DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

30 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

:lol: I love that Jerome Corsi is still the star of the thread title.

Is there a way to recover all the thread title changes over time? It would he fun to rehash all the "bombshells" that clearly signaled..... we got him this time!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Is there a way to recover all the thread title changes over time? It would he fun to rehash all the "bombshells" that clearly signaled..... we got him this time!

That would be hilarious if possible. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Oh, that will happen at trial. When the evidence is presented. Just like with Trump's campaign manager and personal attorney who are either in jail or heading there 

21 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Gee, it's almost as if Davis is looking out for somebody's other than Cohen's best interests.

Davis' actions aren't that surprising knowing his background.  Still not sure why Cohen keeps heeding his advice.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Cohen's going to get more jail time :lol: 

In fairness, Cohen didn't lie. He never asked for a pardon, he had his attorney do it for him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Gee, it's almost as if Davis is looking out for somebody's other than Cohen's best interests.

Davis' actions aren't that surprising knowing his background.  Still not sure why Cohen keeps heeding his advice.

Future filled with book deals, movie rights, sweet spot on TV as a pundit. There are lots of promises to keep. 

I hope he rots in jail. 

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Easy answer....

Davis promised Cohen that with his co-operation, Trump will be impeached, and Hillary will assume her rightful place as Queen of the US. She will then, out of the kindness of her heart, grant such pardon upon Cohen.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Easy answer....

Davis promised Cohen that with his co-operation, Trump will be impeached, and Hillary will assume her rightful place as Queen of the US. She will then, out of the kindness of her heart, grant such pardon upon Cohen.

Mike Pence may have something to say about that.

36 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Wonder how much Trump spent to pay off the judge...

We will need at least 3 Congressional committees and an independent special counsel to find out. It will only take 3 years and a total budget of $450,000,000 to get to the bottom of this dastardly conspiracy.

• Haha (+1) 2

I don't understand this thread but I'm always willing to learn...

2 guys very close to Trump and part of his election team are going to prison.  So these guys were acting on their own?  That's hard to buy.  Seems like a lot of celebrating for Manafort "only getting 47 months." How is this not bad for Trump?  

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

2 guys very close to Trump and part of his election team are going to prison.  So these guys were acting on their own?  That's hard to buy.  Seems like a lot of celebrating for Manafort "only getting 47 months." How is this not bad for Trump?  

Shirley.

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

What he was convicted of has nothing to do with President Trump or the Trump administration. At all. Zero. Nada. Bupkiss. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, section122 said:

First, it's no shame to say you don't understand this thread. For one thing, it's massive and meandering. A lot of baseline information is buried 200+ pages back. 

Second, Manafort was in all likelihood a plant and not working on his own (but also not for Trump). 

7 hours ago, section122 said:

I agree with others here that there is no evidence of Trump collusion with Russia. 

But i also see that he surrounds himself with dirtbags and has a long history of shady affairs. He’s a bad dude and it’s a continuing shame that we don’t demand more from him. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

He’s a bad dude and it’s a continuing shame that we don’t demand more from him. 

And what would be on your wish list?

4 minutes ago, GG said:

And what would be on your wish list?

As a voter I like someone of higher moral fiber. Someone who doesn’t act on whims. Someone who considers the possibility that the people around him know what they are talking about. Someone not obsessed with his perception in the media. 

But I’m still impressed by some of the things he’s been able to do despite his inability to engage the majority of the country. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

52 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

As a voter I like someone of higher moral fiber. Someone who doesn’t act on whims. Someone who considers the possibility that the people around him know what they are talking about. Someone not obsessed with his perception in the media. 

But I’m still impressed by some of the things he’s been able to do despite his inability to engage the majority of the country. 

All of his personal traits were on full display and acknowledged as a risk leading up to the election.  Since then, he's defied every reasonable doubter by being a pretty darned good POTUS.   The only criticism now left is from Sally Fields of the world who cannot imagine that others won't like them because the President acts out a boorish persona.  The people for whom results matter more than style, don't give a damn.  

The ironic part is that people who know and interact with Trump the person, as opposed to Trump the public persona, almost always refer to him as a nice guy.  Funny, how that is, right?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Manafort was rich and well connected--on both sides of the Atlantic!--so he gets a light sentence. Shocking display of how the wealthy get treated in the criminal justice system. 

Scott Hechinger, a senior staff attorney at Brooklyn Defender Services, an organization that provides legal representation to defendants who cannot afford it, used one of his recent clients, who was just offered a 36-to-72-month sentence, as an example. The crime? Stealing $100-worth of quarters from a residential laundry room. Hechinger’s client may wind up doing more time than Manafort, a man who defrauded the Internal Revenue Service out of $6 million.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2019/03/08/legal-community-lashes-out-inequity-manaforts-mind-boggling-month-sentence/?utm_term=.50129666bb4c

GG=Total f'n idiot! :lol:

Interesting that they don't tell you that the only way a 3 to 6 year indeterminate sentence is legal in NY is that the client is a second felony offender, and that prison is mandatory.

Being a "residential laundry room", he is likely charged with Burglary 2nd, a class C violent felony with a maximum sentence of 15 years (plus a period of post-release parole supervision.) Pleading it down to Burglary 3rd (a non-violent felony) with that sentence isn't necessarily the worst deal in the world, especially if the guy has previous violent felony convictions on his record.

Edited by Koko78