hughes did some of the dumbest things I have ever seen on the football.

But I guarantee there's a lot of pissed off veteran players. If we get off to a bad start, this could blow up big time.

Given all of those picks, failure is by definition success. So Beane is really in a no-lose situation, right?