[closed]This. Is. Awesome

McBean

I freaking love McBean.

We finally have people with a brain running this organization. This is ALL for Darnold or Allen next year imo.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

With the trades, the #Bills have: 2 2018 first rounders, 2 2018 second rounders, 2 2018 third rounders. Thats not a bad way to build.

I freaking love McBean.

We finally have people with a brain running this organization. This is ALL for Darnold or Allen next year imo.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

With the trades, the #Bills have: 2 2018 first rounders, 2 2018 second rounders, 2 2018 third rounders. Thats not a bad way to build.

Build like the Cleveland Browns build?

Tank like the New York Jets tank?

Sorry -- can't agree with you.

I freaking love McBean.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

And we could add another 3rd by simply cutting some FA's we signed

We got a WR that has better numbers than Watkins.

This scheme fits Gaines.

O, and we are loaded with picks!

Watkins and Darby would've walked out because they weren't resigning here.

Having picks means nothing if they're not used correctly.

It's nice to have all those picks, but we need to use them on quality franchise building players (something we've failed miserably in acquiring for the past 5+ years).

It's nice to have all those picks, but we need to use them on quality franchise building players (something we've failed miserably in acquiring for the past 5+ years).

I agree.

However, Matthews has better numbers than Watkins and Gaines perfectly fits this scheme.

Again, Watkins and Darby weren't signing here.

And we could add another 3rd by simply cutting some FA's we signed

Really good point. I'm not sure if the Bills are going full on tank because I think they didn't like Sammy or Darby for the O and D. If they cut enough FAs to recoup that 3rd and 4th round compensatory, or trade McCoy/Tyrod/Dareus then the tank will be full on.

So if the Bills weren't going to pay Sammy Watkins next year, what makes you think they are going to pay Jordan Matthews?

And even with all the "ammunition" in the world, don't forget:

- The Jets have one of the worst rosters in 20 years

- The Browns also have tons of draft picks and need a QB

- There is no guarantee all the top guys will be coming out of school next year

We just hired a competent GM. The past 5 (or 17) years aren't on his watch.

So if the Bills weren't going to pay Sammy Watkins next year, what makes you think they are going to pay Jordan Matthews?

What if he becomes a FA and the Bills sign him?

I freaking love McBean.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

so if the teams in spot 1 and 2 don't trade out of those spots, then what?

Doesn't necessarily mean a tank...Mathews is a No. 1 WR...still a bit thin at CB, tho.

We have a lot of draft picks next year....

Matthews is a slot WR....

Agree completely.

The Darby trade alone is really good. Matthews isn't a bad WR, he's young, and a third rounder? The Eagles got taken advantage of thanks to their desperation at CB.

Watkins was likely not going to be here after this season. If he gets hurt again, he has no value. Trade him now, get a premium pick and a young CB who could develop into a good player.

The bills will have at least 6 picks in the top 90 going into the draft. They will be able to build. This trade doesn't really make the team worse this year (Boldin, Matthews, Zay is better than Watkins, Woods, Goodwin imo) and potentially makes them much better going forward.

Finally, I don't see this as anything close to a move meant to help them tank the season. Shady will be traded soon if that's the case. That being said, I would much rather have an 18 or 19 year playoff drought followed by sustained success than a mediocre team sneaking in this year and the same uncertain future next year.

Edited by Harryhood280

And what makes you think these two guys are anything like the guys that are running the Jets and Browns. Enlighten me please.

Doesn't necessarily mean a tank...Mathews is a No. 1 WR...still a bit thin at CB, tho.

We have a lot of draft picks next year....

Matthews is a #1 when he is on a terrible receiving corps like Philly's - that is, by default. To be fair, he'll be a number one here because Boldin (who I love) is probably running a 4.9 40 right now and they have no one else. As I said elsewhere, in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Agree completely.

The Darby trade alone is really good. Matthews isn't a bad WR, he's young, and a third rounder? The Eagles got taken advantage of thanks to their desperation at CB.

Watkins was likely not going to be here after this season. If he gets hurt again, he has no value. Trade him now, get a premium pick and a young CB who could develop into a good player.

The bills will have at least 6 picks in the top 90 going into the draft. They will be able to build. This trade doesn't really make the team worse this year and potentially makes them much better going forward. Boldin, Matthews, Zay is better than Watkins, Woods, Goodwin imo.

Finally, I don't see this as anything close to a move meant to help them tank the season. Shady will be traded soon if that's the case. That being said, I would much rather have an 18 or 19 year playoff drought followed by sustained success than a mediocre team sneaking in this year and the same uncertain future next year.

No one wants McCoy's contract.

But if you have more picks you're more likely to use a pick correctly...

I absolutely love these moves. They got quality players in return and extra draft picks. What's not to like. Watkins would not have been back next year anyway and Darby should be easily replaced by Tre White and the guy they got from the Rams. I like our top 3 receivers and I believe that swapping the two CB's will only make the secondary stronger. What's not to like?

It's all great until we whiff on 4 of our 6 early picks next year. Just wait - top two picks are Jets and 49ers, they take Darnold and Rosen. Then what? Draft a mediocre WR and CB in the first, some dud OL in the second, and trade the rest of the picks to 2019 because "that will be our year"...

Edited by ProbablyWrong

I absolutely love these moves. They got quality players in return and extra draft picks. What's not to like. Watkins would not have been back next year anyway and Darby should be easily replaced by Tre White and the guy they got from the Rams. I like our top 3 receivers and I believe that swapping the two CB's will only make the secondary stronger. What's not to like?

questionable. gaines is not good

I freaking love McBean.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Watkins would have been worth vastly more had these geniuses picked up his 5th year. Very very stupid omission.

Seriously just ruined my enthusiasm on the season...2 of the players I was most looking forward to seeing bounce back, Darby and Watkins gone. Watkins had one stupid foot injury...that appears to be behind him now. And without that injury he is a top 10 talent in the NFL at WR. Just ridiculous to trade him now IMO.

How pissed is Robert Woods now? Had the chance to be establish himself as a top option in LA, now is suddenly 3rd on the depth chart behind Watkins and Austin. Went from clear number 2 who could challenge Austin as the #1 to likely 3rd now to try and battle to be the 2nd option.