McD and Beane/ Do you trust them?

Yeah, but they've had good WR's, no?

I'm not sure how to answer that? Neither team has been very good despite their great QB play. You don't just stop building your roster until you have a QB as some are suggesting. You get the QB whenever you get the chance and you are always putting together the best possible roster.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't.

Gaines is a zone corner in a Rams system that runs man. He wasn't a fit. Does that sound familiar?

Darby was passed by Corey White last year when he was benched. So they both were passed by....

You asked why one was a starter and one wasn't. The answer is because one was starting on his team (Darby) and the other was a backup (Webster). Obviously situations can change when you move teams but the answer to the question wasn't tricky.

You asked why one was a starter and one wasn't. The answer is because one was starting on his team (Darby) and the other was a backup (Webster). Obviously situations can change when you move teams but the answer to the question wasn't tricky.

Again....he's a zone corner in a man to man defense. He's not a fit for that defense so they're going with someone that fits better.

This isn't the first time that's happened.

Again....he's a zone corner in a man to man defense. He's not a fit for that defense so they're going with someone that fits better.

This isn't the first time that's happened.

I don't disagree with any of this. I was responding to this: https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195203-mcd-and-beane-do-you-trust-them/?p=4462479. One was a starter and one wasn't. That doesn't mean that Gaines cant start here but he wasn't starting there.

I don't know what these carolina boys are doing honestly. setting up a farm system for the rest of the NFL?

You know what?

They could trade McCoy and Dareus as far as I'm concerned as long as they walk away with a franchise QB next April.

Franchise QB's for 50. What is what the Buffalo Bills haven't had in 20 years, Alex.

I'm absolutely thrilled with what they did today!

Imagine this scenario.....the Bills trade both their first and a a 2019 1st to land the top pick in the 2018 draft to have their pick of the best QB.....and still have two 2nds and 2 3rds to work with.

The possibilities are mouth watering.

Actually calling Watkins a rolls-royce is fitting.

They ALWAYS break.

Chyslers always break. My mechanic told me Chrysler's keep him in business. Another friend of mine is automotive engineer and he told me (in a joking way) that Chrysler's should be illegal. He told me they purposely use parts to wear out in a much shorter time and cost more to replace/repair. He doesn't understand why anyone buys Chrysler's.

I don't disagree with any of this. I was responding to this: https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195203-mcd-and-beane-do-you-trust-them/?p=4462479. One was a starter and one wasn't. That doesn't mean that Gaines cant start here but he wasn't starting there.

Right on. I don't know if he's even going to start here. Maybe Seymour is showing a lot in camp (when not injured)?

Until you have a QB, WR and CB just don't !@#$ing matter.

They could trade 3, 4, or 5 first round picks next year to move up to draft a QB, without trading their best WR, who they heavily invested in, or their best DB.

And if we have a front office who can't figure out how to win with a talented guy like Watkins on the roster, then how is he going to win with a rookie QB.

McDermott claimed that he owns the last 17 years. This move isn't owning the last 17 years, it's more 'fitting my guys into my system,' which is the same crap Rex pulled, which extended the playoff drought.

So if Watkins foot isn't ready to fall off (which it might be), I really question what they have now that puts them in better position to make a draft day deal than they had with Watkins on the roster.

You know what?

They could trade McCoy and Dareus as far as I'm concerned as long as they walk away with a franchise QB next April.

Franchise QB's for 50. What is what the Buffalo Bills haven't had in 20 years, Alex.

Imagine this scenario.....the Bills trade both their first and a a 2019 1st to land the top pick in the 2018 draft to have their pick of the best QB.....and still have two 2nds and 2 3rds to work with.

I'm with you Beast. I was in shock when I first heard about these trades and now I'm warming up to it.

We desperately need a franchise QB and looks like we're making moves to get that guy.

You know what?

You can't trade Dareus.

You know what?

The problem with trades is that it takes two, have considered that a team like the jets may not want to trade under any circumstances? The same with the 49ersis possible. So then what?

Explain why the Saints have had 3 straight 7-9 seasons with one of the greatest QBs ever playing at an elite level? It isn't that simple. You build the best possible TEAM that you can. Downgrading at WR and CB doesn't make your QB better. Ask Andrew Luck what it's like being a top end QB with garbage talent.

Easy . Rob Ryan D coordinator