Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Darnold is playing with a weak OL. When all is said and done he is probably going to be the first qb taken off the board. What makes him special is not his athleticism or tools so much as he knows how to play the position. His intrinsic traits are his best traits. You can't teach what he possesses.

Yep

I have this sinking feeling that the Bills are targeting Josh Allen in the 2nd rd. I believe they will strengthen the defense with the 1st two picks unless Darnold falls into their lap

Nearly half the teams are going to be interested in getting a qb in the next draft. Some legacy teams such as the Steeler, the Giants and Cardinals will also be in the mix for selecting a qb. If a team is seriously interested in a top tier prospect the best approach would be to select a qb one round earlier than later rather than taking a risk of losing a qb the franchise is interested in.

The Texans traded up in the first round in the last draft to select Watson. Does anyone think that they regret taking that move? When considering drafting a qb dithering is a losing proposition.

Some peopl are starting to notice that the Emperor is stark f-ing naked.

I think John has a point talking about his OL. Lost Wheeler, Mama, Banner last year. Ended up losing the replacements at OT for freshmen during the week/game.

The scary thing is that he's missed throws this year that he made as a freshman, he's making some poor decisions. He's putting the ball in harms way more often. The talent is clearly there but as the sample size grows, he's regressing toward the mean a little. This is why you don't anoint anyone off one season :D

I think John has a point talking about his OL. Lost Wheeler, Mama, Banner last year. Ended up losing the replacements at OT for freshmen during the week/game.

The scary thing is that he's missed throws this year that he made as a freshman, he's making some poor decisions. He's putting the ball in harms way more often. The talent is clearly there but as the sample size grows, he's regressing toward the mean a little. This is why you don't anoint anyone off one season :D

Have you done any evaluating of Mason Rudolph? I watched him for part of his game with Texas Tech. He impressed me. The analyst compared him to Ben Roethlisberger because of his size and ability to play from the pocket.

I'm also touting Lamar Jackson who is transitioning from being a scintillating athlete to becoming more of a qb.

My ideal situation is to have a grouping of five or so that the Bills will be in a position to get one from the group. That is assuming that this organization seizes the opportunity?

Have you done any evaluating of Mason Rudolph? I watched him for part of his game with Texas Tech. He impressed me. The analyst compared him to Ben Roethlisberger because of his size and ability to play from the pocket.

I'm also touting Lamar Jackson who is transitioning from being a scintillating athlete to becoming more of a qb.

My ideal situation is to have a grouping of five or so that the Bills will be in a position to get one from the group. That is assuming that this organization seizes the opportunity?

I've not had the chance to watch anything of Mason this year. I've seen highlights watching other games but that's about it. I was indifferent on him as a prospect watching him over the summer, probably 4th round grade off 2016 games. I think he's going to be a tough evaluation for me.

I'm with you on Lamar. I thought he played really nicely against Purdue and the whole offense got overwhelmed by Clemson. Perfect world, he stays for his senior year but that's probably not happening. All the WR talk with him is supremely lazy bull ****, kid is a QB.

Darnold is playing with a weak OL. When all is said and done he is probably going to be the first qb taken off the board. What makes him special is not his athleticism or tools so much as he knows how to play the position. His intrinsic traits are his best traits. You can't teach what he possesses.

....thanks for clarification....much appreciated.......

What traits are those, John? So far this year, he looks like a turnover factory. What "intrinsic traits" are you seeing? I'm seeing a less mobile, less competitive version of Kevin Hogan.

Darnold may be regressing, but it's worth pointing out that USC has been absolutely ravaged by injuries that go beyond the OL. Here is a list of starters that were injured on Friday night, according to Twitter user @ShotgunSpr:

LT

RG

RT

WR

WR

TE

CB

OLB

DT

What traits are those, John? So far this year, he looks like a turnover factory. What "intrinsic traits" are you seeing? I'm seeing a less mobile, less competitive version of Kevin Hogan.

Read Willyville Guy's post #934.

If you don't consider him a top tier prospect that is your choice. Is he a finished product? Absolutely not. He has room to grow as a player. I consider him one of the top qb prospects in this draft, as do most of the analysts.

I've not had the chance to watch anything of Mason this year. I've seen highlights watching other games but that's about it. I was indifferent on him as a prospect watching him over the summer, probably 4th round grade off 2016 games. I think he's going to be a tough evaluation for me.

I'm with you on Lamar. I thought he played really nicely against Purdue and the whole offense got overwhelmed by Clemson. Perfect world, he stays for his senior year but that's probably not happening. All the WR talk with him is supremely lazy bull ****, kid is a QB.

I agree with you from a development standpoint staying another year under the tutelage of Petrino his preparation for the pro game would be more advanced. You can even say the same thing for Darnold at USC who really hasn't had all that much playing time. But I'm not knocking any player who chooses to go for the money instead of staying in school. It's a personal decision that each player has to make for himself.

Read Willyville Guy's post #934.

If you don't consider him a top tier prospect that is your choice. Is he a finished product? Absolutely not. He has room to grow as a player. I consider him one of the top qb prospects in this draft, as do most of the analysts.

Again, what are these "intrinsic traits" of Darnold that make him such a great prospect and a clear upgrade from Tyrod? Willyville's post does not list those traits and neither do you. If you can't identify them, then I would suggest that they are a product of your imagination.

Again, what are these "intrinsic traits" of Darnold that make him such a great prospect and a clear upgrade from Tyrod? Willyville's post does not list those traits and neither do you. If you can't identify them, then I would suggest that they are a product of your imagination.

Watch him play. He uses the whole field and he goes through progressions. He's got the vision that you can't teach. You either have it or not.

Blokes, the more I see Deshaun Watson excel in Houston, the more I want the Bills to draft Lamar Jackson. His ability to extend plays with his legs and his approved accuracy along with "Shady" in the backfield can be a DEADLY combination

I think Cob O'Korn would be an upgrade.

O'Korn came in and played with a lot of emotion behind an underperforming OL. We'll see if he can build on that and get better protection in the coming weeks. I'm pretty sure the DLs at OSU, MSU, and PSU are chomping at the bit to get after him or anyone else back there based on TTUN's play so far this season.

@CFBFilmRoom

Over the past 2 weeks, Sam Darnold is 4-23 (17.4%) with 0 TD, 2 Int on throws 10+ yards downfield

DLFL1fqV4AA88iC.jpg

Some WRs would help

Less mobile, less competitive?? LOOOOOOLLLLL, now your just a hater, moving on.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.