2018 NFL Mock Draft: Bills land QB

Boooo!!!...if we are finally drafting our franchise QB, I do not want the one that still has to improve as a passer....

Anyone of Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Falk will do just fine...no more gimmick QBs.

Edited by JaCrispy

6. Buffalo Bills

Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville: The reigning Heisman Trophy winner still has room to improve as a passer and his development (or lack of) as a junior will determine where he is drafted next April.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-49ers-take-rb-no-2-overall-bills-land-a-heisman-winning-qb/

Nope, Sam Darnold

Boooo!!!...if we are finally drafting our franchise QB, I do not want the one that still has to improve as a passer....

Anyone of Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Falk will do just fine...no more gimmick QBs.

Nope, Sam Darnold

Darnold and Rosen were gone ahead of our pick in their mock draft (Darnold #1 to Cleveland & Rosen #3 to NYJ).

But I agree. As of now, Darnold or Rosen would be my main targets, with Allen coming in closely behind, and Falk is very enticing too. A lot can happen between now and next season, though. Let's see what they do this year, first.

I definitely want more of an accurate pocket passer than a mobile, runner/athlete type QB (and the Peterman pick + what McDermott said afterwards has me hopeful for the first time in a while that the Bills might actually prioritize that).

100% agree on this....

You can take Mayfield off the list and I think Rosen might have some "character concerns" of his own. Not in my book, but still some will say they are there.

I think Darnold will be the best QB in this class by far and away.

If Allen improves his accuracy he'll absolutely push Darnold, but I think Lamar will most likely be a late first rounder to second rounder if that.

I mean people knocked Watson's accuracy while having a 68% comp rating.

Yet Jackson has been hovering at 56% if I'm not mistaken.

I get that it's fun to talk about what players a team can shoot for in the future, but enough with the mock drafts! I think of the major draft gurus the best performance this year was ... wait for it ... exactly two players in the 1st round going to the predicted team! (Trades will do that). It's just the tiredest clickbait out there now. Please, a moratorium on mock draft posts!

I get that it's fun to talk about what players a team can shoot for in the future, but enough with the mock drafts! I think of the major draft gurus the best performance this year was ... wait for it ... exactly two players in the 1st round going to the predicted team! (Trades will do that). It's just the tiredest clickbait out there now. Please, a moratorium on mock draft posts!

We have two first rounders, in a draft that is supposed to have very good QB prospects...

You will hear more about college football this year than the actual Bills because of that.

Unless TT absolutely blows the roof off the building, I firmly believe there will be a strong QB watch going on.

We have two first rounders, in a draft that is supposed to have very good QB prospects...

You will hear more about college football this year than the actual Bills because of that.

Unless TT absolutely blows the roof off the building, I firmly believe there will be a strong QB watch going on.

Oh, I'm fine with a QB watch. Let's get posts every Sunday this fall about how the top QB prospects are doing. Just. No. Mock. Drafts.

Oh, I'm fine with a QB watch. Let's get posts every Sunday this fall about how the top QB prospects are doing. Just. No. Mock. Drafts.

Fair enough lol. I'll absolutely do a QB watch. Especially since we all know there will be a guy out of the blue that comes in and shoots up the rankings.

I just think mocks are an easier way for some fans to find out about players.

Sam Darnold isn't top tier QB, IMO. His arm strength is below average. I think Josh Rosen will be the clear cut "guy" by this seasons end.

I don't think you are serious. Either that or you are just trying to stir the pot...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788541/article/usc-qb-sam-darnold-generating-buzz-at-2017-nfl-combine

Darnold is the real deal. Is there a possibility he comes back to Earth? Absolutely! However, Darnold has a perfectly good arm.

future mock drafts are for amusement and entertainment purposes only.

all sorts of variables can change these way to early predictions.

nothing wrong with thinking long term.

interesting how some folks knowingly come to a topic that irritates them to make negative comments ???

McShay's way-too-early 2018 NFL mock draft

#8 Derwin James, S, Florida State*

Listed at 6-foot-3 and 211 pounds, James has great size. He showed his potential as a true freshman by racking up a team-high 52 solo tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, four pass breakups and two forced fumbles. James missed all but two games in 2016 after tearing his meniscus versus Charleston Southern.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/insider/story/_/id/19294111/todd-mcshay-way-too-early-2018-mock-draft-nfl-draft

Darnold and Rosen were gone ahead of our pick in their mock draft (Darnold #1 to Cleveland & Rosen #3 to NYJ).

But I agree. As of now, Darnold or Rosen would be my main targets, with Allen coming in closely behind, and Falk is very enticing too. A lot can happen between now and next season, though. Let's see what they do this year, first.

I definitely want more of an accurate pocket passer than a mobile, runner/athlete type QB (and the Peterman pick + what McDermott said afterwards has me hopeful for the first time in a while that the Bills might actually prioritize that).

But what if KC gets the top pick in the draft ;)

Why is that ?

Sam Darnold isn't top tier QB, IMO. His arm strength is below average. I think Josh Rosen will be the clear cut "guy" by this seasons end.

Below average ?! :D.

Go back and watch the tape.

Read the paragraph by Daniel Jeremiah about IDEAL ARM STRENGTH.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788541/article/usc-qb-sam-darnold-generating-buzz-at-2017-nfl-combine

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Mock drafts are like patting yourself on your back for you got more than 50% on a true-false quiz; mock drafts for future re like patting yourself on your back for signing up for such a test next year. Advertisers for mock draft sites should be things like lotteries and Publisher's Clearinghouse.