Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

I was giving some thought to Josh Rosen yesterday (as you do) and I came to the conclusion that his current circumstance is pretty similar to the one that Connor Cook found himself in before his senior season at Michigan State.

• Both in a relatively pro-style offense that asks them to attack deeper portions of the field more regularly.
  • Both suffered from having an offensive line that struggled to hold up in pass protection.
  • Both had an NFL-calibre RB to take some of the strain.
  • Both only really had one reliable receiving option and a bunch of guys with hands like feet beyond that (UCLA's Jordan Lasley has draftable potential).
  • Both had scouts doubting their personality.
  • Both make some of the worst decisions I've seen outside of looking in a mirror.

I've charted 10 games of Rosen's now and I charted two seasons worth of Cook's throws. At some point soon, I'll get all of that data together and compare them side-by-side.

this is worrisome.

I really want to like the kid but he's so cavalier with the football, he should be obliged to end up in Cleveland.

Ball security in the pocket is a massive issue. Think he's had 3 fumbles and 2 INT's returned for scores in the 10 games I've watched.

sounding more and more like a Jay Cutler- talent for days but just doesn't have it between the ears...

Edited by JaCrispy

sounding more and more like a Jay Cutler- talent for days but just doesn't have it between the ears...

He's already had 2 different schemes, he's heading into his 3rd different OC this year. Jedd Fisch should keep most of the pro-style elements but his record isn't exactly a glowing one.

Fact of the matter is, Josh has to start getting the simple things down like spotting the blitz, accounting for the free rusher, finding his hot routes. Hopefully Fisch helps him with that.

I'm pulling for Cardale, but already seems to be marked for roster-death.. :cry:

...what sustained accomplishments at the collegiate level make you want to pull for him or is it more about wanting to see a kid fulfill his NFL dream?......as an aside, I hope that TT can overcome his shortcomings and succeed at this level.....only an azzclown would root against these kids......never understood it................

He's already had 2 different schemes, he's heading into his 3rd different OC this year. Jedd Fisch should keep most of the pro-style elements but his record isn't exactly a glowing one.

Fact of the matter is, Josh has to start getting the simple things down like spotting the blitz, accounting for the free rusher, finding his hot routes. Hopefully Fisch helps him with that.

Rosen is also horrendous on the run and outside the pocket

Lamar Jackson isn't there yet but check out the TD throw at 7:41 (especially the reverse angle). My lord, it's pretty.

http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/07/08/lamar-jackson-vs-north-carolina-state-2016/

That's why he will be such a polarizing player. We will see things that maybe no one else in the world can do. We just won't see it consistently. If he becomes more consistent he will go early. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Josh Allen is the guy i bet we target. Huge size 6'5 233. Cannon of an arm to hold up in the Buffalo wind. Pretty athletic for the Dennison offence. Hes also has no off field red flags something mcdermott preaches.

That's why he will be such a polarizing player. We will see things that maybe no one else in the world can do. We just won't see it consistently. If he becomes more consistent he will go early.

He's a guy I definitely hope makes full use of the next 2 years to develop as a passer. After doing some deep study on him, he's a much more accomplished guy in the pocket than I thought he was from watching highlights of him and a couple of live games.

He lets a few throws with a low degree of difficulty get away from him and his biggest charting weakness was deep sideline. He's money on post/seam routes down the middle though. Not "all in" just yet but I like the kid.

I'd like to see their offense grow with him and have him using his legs a little less. Although, just for my own satisfaction, they really need to keep their inverted veer game intact. It's unstoppable.

I just hope Peterman and Cardale can show some promise this season. Trading up is expensive

Wouldnt it be great if TT, Cardale or Petterman grab the Buffalo by the horns and control this team to a major turnaround and we can use our TWO #1s on something else?

• 2 weeks later...

Like what I read about Falk and Rosen, this will give us more options if they step up.

The article says Falk is obsessed with copying Brady, even down to his nutrition...he is a leader on and off the field and is loved by everyone...Don't be surprised if this guy is the 1st or 2nd QB off the board, especially if Darnold stays in school...Bills would be very fortunate to get Falk...let's just hope the teams ahead of us are dumb enough not to take him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.