Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Just worry about the fit, or a John Elway/Eli Manning type of situation. It IS buffalo after all.

I'm not going to worry about that. Darnold is the #1 player on essentially every big board right now. He's a big, strong, pro style QB who very much looks the part of NFL Franchise QB.

Allen is a bit more raw, but I think his upside is enormous. He looks a lot like Big Ben in terms of size, mobility and arm strength. He's a gun slinger who would give real life to our passing game.

I'm not going to worry about that. Darnold is the #1 player on essentially every big board right now. He's a big, strong, pro style QB who very much looks the part of NFL Franchise QB.

Allen is a bit more raw, but I think his upside is enormous. He looks a lot like Big Ben in terms of size, mobility and arm strength. He's a gun slinger who would give real life to our passing game.

I for one doubt we can finish last this year. Or even 2nd to last.

Can someone explain the Josh Allen hype? 56%, 28 tds, 15 INTs in the mountain west doesn't scream NFL qb? Is it because he is tall and can throw far?

I have this awful nightmare of winning enough games not to get a top 3 pick and settling for the 3 or 4 best qb in this draft.

It's a fair question. Cardale's numbers were much better (against better competition) and everyone said he was too inaccurate.

Can someone explain the Josh Allen hype? 56%, 28 tds, 15 INTs in the mountain west doesn't scream NFL qb? Is it because he is tall and can throw far?

I have this awful nightmare of winning enough games not to get a top 3 pick and settling for the 3 or 4 best qb in this draft.

I don't want to nail myself to a mast on Allen before watching more but the bits I have seen I do not see a 1st round Quarterback.

I don't want to nail myself to a mast on Allen before watching more but the bits I have seen I do not see a 1st round Quarterback.

I posted this link on another topic so I apologize for the redundancy. This is a 17 minute segment on WGR with Schoop talking to Eric Galko about this year's rookie qb prospects and next years. He is much more upbeat in his assessment in this year's rookie qb class than many are here. He's also positive about this upcoming class.

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/8-24-eric-galko-optimum-scouting-talks-quarterbacks-mike-schoppmp3

Big arm. We'll see how he does in year 2, he was only a sophomore after all.

I posted this link on another topic so I apologize for the redundancy. This is a 17 minute segment on WGR with Schoop talking to Eric Galko about this year's rookie qb prospects and next years. He is much more upbeat in his assessment in this year's rookie qb class than many are here. He's also positive about this upcoming class.

http://www.wgr550.com/media/audio-channel/8-24-eric-galko-optimum-scouting-talks-quarterbacks-mike-schoppmp3

Galko says he thinks Jarrett Stidham has a chance to be a sleeper like Trubisky was going into last year...Stidham was a five star recruit who had to sit out last year because he transferred from Baylor to get away from the scandal...He is at Auburn now and I will definitely be keeping a close eye on him.

Edited by JaCrispy

I love his physical tools and I also like that he isn't surround by blue chip talent. But completing 56% in that conference is a huge red flag. People loved Connor Cook but he was like a 56% passer in college and hasn't shown much at the NFL level.

Big qbs with strong arms are like super models. However, most of these supermodels are airheads and don't have much going on but being hot.

I'd love for him to be good. I love good qbs plus it makes more talent for us.

But for a guy being talked about being a #1 type pick, I don't get it.

Jim Kelly was the 3rd QB drafted in his class and Dan Marino was the 6th QB taken the same year.

Jim Kelly was the 3rd QB drafted in his class and Dan Marino was the 6th QB taken the same year.

That's true and the next draft will be the 35th anniversary of that. 35 years ago Return of the Jedi was the top grossing film, Every Breath you Take by the Police was the top song, Dallas was the top rated TV show, the IBM computer and Cabbage Patch Dolls were invented that year. A lot has changed since then.

I couldn't care less about where someone is from.

Darnold is an amazing player. Allen's raw talent is incredible. We desperately need a legit blue chip QB to build a team around for the next 5 years.

Zactly!

He plays in pro style offense with many deep balls, thus the lower percentage. The spread has a lot of quick, short throws and bubble screens inflating percentage.

Allen is a senior.

Galko says he thinks Jarrett Stidham has a chance to be a sleeper like Trubisky was going into last year...Stidham was a five star recruit who had to sit out last year because he transferred from Baylor to get away from the scandal...He is at Auburn now and I will definitely be keeping a close eye on him.

I watched Stidham vs Oklahoma, Kansas St, and in Auburn's Spring Game...I'm impressed...We have to keep in mind he was a true Freshman when he came in at Baylor...He did not look out of place at all...He seems to really like pushing the ball down field, so it should be interesting to see how much they let him at Auburn...

Let's see how he does vs those SEC D's...But if he does well Stidham can rocket up the QB Rankings should he decide to go one and done... B-)

He plays in pro style offense with many deep balls, thus the lower percentage. The spread has a lot of quick, short throws and bubble screens inflating percentage.

Allen is a senior.

Good point. His YPA is way up there. I think Allen is a redshirt junior, though.

Zactly!

Allen is a senior.

he is a junior I believe? He went to junior college his first year and this will be his third season at Wyoming.

The wider the qb pool is the greater the chance that we don't have to trade away draft picks to select a good prospect. Having more draft picks to add an infusion of talent will accelerate the rebuild process and allow this new regime to build the roster the way they want to.

Stidham is the only guy on my preseason watch list for whom I haven't gotten a chance to do an initial workup, so I'll be watching him very closely this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.