Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

@nickcaminoWTAM

Per @AlbertBreer, Sam Darnold will want to wait and see who has the top pick or two in the NFL Draft. If it's Browns, he could stay at USC.

..."funny" how all of the pre-season hype had the QB Class of 2018 as "one for the ages".....now the picture more realistically is about as clear as mud.....maybe we should trade our two 1sts in 2018 for two 1sts in 2019 when that class will be assuredly "better", right??............

..."funny" how all of the pre-season hype had the QB Class of 2018 as "one for the ages".....now the picture more realistically is about as clear as mud.....maybe we should trade our two 1sts in 2018 for two 1sts in 2019 when that class will be assuredly "better", right??............

I still the QBs that are eligible to come out are pretty solid this year. Not really as many "sure things" as people wanted there to be, but more potential than in recent years.

As far as who actually declares, nobody every knows that.

This is okay with me. Trade our firsts for early to mid seconds and next year firsts. That way, this year we have 4 seconds, a third, and next year, 3 firsts.

@nickcaminoWTAM

Per @AlbertBreer, Sam Darnold will want to wait and see who has the top pick or two in the NFL Draft. If it's Browns, he could stay at USC.

Breer also mentioned on Cowherd that Haslem is good friends with Peyton Manning, and he might consider a John Elway type role, which MIGHT influence Darnold that it’s OK.

Gil Brandt ✔@Gil_Brandt

Keep hearing good things about 2 QB prospects on rise: @SpiderFootball's Kyle Lauletta (6-3, 206) & @WKUFootball's Mike White (6-4, 227)

3:29 PM - Oct 24, 2017

I’d like to say that I first heard about Kyle Lauletta from my good friend, Will Stevenson (twitter handle is @DraftMarvel) back around March. If you are on Twitter and are interested in draft talk, especially when it pertains to QBs, he’s a must follow

Another tread by The Rev.Mattb74 ESQ., thanks for a good article

• Thank you (+1) 1

I usually have to flip between two games to see the QB’s I want to watch. I get it all on one channel today. I like Rudolph from what I’ve seen, but I’ve seen almost zero Mayfield.....update: he just threw a terrible pick. I may be bad luck...

Yep.... watching these two duel it out is fun. This is the best I have seen Mayfield play... he always seems to have played down a bit when I have watched him, but not tonight. 

I think these are both 1st round quarterbacks. Which you prefer probably depends on how you wanna run your offense. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yep.... watching these two duel it out is fun. This is the best I have seen Mayfield play... he always seems to have played down a bit when I have watched him, but not tonight. 

I think these are both 1st round quarterbacks. Which you prefer probably depends on how you wanna run your offense. 

Great fun if you hate defense. ;)

I found quote from Rudolph's HC telling. Wouldn't go as far as calling him a first rounder. Said he'd play ten years in league (sounds like career backup). Then says Washington is a future Hall of Famer. 

I also think both guys go mid to late first round. I like both for either of Bills first rounders, but not more than that. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it was more not sure he will be seen as a 1st rounder rather than "I don't think he is one" at least based on how the announcers described it. But yea... high praise for Washington. 

I like them both as targets for the Bills depending on where we end up picking.

Maybe. But QBs almost always go higher than expected, not lower. Especially if thought of fairly highly. Like borderline first round. 

I like him though. Throws a nice ball. 

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

Ryan Finley is flying up boards

I am a fan of Finley as well...

What's concerning about this crop of QB's, for the offense RD runs, many (outside of Rosen & Darnold) are not taking the snap from under the center.

So my question, what's the learning curve for them or does RD start to change the design of the offense to the talent at hand?

PASSING CP-ATT-INT YDS TD LONG
Baker Mayfield 21-31-1 487 4 84

PASSING CP-ATT-INT YDS TD LONG
Mason Rudolph 20-35-1 339 4 60
Total 20-35-1 339 4  

All of this with 12:30 still to go in the game!  The QBs have put on a show.  The defenses on the other hand........

Baker Mayfield has always concerned me a little bit because of his height.  We know first had how that can hurt QB production.  However, there are guys that make it work without a problem.  Maybe he will be one of them.  Accurate QB with an above average arm.  He actually reminds me a little bit of Brees, but a little more mobile.  Definitely a guys to keep an eye on.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Baker Mayfield has always concerned me a little bit because of his height.  We know first had how that can hurt QB production.  However, there are guys that make it work without a problem.  Maybe he will be one of them.  Accurate QB with an above average arm.  He actually reminds me a little bit of Brees, but a little more mobile.  Definitely a guys to keep an eye on.

He's very small. I think he's two inches shorter than Brees. It's problematic. Russell Wilson is a freak. Long arms. Throws right over his head. Ridiculous ability to find lanes. Very, very few guys are able to overcome it. It's not impossible, just unlikely. Huge talent though. I would probably take the chance and keep Tyrod. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just watching last couple of plays of OSU game. His throws to the sideline, 12-15 yard patterns the balls are a bit slow getting there. Not really impressed with that zip. Though analyst did say he has lost some zip in his arm and may be having an arm problem. I hope that's what it is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.