Who is your surprise cut?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Jerel Worthy? Is that really a surprise?

Can't see them keeping three different 3-tech bodies. Kyle is starting and Adolphus is only one year in.

Jonathan Williams. Can absolutely see Adolphus Washington as well.

I wonder; if either is on the bubble, does the staff ask them to shed 20 lbs and play end at ~280?

IIRC this is how Lorax went from DT to DE to LB, so there's an example of success on the roster with them.

I wonder; if either is on the bubble, does the staff ask them to shed 20 lbs and play end at ~280?

IIRC this is how Lorax went from DT to DE to LB, so there's an example of success on the roster with them.

Washington might be an option to move outside. He has some pass rush ability but I don't know if I ever expect him to be a dominant interior penetrator in this league.

I've thought about Washington playing as a "Heavy End" since the coaching change. Worthy might be a little more agile though.

Long term, I think they'd need a better pass rusher off the edge than this option but it could be an option.

I've thought about Washington playing as a "Heavy End" since the coaching change. Worthy might be a little more agile though.

Long term, I think they'd need a better pass rusher off the edge than this option but it could be an option.

Yea it is a 2017 fix not a long term going forward solution.

I'm going to scout the Arkansas D-Line and find us a heavy-handed brute. Helps us and weakens the Pats at the same time.

No, I'm not bitter that they took Flowers & Wise :D

Not from Arkansas, but Brad Chubb at NC State is a guy I like for DE in our scheme.

Not from Arkansas, but Brad Chubb at NC State is a guy I like for DE in our scheme.

Nick's cousin (also little brother of former Wake Forest/Rams LB Brandon). No ties to Arkansas at all. Boo!

Justis Mosqueda had him in his top half-dozen eligible pass rushers for 2018.

He'll be healthy; he just won't practice, which doesn't help much.

and if he's not healthy then what? bad knees, bad back, and that's before even putting the pads on and the normal wear and tear of the season. TE is an important part of this offense. not to mention the 2 TE sets. i think they need another option

and if he's not healthy then what? bad knees, bad back, and that's before even putting the pads on and the normal wear and tear of the season. TE is an important part of this offense. not to mention the 2 TE sets. i think they need another option

I would like to see another TE as well. I was hoping for Barnidge but I'm off that train. I think another S, DE and RB are needed as well. Some of these can be filled as things shake out with cuts and wouldn't be surprised to see a trade (probably using an interior OL).

He's been available for 28 of a possible 32 games. I'm no more concerned with his health than Shady's (27 games) or Tyrod (30 games).

Marcel Dareus; I look for the team to send him on his way and I do not see him being an impact player anywhere else!

he's on our team for at least the next 2 years. too big of a cap hit. in retrospect he didn't deserve that contract but he's a good player coming off a good year and we were a team without many of those

Guest NeckBeard

My surprise cut would be Dareus, because from a cap standpoint it would be horrible for the team it would seem (source: spotrac). In that light I would legitimately be stunned by the move.

Every year we end up with someone getting released that we maybe didn't expect. I'll throw 2 names out there: Adolphus Washington and Colton Schmidt. The previous staff seemed to sour on Washington and Schmidt had a bad year. Those are 2 guys that I think are possibilities. Who ya got?

Will Cardale Jones count as a surprise ? I think we roll with TT, Yates and Peterman.

Guest NeckBeard

Will Cardale Jones count as a surprise ? I think we roll with TT, Yates and Peterman.

I would not be surprised by Cardale being cut one bit. I think that players like Dareus (or Hughes) would be greater surprises because of the cap and role hits respectively.

The concept of a surprise cut is clearly lost on many of you. There's no reason to respond with all the logical reasons why the player would NOT be cut! It's the lack of logic that makes it a surprise. Sheesh

To my way of thinking a 'surprise' would have to come from any of the veteran starters still on the roster from last year.

Preston Brown

Are we going with realistic or just a surprise. I have seen Jerry Hughes and Preston Brown. Who will fill their spots. Maybe Tyrod Taylor and Sammy as well as Zay Jones along with McCoy and J. Williams will be cut as well.

Eric Wood is not likely but also not impossible and would be a legitimate surprise cut but I doubt it.

Edited by manbeast

Marcel Dareus; I look for the team to send him on his way and I do not see him being an impact player anywhere else!

Whatever you are smoking I would like to try it. Perhaps he may want some as well.

Edited by manbeast