Gillislee on the Patriot Way

stuvian

Yeah, they have 3 quality backup RBs, none of whom have ever started and/or been able to stay healthy a whole season, now that they've let their workhorse go. The Bills have a HOF-caliber starting RB and have been able to replace their backup RBs with ease the past 3 years. Not that the Cheaters need great RB's, but the point, again, is that the Bills are spending less on RB's than the Cheaters are. Trying to argue otherwise is what is truly silly.

Maybe by contract numbers he's top 10. And Talib and Revis were essentially 1-year essentially rentals. Gilmore's there for at least 3, maybe 4, years, with that $40M guaranteed.

Are you just making things up?

Here's a list of the dog crap we've seen take snaps at RB.

Boobie Dixon, Boom Herron, Jon WIlliams, Reggie Bush, Bryce Brown, Cierre Wood.

We still haven't replaced Karlos Williams, FYI. And now we need to replace Gilly too.

Gilmore is top 10 by yards allowed, TD's allowed, passer rating etc. And Talib played on the Pats for 2 years.

Edited by jmc12290

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We still haven't replaced Karlos Williams, FYI. And now we need to replace Gilly too.

Gilmore is top 10 by yards allowed, TD's allowed, passer rating etc. And Talib played on the Pats for 2 years.

Am I making what up? How many people worried about replacing Freddie, and then Karlos? Now it's Gillislee, who replaced Karlos. Backup RB's are truly a dime a dozen.

As for Gilmore, there are lies, damn lies and statistics, and again few people would say he's a top-10 CB. And Talib was with the Cheaters for less than a year and a half, having been traded to them past the mid-point of the 2012 season.

Patriots are 11-6 when Brady hasn't been at QB. I agree with you that they don't have superior talent. What they do have is a system of coaching, player participation, and performance that is second to none.

They don't fall apart when Brady's out. They were 3-1 and Brissett had a broken thumb when they lost to us. Can't say how good Garoppolo/Brissett truly are, but Cassel is a large part of that record and he's nothing special.

...or they have a way to communicate with their own players during play. Not every play, mind you. Just when they need it.

Why is Jon Willams.....a 2nd year player who barely got any burn last year even in this list of players that have been in the league or were undrafted guys?

There is only one football.....we have our starter who gets used a ton....we only need to replace the backup RB

Am I making what up? How many people worried about replacing Freddie, and then Karlos? Now it's Gillislee, who replaced Karlos. Backup RB's are truly a dime a dozen.

As for Gilmore, there are lies, damn lies and statistics, and again few people would say he's a top-10 CB. And Talib was with the Cheaters for less than a year and a half, having been traded to them past the mid-point of the 2012 season.

I'm not sure you know what replaced means, seeing as they were on the team at the same time.

Ah, yes. "Statistics are lies when I don't agree with them." Always a classic.

The last 3 CB's signed or traded for by the Pats were Talib, Revis and Gilmore. The one who got the most significant contract was Gilmore. But yeah, those statistics and Bill Belichick are just lies and fools. It's not like BB knows CB talent. He only developed one of the best young CB's in the game in Butler, and signed those guys above. I'm sure Gilmore is truly the deficient one by a large margin.

Why is Jon Willams.....a 2nd year player who barely got any burn last year even in this list of players that have been in the league or were undrafted guys?

There is only one football.....we have our starter who gets used a ton....we only need to replace the backup RB

Because Jon Williams stunk.

Edited by jmc12290

I'm not sure you know what replaced means, seeing as they were on the team at the same time.

The last 3 CB's signed or traded for by the Pats were Talib, Revis and Gilmore. The one who got the most significant contract was Gilmore. But yeah, those statistics and Bill Belichick are just lies and fools. It's not like BB knows CB talent. He only developed one of the best young CB's in the game in Butler, and signed those guys above. I'm sure Gilmore is truly the deficient one by a large margin.

Because Jon Williams stunk.

in his second year.....on a very limited amount of carries sir. Lets keep in mind that it took Mike G. a while of bouncing around the league before catching on with us.

Way to early for this list

11-6 is worlds apart from winning 5 Super Bowls. They never have won a playoff game without Brady, minus his first season.

There's only been one opportunity! Brady's a great quarterback, definitely GOAT consideration but so is Belicheck. His team doesn't fall apart with Brady out.

...or they have a way to communicate with their own players during play. Not every play, mind you. Just when they need it.

Ha! Such a pity that Bellie has no problem with cheating. He's so good a coach but has ruined his reputation and deservedly so.

There's only been one opportunity! Brady's a great quarterback, definitely GOAT consideration but so is Belicheck. His team doesn't fall apart with Brady out.

Ha! Such a pity that Bellie has no problem with cheating. He's so good a coach but has ruined his reputation and deservedly so.

They haven't fallen apart without Brady, but I hate to overvalue the system too much. Matt Cassell went 11-5 with a team who went 16-0 the previous season. A five win difference would be a big loss for most teams. Had they been 12-4 with the same decline they would have gone 7-9. Brady was still good for five more wins. That Pats roster was stacked. Everyone thinks of the Pats as Brady with random guys. The 2008 Pats had a great roster. Sure, Jimmy G went 3-1, but it's such a small sample size that it's difficult to judge.

They haven't fallen apart without Brady, but I hate to overvalue the system too much. Matt Cassell went 11-5 with a team who went 16-0 the previous season. A five win difference would be a big loss for most teams. Had they been 12-4 with the same decline they would have gone 7-9. Brady was still good for five more wins. That Pats roster was stacked. Everyone thinks of the Pats as Brady with random guys. The 2008 Pats had a great roster. Sure, Jimmy G went 3-1, but it's such a small sample size that it's difficult to judge.

Exactly. Everyone points to the Cassel season as how good Belichick is. They lost 5 more games than they did the previous season! It would be like the Bulls going from 7-9 to 2-14. That's a huge gap.

"Replaced" as in taking over the RB2 role. Because in the Bills' system, the RB1 and RB2 get the vast majority of the carries. I expect all 4 Cheaters RB's to get equal carries now that they don't have a proven #1 RB on the roster. And they won't be playing more than 2 of them at a time. So again what I said about how much they're paying their stable of RB's compared to the Bills was spot-on. Not sure why you got your panties in a bunch over it.

As for Gilmore's, last year was a contract year. The other guys played like top-10 CB's well before hitting the market.

But we'll see how he does. I expect him to have a good season because he'll be the #2 CB behind Butler. But will he earn his $12M/year after that when Butler leaves and he's #1 CB again? Time will tell.

One of the things I noticed and found interesting was his comments about the strength and conditioning team, mindset, trainers etc. I have been saying for a while that our training staff, strength and conditioning team, team doctors, etc have been getting a free pass for far too long. Our players deal with ticky tack lingering injuries year in and year out. We rarely get our players back ahead of schedule or even on time for that matter, they have made poor overall decisions managing key injuries to guys like McCoy, Watkins, etc, they even were grossly wrong on Shaq's shoulder in the draft (I still draft him there no matter what since it was a minor injury, not a career threatening one) too and one of of the only teams to say his shoulder would NOT need surgery.

I love the fact that McD made changes in these areas, would not surprise me to see it make an immediate impact on the durability and reliability of our players. Many fans don't realize how important that part of the game is or even how much time they spend with those coaches. They will spend more time with their strength and conditioning coach than their HC or any positional coach. Its very important, and to see former Bills players talk about how the Pats train like they practice says volumes on how our previous staff who was here way too long ran things.

Im excited for this new staff across the board as its overall focus on discipline and culture from top to bottom.

A couple things about that article.

That Steelers game in the snow in Buffalo convinced me that we were ready to move on from the Rex regime. I've been watching our Bills a long time, and never was I more let down about the fact that our team got pushed around so badly in that weather. I mean, that's OUR weather. That's our home field advantage. Instead, some of our players (not all) looked like they had never seen the stuff before. So, the things that our former players said about moving indoors when the weather turned lousy certainly showed up to me in that game in particular.

Now moving on to today, I'm very optimistic that our new coach is so detail oriented. I'm thinking he won't let the small details that that Boston Globe article talks about go by the wayside for an easier life for himself or the players. At least this is what we've been presented so far. We haven't played a down yet...but I like what I'm seeing so far. I'm liking the discipline and detail. Heck, they even got Dareus out there sweating in OTA.

Like I said, lets see how it plays out. But so far, I'm optimistic about the future with McDermott and Beane running things. Lets hope to a long regime where a detail oriented and winning philosophy can become ingrained into the culture and we can go back to owning the division for a while.

Cant say it any better!

Ever notice how short the tenure is of ex-Bills on the Pats roster?

might have been the case in the past.... but that is because in the past we didn't have talent and picking guys up from us was pointless. Donald Jones and Scott Chandler were never going to be long term Pats.

What is different now is the Bills have talent.... and the Pats are plucking genuinely good players from us. Hogan and Gillislee are talented role players and Gilmore is a legit #1 corner. All 3 will have reasonably successful Pats careers.... Hogan already has a ring.

BS article - The patriot way is by having Tom Brady and Billy boy - 2 of the best maybe ever - Look at what happened last year when they did not have Tommy boy when the bills played them in Foxboro - The ****ty bills shut them out - I guess all that 'hard work' forgot to show up at home vs a ****ty team. It all comes back to Brady pure and simple no matter how you look at it

BS article - The patriot way is by having Tom Brady and Billy boy - 2 of the best maybe ever - Look at what happened last year when they did not have Tommy boy when the bills played them in Foxboro - The ****ty bills shut them out - I guess all that 'hard work' forgot to show up at home vs a ****ty team. It all comes back to Brady pure and simple no matter how you look at it

The patriots still went 3-1 without brady.... bills played there 3rd string qb

The patriots still went 3-1 without brady.... bills played there 3rd string qb

What would the Pats do in the playoffs without Brady? Without question BB is a great coach. He is the reason the Pats can win with Brady sidelined. However, that doesn't make Brady replaceable. Jimmy G beat a bad Cards team, the Fish, and a bad Texans team. I want to see Jimmy G win big games. The Pats would be just another average team without Brady. One that could sneak into the playoffs occasionally.

Well how about Chris Hogan? When he was here he was just all right but in the playoffs with the Pats he came up huge. Especially in their game against the Steelers.

How much of that do you attribute to coaching/environment?

Chris Hogan stats, per year, for last three seasons not in order. You tell me which one was the huge impactful year with the Patriots:

Year X: Receptions 36, Yards 450, TDs 2

Year Y: Receptions 38, Yards 680, TDs 4

Year Z: Receptions 41, Yards 426, TDs 4

Chris Hogan stats, per year, for last three seasons not in order. You tell me which one was the huge impactful year with the Patriots:

Year X: Receptions 36, Yards 450, TDs 2

Year Y: Receptions 38, Yards 680, TDs 4

Year Z: Receptions 41, Yards 426, TDs 4

Year Y of course

Edited by Captain Murica

Year Y of course

Of course?

I suppose the YAC is what made it a huge year. Because it wasn't the total yards or the TDs.

Over 1/3 of that total for the year came in ONE GAME. That game was hyped by ESPN (go figure) and suddenly Hogan is a superstar for the Pats, far exceeding his Bills performance.

Nope. Typical Bill B. coaching - he'll pick a player that to focus on and exploit for a game, send the rest of the NFL running for an answer to stop that player, and choose someone else the next week.

I don't understand the negativity on here. I think the article supports a belief that many on here have had for a while. Winning begets winning. Winning causes an upbeat attitude. Winning causes buy-in from all the players. Winning creates camaraderie. It seems obvious, but they are valid observations.

Who gives two ***** what a backup running back thinks? He should be thankful the Bills gave him his break because before they did he was a scrap heap throw away. !@#$ him and !@#$ the Patriots.

He is not going to be a backup running back; he is going to be a rotation running back,

His response to your post if he was on this board: Who gives two pieces of dung what a UDFA just camp fodder thinks?

Who gives two ***** what a backup running back thinks? He should be thankful the Bills gave him his break because before they did he was a scrap heap throw away. !@#$ him and !@#$ the Patriots.

....FOURTEEN AFCE titles and FIVE LOMBARDIS tells me their recipe for success is working.....and put aside the cheatercrap if you want to have an intellectual discussion....and we've been waiting for Brady's demise/decline for how long?......they're good.............

Of course?

I suppose the YAC is what made it a huge year. Because it wasn't the total yards or the TDs.

Over 1/3 of that total for the year came in ONE GAME. That game was hyped by ESPN (go figure) and suddenly Hogan is a superstar for the Pats, far exceeding his Bills performance.

Nope. Typical Bill B. coaching - he'll pick a player that to focus on and exploit for a game, send the rest of the NFL running for an answer to stop that player, and choose someone else the next week.

I was just picking the year he played with the Pats, I've used these stats in an argument before stating how Hogan wasn't a different player in NE than he was here, which is the 4th option at WR.

That Steelers game in the snow in Buffalo convinced me that we were ready to move on from the Rex regime. I've been watching our Bills a long time, and never was I more let down about the fact that our team got pushed around so badly in that weather. I mean, that's OUR weather. That's our home field advantage. Instead, some of our players (not all) looked like they had never seen the stuff before. So, the things that our former players said about moving indoors when the weather turned lousy certainly showed up to me in that game in particular.

Now moving on to today, I'm very optimistic that our new coach is so detail oriented. I'm thinking he won't let the small details that that Boston Globe article talks about go by the wayside for an easier life for himself or the players. At least this is what we've been presented so far. We haven't played a down yet...but I like what I'm seeing so far. I'm liking the discipline and detail. Heck, they even got Dareus out there sweating in OTA.

Like I said, lets see how it plays out. But so far, I'm optimistic about the future with McDermott and Beane running things. Lets hope to a long regime where a detail oriented and winning philosophy can become ingrained into the culture and we can go back to owning the division for a while.

The Miami games were identical to that Pitts game, absolutely nauseating.......

let's see how much they love the Patriot's Way when Hogan and Gilislee are cut next offseason then the year after Gilmore is traded off to some other team.

They won't be able to trade Gilmore until 2020 at the earliest. And even then, it would still cost them $7.2M against the cap.

He better live up to that deal. But given he's missed 11 games over the past 4 years, and this while trying to mostly avoid contact...

The funny thing is the Pats front office is the most disloyal in the history of the NFL. They don't care about Mike or anyone else except Brady, and they've proven it time and time again.

A deceitful, smug organization that I would still loathe even if they werent in our division.

If they had any integrity they'd have plaques of pete carroll and dopey shanahan on their wall for handing them their past two championships by refusing to simply run the ball and close the deal.