Posting on TSW

First I would like to express gratitude for the updates, insight, and engaging discussion that occurs on this TSW. I rely on this website as my primary source of all things bills, and have done so for years. I rarely post, but lurk on almost all threads concerning the latest with the team. That being said, I felt compelled to speak up specifically about the worst aspect of this message board, and most likely all message boards: derision and trolling. It seems that more than half of the posts on TSW are confronted with snide comments and cheap sarcasm, often devolving into a petty flame war. What those involved don't realize, or perhaps don't care to consider, is that it ruins the thread for everyone else. If you see a post that seems stupid or ill-advised, appeal to your better judgment and just ignore it; if it is so, it'll go away on its own. Some fans have radical views. Others are less informed than others. But I have to say that I sigh heavily every time I follow a thread and it stoops to mockery and derision. This is not an anti-bullying campaign or a big ego stroke on my part. I am posting this for selfish reasons, because I don't want to waste my time reading petty arguments, and I am convinced that many feel the same. Not to mention that it discourages discussion, which is why this board exists. How about we all agree we love our woeful Bills and want to see them win. Post stuff that other people would like to read even if they don't agree with it, this message board would be far more pleasant for it. Go BILLS!

On the flip side, posters need to stop posting multiple threads about the same thing or taking their crusade through other people's posts.

Most of the comments are in response to this issue.

People seem to think that if their post doesn't get a good response, that they need to say it over and over again or create a new thread to make sure it's seen.

Or they hate TT and need to preach.

On the flip side, posters need to stop posting multiple threads about the same thing or taking their crusade through other people's posts.

People seem to think that if their post doesn't get a good response, that they need to say it over and over again or create a new thread to make sure it's seen.

And we all know who they are..... Enough! Make your point, fine. Club everyone over the head with it over and over and it's no longer fun or welcome.

And we all know who they are..... Enough! Make your point, fine. Club everyone over the head with it over and over and it's no longer fun or welcome.

i think if someone has a crusade they should just put it in their signature. It must be a pain to type out the same 2 or 3 things over and over just in case we didn't catch it the first 300 times. Or do they have a template where they copy and paste. Or do their posts autocorrect if they try to type a new or different thought. Always wondered.

i think if someone has a crusade they should just put it in their signature. It must be a pain to type out the same 2 or 3 things over and over just in case we didn't catch it the first 300 times. Or do they have a template where they copy and paste. Or do their posts autocorrect if they try to type a new or different thought. Always wondered.

The signature makes sense, but I don't think that will get them all the attention they sadly crave. At some point they have to know they are not changing minds, so why continue if not for the attention?

First I would like to express gratitude for the updates, insight, and engaging discussion that occurs on this TSW. I rely on this website as my primary source of all things bills, and have done so for years. I rarely post, but lurk on almost all threads concerning the latest with the team. That being said, I felt compelled to speak up specifically about the worst aspect of this message board, and most likely all message boards: derision and trolling. It seems that more than half of the posts on TSW are confronted with snide comments and cheap sarcasm, often devolving into a petty flame war. What those involved don't realize, or perhaps don't care to consider, is that it ruins the thread for everyone else. If you see a post that seems stupid or ill-advised, appeal to your better judgment and just ignore it; if it is so, it'll go away on its own. Some fans have radical views. Others are less informed than others. But I have to say that I sigh heavily every time I follow a thread and it stoops to mockery and derision. This is not an anti-bullying campaign or a big ego stroke on my part. I am posting this for selfish reasons, because I don't want to waste my time reading petty arguments, and I am convinced that many feel the same. Not to mention that it discourages discussion, which is why this board exists. How about we all agree we love our woeful Bills and want to see them win. Post stuff that other people would like to read even if they don't agree with it, this message board would be far more pleasant for it. Go BILLS!

Im going to strive to do this going forward.....its not gonna change peoples opinions anyway

Or they won't hear anything bad about TT and need to preach.

Virtually every time it becomes a problem it's because there are people on both sides. Pretending that it's only the other side that has the problem is missing the entire point. "Yes, the people who disagree with me have a problem with needing to preach," is like saying "Man, elections suck. Damn that _________ Party that I don't like. They always say things that I don't like to hear, forcing me and my friends to reply angrily."

On any issue, it only becomes a problem if there are people on both sides joining in and contributing to the morass.

Edited by Thurman#1

So we're supposed to just ignore people who can't be bothered to learn how to use the site, so you don't have to read arguments? And you can't even break your word salad up into paragraphs so we can read it? Nah sorry. Not gonna do anything you said.

You claim the site is unreadable because of all the "petty" squabbles. How readable would it be with 30 frigging threads all on the same topic all on the front page because morons just NEED to start their own topic instead of just commenting in existing threads?

Exactly why the BBMB became so dreadful....

No kidding. Really not hard to see why that got shut down.

Or they won't hear anything bad about TT and need to preach.

There is definitely preaching on both sides on Tyrod. Personally I find the pro-Tyrod people tend to be more dismissive of other perspectives than the anti-Tyrod people. He is the Quarterback this year. I think the issue should be put firmly in the box marked "do not open again until the games start".

gallows humor from missing the playoffs for so long

Certainly part of it. Hard too get excited unless McBeane is the next coming of Lombardi.

This will be a rough season IMO. So sick of irrelevant football. So are others. the posts,

the remarks, the pettiness, all reflect the product we devour called the Buffalo Bills. So in a sense

sarcasm rules. this is a sports site still worth reading. Good stuff here. Of course some here 24/7 can get a tad old.

I will include the Buffalo Sabres based on watching the playoffs and realizing they are not close either.

Good news: the purge was almost complete. Brandon remains. But This new regime is a make or break type deal.

I would like too think it will succeed after a slow start. I think the coach will put the time in. And has a modern football

brain Unlike Rex. Really this is the best although unproven HC since Wade. One maybe two more seasons of pain

but staedy improvement then the Bills will own the division. And make some noise in the NFL. I think #14 bolts for

greener pastures. Thay would suck!!! His injuries are a concern but the kid is only 23. somewhere he is going to rip this league up.

Totally agree. Thank you for posting this. I don't bother to post on this board anymore for these exact reasons. Very discouraging.

Great thread.....debating on how to debate

the debaters vs the non debaters

the info seekers vs the info commenters

SDS and the mods should stay up 24-7 to insure it meets all the standards for billsgrp88 who is not a participator just a lurker. This is not a news site, it is a sharing and commentary site

we all know you can get the best info from Jerry Sullivan column and ESPN

To the OP, you can try the Ignore Preferences function if you recognize the same posters are annoying you over and over. Let me know if you need to know how/where to find it. It's a great way to customize the board. Of course, if you are already ignoring ME you won't see this :)

To the OP, you can try the Ignore Preferences function if you recognize the same posters are annoying you over and over. Let me know if you need to know how/where to find it. It's a great way to customize the board. Of course, if you are already ignoring ME you won't see this :)

I was just going to mention the ignore feature. I only have 2 on ignore at the moment, but what a huge difference it makes reading some of the threads!

I think DC Tom's bot should be available for everyone to see in conjunction with the ignore.

It erases someone's message in a reply and insults them. Its just perfect

This is spot on, but admittedly it is difficult to keep focused on, SDS runs this site on his own dime, for the most part, the moderators do their best in whatever free time they are willing to devote to it. But we can lose site that in fact, this site is for trolling and throwing things against the wall to see if they gain traction. This is not a news site, nor is it a news aggregator, despite the efforts of some to provide timely updates. We all need to grow some thicker skin here and realize we are all in this for one reason, success by our favorite team(except for Chef who jumped ship to the Vegas Raiders).

Great thread.....debating on how to debate

the debaters vs the non debaters

the info seekers vs the info commenters

SDS and the mods should stay up 24-7 to insure it meets all the standards for billsgrp88 who is not a participator just a lurker. This is not a news site, it is a sharing and commentary site

we all know you can get the best info from Jerry Sullivan column and ESPN

Is this a safe space? Pretty pathetic that some people are hurt, upset or feel they are being attacked when someone questions their opinions or position on a given topic. Get over it. Have you ever had a boss call you a "dumb ass" or ask "what are you stupid?" Have you ever had a client scream at you or tell you to "!@#$ off"? This board is candyland compared to real life confrontation. In fact, it's !@#$ing entertainment. I'm not here to pet you and tell you everything will be fine. I'm not here to applaud every dumbass comment you make.

If people would relax a little and have some fun (and not take every comment about them seriously) you might find the enjoyment many of us experienced before this place turned into a bubble wrapped garden of daisies.

It's fun to bust each other's chops and I've even tried to do so with new members like Teef (who is a cool dude)...but alas, sensitivity is the new buzz word (right after "optics").

Geesh.

It is one thing to be face to face, having a good time, busting chops, etc. You can read body language, hear sarcasm, say something ridiculous or outrageous, and wink.

I also rarely post (except for my annual fundraiser) and I enjoy some of the playful comments, but when the thread "stoops to mockery and derision", I go to another thread or site.

YES, I come here for entertainment and have a very thick skin. My chops have been busted to the breaking point - in good humor!

To my point of view, bad behavior is NOT entertainment.

To SDS and the Moderators, and many who contribute to the Wall, thank you for making this STILL my #1 Bills site. I have been here since day one and do not plan to change. :thumbsup:

To SDS and the Moderators, and many who contribute to the Wall, thank you for making this STILL my #1 Bills site. I have been here since day one and do not plan to change. :thumbsup:

Alright, guys. Another failed attempt to get rid of rockpile. It was a nice effort. Shutting down BBMB, bringing in new guys. Looks like the old man isn't budging. Back to the drawing board.

Just read the first post. That way you won't subject yourself to all the remarks.