McD and Beane/ Do you trust them?

Trust is earned.

If this works out, they'll be here for 10+ years.

If it doesn't, we'll be looking for a new coach in 16 months.

Precisely. What reason have they given me to trust them? So no, I don't trust them. I also don't actively distrust them - yet.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I hated the idea of hiring a coach before the GM. The Pegulas, who I totally am in debt for what they have done in Buffalo, have no idea how to run a NFL franchise.

Yup.

It may pan out now.

Not necessarily totally against trading Sammy, though I loved the guy. Just don't feel like we got that much back in return.

Draft picks? Yay!?. Remember Tyrod spending some of the off-season working out with Sammy? He must feel betrayed by this.

Our starting wide receivers haven't played in a game with him yet.

The Patriots model is not sustainable for anyone that isn't Bill Belichick.

You're better off trying to emulate the Seahawks, Packers or Steelers.

I think it's more accurate to say that the Patriots model is not sustainable for any team that doesn't have Tom Brady at QB.

Belichick was a sub-.500 coach before him.

No. I hated the idea of hiring a coach before the GM. The Pegulas, who I totally am in debt for what they have done in Buffalo, have no idea how to run a NFL franchise.

And of course you do. Exactly what have they done to lose your trust? Take two years to evaluate their coach and GM and decide they weren't competent? Replacing them with two guys who actually have an idea of what they are doing? Please enlighten me since you seem to know way more about how to run an NFL franchise than they do.

I say that I admire their conviction. They must have a plan and know we are not winning Jack or shyt in the next couple of years so trade the guys that have the value now for picks to build a team through the draft the way they want. Live or die by their plan and what they want . I can respect that. Be a man and make a statement but you own that statement. I'm down.

Got to let them make their moves, bring in the players they want and see if it works out. How can you evaluate them if they kept all players hired under the previous regime. Implement the new system, bring in players to fit and see how it works out. I'll give them a little more time than 1 pre-season game before I kick them to the curb!

I think it's more accurate to say that the Patriots model is not sustainable for any team that doesn't have Tom Brady at QB.

Belichick was a sub-.500 coach before him.

Elite QB & elite coach is a tough combination to beat.

I don't think anyone can really push the whole "one would be garbage without the other" narrative anymore.

Take Brady out of the equation temporarily, they still have only one guy being coach & GM, are notoriously ruthless, have ridiculous year to year scheme changes and can convince players to give them hometown discounts frequently. The "buy in" there is insane. I just don't think you can chase their model.

WGR mentioned something about Boldin and Watkins in a somewhat animated discussion on the sidelines last night.

The only thing that makes sense to me at this point is the Bills knew they had no chance at resigning Watkins, didn't want to use the franchise tag, and wanted to get something for him while we still could. Still though. The guy is elite when healthy.

The only thing that makes sense to me at this point is the Bills knew they had no chance at resigning Watkins, didn't want to use the franchise tag, and wanted to get something for him while we still could. Still though. The guy is elite when healthy.

Is he elite when healthy? I have always been a Watkins fan and I think he is very good but he hasnt shown he is elite in my opinion.

I say that I admire their conviction. They must have a plan and know we are not winning Jack or shyt in the next couple of years so trade the guys that have the value now for picks to build a team through the draft the way they want. Live or die by their plan and what they want . I can respect that. Be a man and make a statement but you own that statement. I'm down.

I know there was a bold prediction thread, but I feel like making mine here. Beanie will be Panthers GM by this time next year, Bills will get some compensation. Beanie will say family, home blah blah blah, thank Bills organization for opportunity.

Am I the only one who feels this team got no worse after these trades???

We were a 9-7 team before and still are.

But the future is much brighter. Why all the complaining?

I totally agree. In fact, team may be better now. Matthews may fit with the mold of what they are trying to do on offense. Big WR's. Gaines ia a zone CB; Darby wasn't.

My heartbeat is back to normal. I think the trades were planned together. The knew they had to find a WR if Sammy went to the Rams and it wasn't going to come from LA. After one pre-season game, it's hard to tell what our offense will really look like and if Sammy can hold up for 16 games. Gaines also had foot problems, so i am not sure what the Bills see in him. They must really like Tre and feel that the drop from Darby to Seymore/Johnson/Gaines is not that big, especially if our front four keep up the pressure. Hats off to Yarbrough for stepping up.

The one to benefit from this is Boldin. He will get a lot of Sammy's touches.

The true test however is the offensive scheme. Sammy was always crying to be the featured receiver in a team game, and he rarely shouldered that load consistently. With a huge contract looming, the brass probably thought they wanted to spread the ball more.

This is probably not the end of the roster shakeup and I'll try to reserve judgement until game #1, when we see the full monty. I think the shock comes from everyone knowing how much we gave up for Sammy and attaching value to the potential we felt would be realized. But the truth of the matter is that he has not been Mike Evans, Odell or Jullio Jones for us, and I have a feeling that our front office never thought he would be.

The other benefit I see is that Zay Jones sees that no one is untouchable, and Boldin takes him under his wing and shows him how to be a Hall of Famer and not a prima Donna. Jones may end up being like Boldin. He caught a lot of balls in college.

My interest now is if Dareus is on the block and how he handles the no-nonsense approach our staff has as opposed to Rex's holiday approach.

Edited by BillsRdue

I think there's a lot of emotion going on here, and not a lot of logic. These moves are BRILLIANT when put into the context of previous administrations.

I agree. I like Sammy but he's the Rob Johnson of receivers. The next time he plays for more than 2 games fully healthy will be the first time. And Darby is a coin flip to whether is plays great or gets burned, like most CBs.

Edited by Gavin in Va Beach

Nope. They lost my trust. I see what they're trying to do, but the CB we got for Watkins is NOT even close to the skill of Darby. We traded Darby for Jordan Matthews. Matthews is a pretty good WR, but Darby was NOT the price for him. Wish we traded Watkins for a RT or DT, to replace Kyle later on.

They lost my trust because they obviously don't care about the fan base. This whole "character counts" is a load of elementary gold stars on a board in the class room, even if they can't spell correctly or do simple math, in this case even if they aren't a top tier player, but can give the team high-fives, then thats all Sean and Beane want.

Is he elite when healthy? I have always been a Watkins fan and I think he is very good but he hasnt shown he is elite in my opinion.

I agree with you. Let me restate it. I'd put him in the 6 to 10 range of starting WR's when healthy. He put up over a 1,000 yards with 9 touchdowns with an average passing qb at best in 2015. I wish Sammy nothing but the worst going forward.

I think there's a lot of emotion going on here, and not a lot of logic. These moves are BRILLIANT when put into the context of previous administrations.

No logic, just emotion, says the guy that put brilliant in all upper case.

It is the only thing that makes sense,

Perhaps Watkins ran off at the mouth to the wrong player. (Boldin)

Pretty much this. The franchise still has a bit of dead weight. I said three or four coaches ago that I'm no longer giving the coach the benefit of the doubt. I'll start pulling for and trusting a coach when they lead us to the playoffs.