Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

I have NEVER felt like giving up on this team.

But this is just horrendous. One of the few guys on the team with legit star potential. Even with the injuries has put up some pretty impressive numbers. Looks healthy. Is still super young. They must have seen something they didn't like in practice (attitude, intelligence? I don't know.), but still no excuse. Watkins is the kind of guy you shape your offense around. Build around his strengths.

And I can't buy the tank argument. This team has too much talent to fall off the deep end. The defensive line, running game, Taylor's playmaking ability - all will keep them in lots of games. Plus there are a number of crappy teams around the league. You can't really choose to tank in the NFL. At least not for the number 1 pick. Certainly not with the Bills roster. I think Darnold has a shot to be an all-timer, but if you think you can manipulate a season enough to guarantee you get that #1 pick in a year where it's really worth something, you're a fool. Your players certainly aren't going to tank for you.

So I think they've just decided they don't love Watkins and would rather have draft picks to build the team their own way.

I also think they are complete tools. My interest in this season just went down 1,000 percent. And I'm pissed I just laid out the $200 for GamePass (international), which I've always previously considered a great deal.

I don't mind stacking draft picks either.

This is entertaining either way.

Can we try and infer what this says about how OBD feels about Tyrod? That many draft picks one could assume we are prepping for something big next draft. Or am I reading too much into this?

I look at it like this....

Sammy Watkins for Jordan Matthews and 2nd Rd pick

Ronald Darby for EJ Gaines and 3rd round pick.

Potentially Bills could have two 1st, two 2nds and three 3rds

I actually like the trades.... I didn't trust Sammys foot and don't think Darby fit the zone scheme.

Edited by 1WATKINS4

Can we try and infer what this says about how OBD feels about Tyrod? That many draft picks one could assume we are prepping for something big next draft. Or am I reading too much into this?

I think you're on to something. There's finally a long view at OBD.