Gillislee on the Patriot Way

stuvian

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex was a slob and a "players coach" who never pushed players or worked em too hard.

I feel like Marrone was the hard worker but let's not go there. Hopefully someone can turn it around but after 20 years I'm not getting my hopes up.

Rex was a slob and a "players coach" who never pushed players or worked em too hard.

I feel like Marrone was the hard worker but let's not go there. Hopefully someone can turn it around but after 20 years I'm not getting my hopes up.

McD is a hard worker. I have no doubt he's FILO, unlike Rex who was LIFO.

Not surprising...when talent, accountability, planning, and preparation are superior there is a major gap in wins and losses. Hopefully, McD can close the gap quickly -- but culture changes take time. I know its goofy -- but Wright's Uber ride is a sign that change is starting....it really is....

The thing that comes out in the story is that this is more than player accountability for just "showing up" -- this isn't like Geology 101 in college (the old Rocks for Jocks class) where you get the obligatory A or B for being there...this is about a standard of competition and excellence that players maintain and enforce....

The only thing I found shocking at all with how he said we are so weak in the weight room. How guys over there lifting 400 pounds easily hell I can do that

If you go back and look or listen McDermott said everything starts in the weight room maybe he understood something our previous coaches didn't

A couple things about that article.

That Steelers game in the snow in Buffalo convinced me that we were ready to move on from the Rex regime. I've been watching our Bills a long time, and never was I more let down about the fact that our team got pushed around so badly in that weather. I mean, that's OUR weather. That's our home field advantage. Instead, some of our players (not all) looked like they had never seen the stuff before. So, the things that our former players said about moving indoors when the weather turned lousy certainly showed up to me in that game in particular.

Now moving on to today, I'm very optimistic that our new coach is so detail oriented. I'm thinking he won't let the small details that that Boston Globe article talks about go by the wayside for an easier life for himself or the players. At least this is what we've been presented so far. We haven't played a down yet...but I like what I'm seeing so far. I'm liking the discipline and detail. Heck, they even got Dareus out there sweating in OTA.

Like I said, lets see how it plays out. But so far, I'm optimistic about the future with McDermott and Beane running things. Lets hope to a long regime where a detail oriented and winning philosophy can become ingrained into the culture and we can go back to owning the division for a while.

That Steelers game in the snow in Buffalo convinced me that we were ready to move on from the Rex regime. I've been watching our Bills a long time, and never was I more let down about the fact that our team got pushed around so badly in that weather. I mean, that's OUR weather. That's our home field advantage. Instead, some of our players (not all) looked like they had never seen the stuff before. So, the things that our former players said about moving indoors when the weather turned lousy certainly showed up to me in that game in particular.

A terrific observation..........

Now moving on to today, I'm very optimistic that our new coach is so detail oriented. I'm thinking he won't let the small details that that Boston Globe article talks about go by the wayside for an easier life for himself or the players. At least this is what we've been presented so far. We haven't played a down yet...but I like what I'm seeing so far. I'm liking the discipline and detail. Heck, they even got Dareus out there sweating in OTA.

Like I said, lets see how it plays out. But so far, I'm optimistic about the future with McDermott and Beane running things. Lets hope to a long regime where a detail oriented and winning philosophy can become ingrained into the culture and we can go back to owning the division for a while.

well said, our weather yet under DW we drafted players largely from southern schools who never played in it

Have you guys noticed that all of the practices have been in New Era instead of the bubble as well? I definitely think McDermott is onto something, we need to be a tough, gritty footballl team. Not the faux bullies that Rex promised we would become

When you say bubble you mean the field house?

I've said for years that the field house and bubble were a big mistake. The weather here should be their adventive. I remember one of the Bills commenting about playing indoors during the Toronto fiasco. They were glad because he didn't like playing in the bad weather. That is so wrong. It made me think back to Talley playing in short sleeves during a blizzard.

Edited by Original Byrd Man

I've done a good job of forgetting that Gilmore and Gilly went to the Pats this offseason. So, this article doesn't help me. I'm waiting for our first match up where Gilly and Hogan score all the TD's and Gilmore has a pick 6.

God I hate the Pats and now I have to hate their "grass is greener" asses too.

I find it funny that people are calling the Bills the Cheaters' farm team. They could win without (overpaying) all these guys.

I will say that Gilmore looks like a big loss. Hopefully White proves to be as good in time.

And for those who think the Bills are spending too much on Shady, they're paying their (top 4) RB's a combined $11.7M.

I find it funny that people are calling the Bills the Cheaters' farm team. They could win without (overpaying) all these guys.

I will say that Gilmore looks like a big loss. Hopefully White proves to be as good in time.

And for those who think the Bills are spending too much on Shady, they're paying their (top 4) RB's a combined $11.7M.

Ever notice how short the tenure is of ex-Bills on the Pats roster?