Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

The article says Falk is obsessed with copying Brady, even down to his nutrition...he is a leader on and off the field and is loved by everyone...Don't be surprised if this guy is the 1st or 2nd QB off the board, especially if Darnold stays in school...Bills would be very fortunate to get Falk...let's just hope the teams ahead of us are dumb enough not to take him.

As of right now... I give a big, fat, NO to Luke Falk... For lots of reasons.... Not the least of which being his clumsiness, and lack of awareness in the pocket... Yes, he has a big arm, but that's about it...

Unless something changes drastically in the next six months, you're looking at a project QB, at most.

As of right now... I give a big, fat, NO to Luke Falk... For lots of reasons.... Not the least of which being his clumsiness, and lack of awareness in the pocket... Yes, he has a big arm, but that's about it...

Unless something changes drastically in the next six months, you're looking at a project QB, at most.

I don't know if you have been watching Falk at all because for starters he doesn't have that big of an arm and he's actually very comfortable and smooth in Leach's offense. So, I don't get the clumsy and lack of awareness in the pocket.

air-raid offenses scare me, QBs (Falk/Washington St) from those systems rarely pan out in the NFL.

I havent looked at the possible QBs for the next draft yet, but i would like to see the Bills find a guy who can read defenses, the whole field, and throw with anticipation. Dont care about arm strength (anything above a noodle for an arm is fine). Guy has to be intelligent enough to understand all the variables on the field. Even a mediocre passing threat will create offensive balance. One trick ponies at the QB spot let defenses off easy. You have to run and throw to win in this league.

Edited by bigduke6

Have you watched many of his games? Just curious because from what I've seen he's pretty smooth and doesn't really have a huge cannon for an arm. I'm by no means a QB expert, but I like what I've seen of him. I also have liked what I've seen from UW's Browning. Edited by Maynard

...perhaps actually PLAYING the 2017 collegiate season brings some semblance to all of these wild prognostications that are laughable.......hell even the Weather Channel won't forecast September 2017 yet....go figure.....

These guys have been heavily scouted already though. Some guys will rise, others will fall but in general we know the candidates and roughly how many will be 1st rounders. Edited by Kirby Jackson

These guys have been heavily scouted already though. Some guys will rise, others will fall but in general we know the candidates and roughly how many will be 1st rounders.

Which begs the question: what do you think the over/under is on how many go in the first round?

5 (Jets, Bills, 49ers, Cardinals, Browns, Miami, Chargers, Redskins, Jags, and more are all candidates)

Not the Jags, Doug is just going to hand it off on every play! :)

I pray the Jets acquisition of Kaepernick allows them to win enough games to miss the best guys.

Not the Jags, Doug is just going to hand it off on every play! :)

I pray the Jets acquisition of Kaepernick allows them to win enough games to miss the best guys.

i dont think u can classify what the Jets have this year as an NFL team. thats how bad they will be. of course its part of the plan tho.

i dont think u can classify what the Jets have this year as an NFL team. thats how bad they will be. of course its part of the plan tho.

That's why the Kaep addition doesn't make a ton of sense to me. He could be the difference between 2 wins and 4ish. That could move them to pick 3-4 instead of 1 or 2. They are going to be awful either way but why put yourself in position to miss the top guys?

Keep this in mind when arguing over which of the likely top picks is the best (Darnold, Rosen, Falk, Mayfield, et al) that at this time last year, hardly anyone outside USC and his family and friends knew who Sam Darnold was. In other words, good as all these guys are, we could all be surprised by a breakout season by someone unknown to us right now.

I don't know if you have been watching Falk at all because for starters he doesn't have that big of an arm and he's actually very comfortable and smooth in Leach's offense. So, I don't get the clumsy and lack of awareness in the pocket.

Have you watched many of his games? Just curious because from what I've seen he's pretty smooth and doesn't really have a huge cannon for an arm. I'm by no means a QB expert, but I like what I've seen of him. I also have liked what I've seen from UW's Browning.

Falk's arm strength is potent, IMO... Yes, I've seen his games, and beyond that arm, there's plenty to worry about.... Some things could improve between now and January... My advice to any fan who thinks he's "our guy" is

to watch the big games... Boise St on 9/9, USC on 9/29, Cal on 10/13, STAN on 11/4, and UW on 11/25...

Edited by #34fan

That's why the Kaep addition doesn't make a ton of sense to me. He could be the difference between 2 wins and 4ish. That could move them to pick 3-4 instead of 1 or 2. They are going to be awful either way but why put yourself in position to miss the top guys?

:D lol morons, hope he does just enough , I'm all in on the KC tank!!!

These guys have been heavily scouted already though. Some guys will rise, others will fall but in general we know the candidates and roughly how many will be 1st rounders.

...but who knows realistically how 2017 plays out, injury outlook , etc......not to mention who stays and who declares.........I say let 2017 unfold before getting too hyped..............

Exactly!

...but who knows realistically how 2017 plays out, injury outlook , etc......not to mention who stays and who declares.........I say let 2017 unfold before getting too hyped..............

I get that, but you go with the odds based upon what you know and expect.

Oh, it's certainly early. A year ago this time people were talking about tanking for Watson. He ended up as a top 10 pick. A lot of these guys we are talking about will be in the mix.

Oh, it's certainly early. A year ago this time people were talking about tanking for Watson. He ended up as a top 10 pick. A lot of these guys we are talking about will be in the mix.

Top 12 actually Kirby.... more is the pity..... he was a top 10 pick if I had my way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.