Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

The wider the qb pool is the greater the chance that we don't have to trade away draft picks to select a good prospect. Having more draft picks to add an infusion of talent will accelerate the rebuild process and allow this new regime to build the roster the way they want to.

This would be the best case scenario.

It would be great to use all of our 6 picks without having to trade away any of them.

Not that I expect him to come out in 2018, but that Josh Jackson kid from Ann Arbor won the starting job at Tech Yolo.

he would not be eligible in 2018, correct? This is his second year of college (I think)

6'2" 3 star dual threat -- super smart kid

Edited by YoloinOhio

Here's a guy that could rise up the charts this year. Small school guy with great physical tools like Wentz in 2016....not sure if he'll fly up the draft boards like him but you never know this time of year. Another big plus....plays in a pro style offense right now at WKU.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/mike-white-quarterback-western-kentucky-nfl-draft-outlook-heisman-odds/1luv07l6svzly11lxhvonirlyb

White helms a pro-style offense that allows him to make multiple reads as a passer, make multiple post-snap decisions and handle pre-snap audible and adjustments.

It’s that ability to control, to adjust, to outsmart opposing teams, that gets White excited. Despite passing for more than 4,000 yards and 37 touchdowns in 2016, White’s favorite play from last year is a run. After recognizing a defensive line shift alignment, White audibled to a backside run.

One of the important characteristics of a great quarterback is courage. The willingness to drop back and deliver and take big hits,” Spurrier said. “He has a lot to offer, but that’s the one thing that’s clear. He has that courage, that toughness, to be a great quarterback.”

As White and Spurrier finish installing WKU’s new offense, NFL teams ready for a breakout season from the quarterback. I told Spurrier that White was firmly on NFL radars, and is expected to be one of the best quarterbacks in the country. Spurrier said he knew White was special shortly after taking the job, when ge ran into Archie Manning at a coach conference, who nearly immediately said he wanted Spurrier's new quarterback at the Peyton Manning Passing Academy.

White isn’t worried about the competition at quarterback this season, even with guys like Darnold of USC and Josh Allen of Wyoming. White saw Darnold up close at the Manning Passing Academy and roomed with Allen at the event.

“They’re both really good, and really good guys. I watch a lot of Sam at USC. I watch a lot of college football,” White said. “There’s a lot of good quarterbacks in the country.”

You won’t find White in any first-round NFL Mock drafts yet. He’s a 100-to-1 Heisman contender right now, lumped in with receivers, first-year starters, and even his former South Florida competitor in Flowers. White has been counted out as underdog for his entire football playing career. He only had one year as a high school starter, a losing record at South Florida, was forced to transfer away from his home state and change offenses three times in five years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.