McD and Beane/ Do you trust them?

I don't know where to post this and figured that this was as good a place as any. In short, no, I don't trust them. They have accomplished nothing in this league and have a LOT of power at the moment. It may work out and it may be a disaster. There's no reason though to give them the benefit of the doubt. That hasn't been earned.

This trade is a disaster. This is "half-pregnant." If you wanted to tank you shouldn't have re-signed Tyrod, you shouldn't have brought back KW, and you shouldn't have brought in Boldin. If you want to compete you shouldn't trade a CB & WR for a worse CB & WR.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beane wasn't here for the draft...

Conspiracy theorists will say he actually was.

This is beyond comprehension. Makes no sense in anyones world. McDerma and Beane can just go **** themselves.

Great tank job setup. I hate all of you.

McCoy is probably next if he does not walk out on his own. Boldin probably trying to rescind his deal. This place is a full blown dumpster fire now.

Bring back Whaley and let him hire a coach. I trust him.

are you freakin kidding me? You give away the most physically gifted WR of the best WR draft for WHAT??? a MEDIOCRE WR with an EXPIRING CONTRACT??? It's like hey let me trade in a Rolls Royce for a Chrysler and a scooter. woot! I got 2 vehicles!

Son, that's how the poor gets poorer and the rich gets richer.

Sammy Watkins isn't the most physically gifted WR. He's not a Rolls Royce.

Watkins when healthy is a top 7 WR but the problem is he isn't healthy. Chrysler's are also garbage and Matthews isn't garbage.

Watkins is a BMW. A lot of maintenance issues but runs very well and exciting when it's not in the shop.

Matthews is Toyota, reliable, more cost effective but gets the job done.

Thus far they get the benefit of the doubt from me.

I see where they are going with this. It's really about setting up long term sustainable success more than this season.

Tough pill to swallow for a fan base that hasn't seen a playoff game in 17 years.

Only results will define whether they were schrewed or stupid.

Edited by dezertbill

They traded a WR for a WR. Boldin can catch three in a row also. I'm sure of it.

Our Pass Pro looks abysmal ( I know it's only one pre season game, but still)

Our run game looks like it can stay where it was.

They traded a CB for a CB.

While, I'm not happy with the value they got for Sammy, if he continues on the same course, we won that trade.

Darby isn't up to McD snuff? I trust them.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Thus far they get the benefit of the doubt from me.

I see where they are going with this. It's really about setting up long term sustainable success more than this season.

Tough pill to swallow for a fan base that hasn't seen a playoff game in 17 years.

Only results will define whether they were schrewed or stupid.

I just don't see trading a 24 year-old receiver with the potential to be a top 3 player as a good plan for the future.

A second round pick and an iffy CB for Sammy fukkin Watkins?!!!!

I think maybe Bellichick made this trade.

I think they got hoodwinked. Gaines was losing his job in L.A.. GM/ coach get a D+ for value and an F for what they will have done for team morale. Who tries to lose more in week 1, Jets or Bills?? TankBowl

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I don't see them being done either. I see them having their pulse on this team all the way until trade deadline.

I also see them shedding the necessary 3 free agent signings in order to get an extra 3rd round pick. If your a name FA signing you have to ball out or be an exceptional team leader to stay on. Period.

I just don't see trading a 24 year-old receiver with the potential to be a top 3 player as a good plan for the future.

Normally you have a point. But that 24 year old also has a history of injuries and based on his injury history may not have a greater value this season than now. Also, the Bills picked up a younger CB that was an all rookie before he was injured and is pretty much in the same boat as Watkins's. Even if Watkins had a 1200 yard season and 15 TDs that injury history will always be looming with any big time contract he signs.

Oh, and they also picked up a 2nd round pick. Amo for our franchise QB.

Also picking up a young Jordan Matthews will ease the loss of Watkins and from what I'm hearing fits more into Dennisons offense than Watkins.

It's all subjective and no one will know for sure until years down the road. But the logic of the trade makes sense to me.

Normally you have a point. But that 24 year old also has a history of injuries and based on his injury history may not have a greater value this season than now. Also, the Bills picked up a younger CB that was an all rookie before he was injured and is pretty much in the same boat as Watkins's. Even if Watkins had a 1200 yard season and 15 TDs that injury history will always be looming with any big time contract he signs.

Also picking up a young Jordan Matthews will ease the loss of Watkins and from what I'm hearing fits more into Dennisons offense than Watkins.

It's all subjective and no one will know for sure until years down the road. But the logic of the trade makes sense to me.

Remember how we got screwed when Byrd left....?

If your plan was to deal Watkins why would you pick up his 5th year option to up his trade value? This wasn't done with foresight.

Obviously he has injury concerns but he's healthy at the moment (healthier than Matthews). Matthews is a high end number 2, like Zay will be. They need a #1 now. If they get that they could be good.

In terms of Gaines, he's not a very good player. He's a downgrade from Darby for sure. Hopefully, he can be in the rotation and help them. The picks are nice but you don't deal stars for role players.

I don't know where to post this and figured that this was as good a place as any. In short, no, I don't trust them. They have accomplished nothing in this league and have a LOT of power at the moment. It may work out and it may be a disaster. There's no reason though to give them the benefit of the doubt. That hasn't been earned.

This trade is a disaster. This is "half-pregnant." If you wanted to tank you shouldn't have re-signed Tyrod, you shouldn't have brought back KW, and you shouldn't have brought in Boldin. If you want to compete you shouldn't trade a CB & WR for a worse CB & WR.

We'll know for sure if this was a good trade by the end of 2018 season.

The timing is questionable unless you used the beginning of camp to demonstrate watkins health. Or his recent comments were becoming a distraction. Either way - season tickets are printed and in peoples hands and you're dumping players for picks.

Boo hoo. For all the condescension on this board towards those of us who have wanted changes made, questioning our fandom, real fans are down with this😘

To everyone caterwauling:

Was Sammy going to take us to the promised land?

How about Darby?

Until the QB situation is resolved, these guys are like $10000 rims on a 1985 honda civic.

You don't improve your team by getting rid of high quality young ball players. We got rid of 2 of them today. FU MCD you piece of sh*t.

Yet, Matthews has been much more productive AND Darby sucked so bad last season he was benched. Edited by Binghamton Beast

Boo hoo. For all the condescension on this board towards those of us who have wanted changes made, questioning our fandom, real fans are down with this

THIS.

For the better part of a decade I've begged for this kind of thing.

Finally, the day's come. A team leadership with a plan.

Yet, Matthews has been much more productive AND Darby sucked so bad last season he was benched.

Matthews is a high end number 2 with questionable hands. He is in no way an upgrade and Darby was handcuffed by the Ryan brothers. Gaines is an absolute downgrade as well. He's a backup.

I'm confused...1 year of a receiver who is already "hurt" and has never even approached his "potential" for a receiver with better stats and a corner with similar stats while picking up some picks..this hardly seems like the end of the world.

Until you have a QB, WR and CB just don't !@#$ing matter.

Explain why the Saints have had 3 straight 7-9 seasons with one of the greatest QBs ever playing at an elite level? It isn't that simple. You build the best possible TEAM that you can. Downgrading at WR and CB doesn't make your QB better. Ask Andrew Luck what it's like being a top end QB with garbage talent.

Explain why the Saints have had 3 straight 7-9 seasons with one of the greatest QBs ever playing at an elite level? It isn't that simple. You build the best possible TEAM that you can. Downgrading at WR and CB doesn't make your QB better. Ask Andrew Luck what it's like being a top end QB with garbage talent.

Holding on to Watkins doesn't make TT anything more than he is either.

You can find other WR.

Matthews is a high end number 2 with questionable hands. He is in no way an upgrade and Darby was handcuffed by the Ryan brothers. Gaines is an absolute downgrade as well. He's a backup.

Darby has shown the same history minus the injury as Gaines. Why is Gaines only a back up and Darby is a sure fire starter?

Darby played well in 2015 and played terribly in 2016...both years he was under Ryan.

Gaines played well in his first year, IR his second year and then had a down year last year.

So they both made the All Rookie team and struggled in their sophomore years.

Darby was handcuffed by the Ryan's? Um, who was his coach in his rookie season?

Gaines was a starter in LA.

Holding on to Watkins doesn't make TT anything more than he is either.

You can find other WR.

You can't find other WR that can be top 5 players. He absolutely can be that and has been when thrown the football. All that replacing Watkins with Matthews does is make the Bills worse at WR. I'm actually shocked that so many people are on board with this. As a group we must not watch a lot of football.

Making a move to acquire an ACTUAL QB.

That's what this is about. Getting a top QB prospect finally. HAVING A PLAN instead of just drifting about in 6-10 to 9-7 hell.

Amen! The Bills have been averaging around 6-10/7-9 for so many years now and it's gotten them nowhere.

Plain and simple this moves reeks of us going after a franchise QB next draft.

Taylor hasn't looked great thus far and there is no sign he is the answer Bills fans have been looking for.

If Sammy hurt himself week 3 and missed 6-8 weeks we'd be grilling FO as to why we didn't try to get something from him when he is healthy and in the last year of his deal.

We need another Jim Kelly more than Sammy Watkins or Ronald Darby. I mean, how many years has Tom Brady made no name receivers look legitimate every season? It's about the QB guys. Everyone knows it.

We need a franchise QB. Plain and simple. Knowing what Big Ben would have turned out to be the Bills would have traded 2 drafts to Houston to move up ahead of Pittsburgh in 2004 and draft him instead of staying put and drafting Lee Evans, who was supposed to be our next Andre Reed.

Same thinking.

Also, Watkins is a #1 with very questionable health.

These two trades, in my opinion, were not only outstanding short term, but also for the future.

Brittle feet is a big issue.

Darby has shown the same history minus the injury as Gaines. Why is Gaines only a back up and Darby is a sure fire starter?

Darby played well in 2015 and played terribly in 2016...both years he was under Ryan.

Gaines played well in his first year, IR his second year and then had a down year last year.

So they both made the All Rookie team and struggled in their sophomore years.

Gaines was passed on the depth chart by Webster and Darby was starting opposite White? Does that answer the question?

Yeah, but they've had good WR's, no?

Also, Watkins is a #1 with very questionable health.

These two trades, in my opinion, were not only outstanding short term, but also for the future.

Brittle feet is a big issue.

I certainly worry about Sammy's health but everyone worried about Julio's health through 3 years. Now he's elite. Watkins can end up there. Matthews ceiling is as a good player but not great.

Gaines was passed on the depth chart by Webster and Darby was starting opposite White? Does that answer the question?

No it doesn't.

Gaines is a zone corner in a Rams system that runs man. He wasn't a fit. Does that sound familiar?

Darby was passed by Corey White last year when he was benched. So they both were passed by....