Anyone else afraid of next years draft?

Virgil

We are stocked with picks, may be gunning for a QB, and also a bunch of defensive holes.

Each year is deep at different positions and weak in others.

What if the season ends and the top 3 teams with picks and need QB's and won't trade with us? I know we have the ammo, but they need to be willing to deal with us and I don't see us being worse than the 49ers, Jets, or Browns.

And then, what if there just isn't the starting talent needed at the defensive positions we require?

I'm just afraid that we won't have a draft that meets our needs and this drags down the line.

Wow. Not a single 2017 reg season snap by ANYONE - College or Pro.

All NFL teams are 8-8 right now. Goes up and down from there.

Half the Top 10 NCAA teams won't be by season's end.

I can't imagine a life that would worry about this now.

Let. it. play. out.

Nothing to be scared of, let hope we can use all that ammo to trade up for a franchise QB.

I hope that we DON'T have to trade all of that ammo for a franchise QB.

6 picks in the first 3 rounds? I hope we are getting as much talent as we can.

Next year's QB class is deep, we can get one and still keep a few picks.

That will be the discussion next offseason. I think they are loading up on picks so they can trade up for their guy. We do have some talent on this roster, if you get a franchise guy it would be worth it.

Been hearing that for years. Hope it's true this time.

That will be the discussion next offseason. I think they are loading up on picks so they can trade up for their guy. We do have some talent on this roster, if you get a franchise guy it would be worth it.

Of course it all depends on where they pick.

Since they have 2 first round picks, that alone should be enough to trade up if need be. They should be able to keep the 2 2nds & 2 3rds.

Been hearing that for years. Hope it's true this time.

Last year's QB class was not deep. In fact it was a weak class.

I know that everything can change, but the potential for the 2018 class could be very special.

Of course it all depends on where they pick.

Since they have 2 first round picks, that alone should be enough to trade up if need be. They should be able to keep the 2 2nds & 2 3rds.

Last year's QB class was not deep. In fact it was a weak class.

I know that everything can change, but the potential for the 2018 class could be very special.

You probably know this as well as anyone. But it seems like preseason predictions of the top QBs for the following season at this time of year change about 400% by the time the draft comes. Guys come out of nowhere. Big names have crappy seasons. Half the guys on the ascension don't ascend, etc.

We are stocked with picks, may be gunning for a QB, and also a bunch of defensive holes.

What if the season ends and the top 3 teams with picks and need QB's and won't trade with us? I know we have the ammo, but they need to be willing to deal with us and I don't see us being worse than the 49ers, Jets, or Browns.

And then, what if there just isn't the starting talent needed at the defensive positions we require?

I'm just afraid that we won't have a draft that meets our needs and this drags down the line.

Have faith in the tank.

I'm hoping the Browns pick #1, they may like Kizer and be willing to deal

You probably know this as well as anyone. But it seems like preseason predictions of the top QBs for the following season at this time of year change about 400% by the time the draft comes. Guys come out of nowhere. Big names have crappy seasons. Half the guys on the ascension don't ascend, etc.

All true.

You never know how things are going to turn out. That's just the way it works.

I can only go by what I see. And I am comfortable in the idea that next year's QB class is miles ahead of this past years.

Wow. Not a single 2017 reg season snap by ANYONE - College or Pro.

All NFL teams are 8-8 right now. Goes up and down from there.

Half the Top 10 NCAA teams won't be by season's end.

I can't imagine a life that would worry about this now.

Let. it. play. out.

actually they're all 0-0

Yes, the Bills have a tendency to screw up these kinds of situations. Having extra high picks can make a team more willing to take "risks" with their picks, i.e., picking John McCargo with an extra first-rounder.

That said, they brought real quality into the scouting and personnel department this offseason, so I'm cautiously optimistic...

It is way to early to tell anything about the draft next year. We don't know where we will be picking yet and don't know the depth or talent in the draft.

I will watch the season play out and enjoy it!

However, when the draft approaches I will be excited, BUT, very nervous, as this draft is everything for our future!! The FO don't have to knock it out of the park, but, they are going to have to be very, very good!

Let's enjoy the next 10 months! And, hope it is enjoyable!

you really want to go back to 2-14? You want to feel like the Jets right now?

Who's left on this team that says otherwise? The QB they aren't keeping past this year or the almost 30 y/o RB in a passing league? The drought will be buying drinks and getting drunk to wash away the pain of not being in the playoffs for 21 straight years.

I'm more worried about this season. The defense was 19th I think last year. I'm not looking at the stats but I think if we take out about 400 yards rushing this defense around top ten. Mcd better be able to coach this defense up to that or better for me to be excited long term. If not we made the wrong choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complete opposite as I'm very excited about next year's draft. As of right now there are about 5 QBs I'd love to see us draft next year so there is no reason to get trade crazy to land one. I'm also looking forward to drafting more LBs.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!!

Of the 3 QBs we have now, I bet Peterman is the only 1 that will still be a Bill at this time next year. JMHO

Go Bills!!!!!

All aboard the Darnold train.

Maybe, but I think they drafted Peterman for a reason.

They signed Yates, Taylor and Jones already on the roster, why draft Peterman if they had already planned on going QB (Darnold) in 2018.

IMO they are not sold on Taylor and have plans this year for Peterman other than being a backup or it was a total wasted 5th round pick when they had plenty of other holes to fill during the draft.

The 49ers are likely to have one of the top picks. If they go the Cousins route they'll want to deal. If not, then Cousins will be available. The Rams still have a terrible team and might have a top pick even if Goff makes strides. They could deal. In addition to Cousins, Garappolo will hit the market and a QB needy team will take a shot with him. That could be a top drafting team. The other interesting situation is the Ravens. They're going to be bad this season. I'd bet that they'd draft Flacco's replacement if they could, but they look like a rebuild is in order. You never know, they might favor a haul of picks to replacing him. Besides, they run a vertical offense and might be looking for a different kind of QB than we are. I know Tyrod is good at the vertical game too, but McD seems to favor a quicker, shorter passing game. I see him looking for a better version of Peterman. Speaking of whom, wouldn't it be nice to hit the lottery there and have our FQB plus all of those picks?

Kirk Cousins was a 4th round pick .... wondering why we're all in on next year's QB ... was anyone not impressed with what Peterman (our 5th round pick and who Gruden says is most pro ready QB in the draft) showed on Thursday? First drive ... leads the team to a score ... if Taiwan can catch a pass on 4th down on the 5 yard line ... perhaps another score ... looking forward to game #2

Afraid to finally get a franchise QB? Not at all!

Watch us grab the Ryan Leaf from the pile of Peyton Mannings.

Kirk Cousins was a 4th round pick .... wondering why we're all in on next year's QB ... was anyone not impressed with what Peterman (our 5th round pick and who Gruden says is most pro ready QB in the draft) showed on Thursday? First drive ... leads the team to a score ... if Taiwan can catch a pass on 4th down on the 5 yard line ... perhaps another score ... looking forward to game #2

Impressed? Hardly. He looked like a rookie playing third stringers. He did look a little better than Yates.

All aboard the Darnold train.

Poor footwork but is still young and could prob be coached. Doesn't seem to put much mustard on 30 yarders, reminds me of Chad Pennington in that regard. There's more but we're talking about a kid who's going to grow, hopefully

Who's left on this team that says otherwise? The QB they aren't keeping past this year or the almost 30 y/o RB in a passing league? The drought will be buying drinks and getting drunk to wash away the pain of not being in the playoffs for 21 straight years.

it takes a long time to come back from 2-14....need a lot of luck

it takes a long time to come back from 2-14....need a lot of luck

That's what I'm saying. It's going to take even more time and patience; I'm talking Tom Landry and the Cowboys of the 60s type patience. This is going to be such a long time before we see the payoff, and that's if the gamble even works. There's always a chance this whole rebuild relies on the drafting of one player and if we miss or whiff we will back to the drawing board in 4-5 years looking down the barrel of a 21 year drought.