Top NFL QB Prospects for 2018

PIZ

Clayton Thorson*, QB, Northwestern

Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.

Projected 40 Time: 4.78.

Projected Round (2018): 1-3.

9/28/17: Scouts who have been through Northwestern have told me that they were impressed with what they saw from Thorson (6-4, 225) on tape and in practice. Thorson has shown that he has pro potential in terms of his skill set. He can throw the deep out with a fastball that can be fit into tight windows.

Thorson has quality mechanics with a quick delivery. Scouts say that he has a super strong arm, is smart, athletic, and has improved as a junior.

9/28/17: Scouts who have been through Northwestern have told me that they were impressed with what they saw from Thorson (6-4, 225) on tape and in practice. Thorson has shown that he has pro potential in terms of his skill set. He can throw the deep out with a fastball that can be fit into tight windows.
Thorson has quality mechanics with a quick delivery. Scouts say that he has a super strong arm, is smart, athletic, and has improved as a junior.

Dont see it at all with Thorson. He and Drew Locke come up as darlings in the scouting world so I am obviously missing something on both of them.

@theMMQB

The Sam Darnold Hype Train Slows. One veteran NFL scout: “Not ready for primetime yet.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/03/sam-darnold-usc-quarterback-2018-draft-washington-state-loss

I have some advice for everyone following a bad team—and, as a result, all the top college quarterbacks—and it really boils down to two words: Chill out.

USC’s Sam Darnold looked like crap on Friday night at Washington State. He threw for 164 yards after crossing the 200-yard threshold in each of his first 14 starts. He fell below 60 percent completions for just the second time as a starter (he was at 57.1 percent against Texas on Sept. 16), and in Pullman was well below that mark (51.7). He didn’t throw a touchdown pass for the first time since his first start.

And the truth is, that this wasn’t just the stats. Darnold really struggled, as the Trojans’ 13-game win streak, dating back to the quarterback’s second start, was snapped.

“He has a slight hitch, a wind-up in his throw, and he does stare down receivers,” said one veteran evaluator. “He’s still learning to read defenses. This is a young kid. Not ready for primetime yet. He has the tools, but he’s too inconsistent, and the hype doesn’t help him either. Overall, he has a lot of ability but he’s just not there yet.”

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

Didn't look to good against Wisconsin.

http://sportsnaut.com/2017/10/scouts-uscs-sam-darnold-will-stay-in-school/

Report: Scouts saying that USC’s Sam Darnold will stay in school

Probably for the best, we will just get him in 2019.

@theMMQB

The Sam Darnold Hype Train Slows. One veteran NFL scout: “Not ready for primetime yet.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/03/sam-darnold-usc-quarterback-2018-draft-washington-state-loss

Rosen looked pretty bad last year after a strong freshman season, but has improved tremendously this year. I expect the same for Darnold next season.

If Darnold ends up busting, we'll know who to blame. :rolleyes:

Trust The Process ;)

Didn't look to good against Wisconsin.

Probably for the best, we will just get him in 2019.

Rosen looked pretty bad last year after a strong freshman season, but has improved tremendously this year. I expect the same for Darnold next season.

Trust The Process ;)

I agree on Thorson. I watched that game and just didn't see it. I am no QB expert but when I watch a college game I look at certain plays and think "that's an NFL play." As an example that throw Tyrod made to Clay in traffic was that type of play. You see that and it separates guys. I don't see that with Thorson. I didn't see it with Peterman. Spotty accuracy and no difference making throws lead me to believe that he will be just a guy. I may end being wrong but that's just how I feel. If you watch some of the throws these top guys are making it is different.

I am looking forward to this Saturday because for the first time in a couple of weeks I will be home Saturday evening with no plans and the way the day's slate works I get a chance to watch two of the guys I've not seen much yet.

I'll start at 5pm UK time with Baker Mayfield's Oklahoma Sooners vs Iowa State;

Then I'll turn my attention to Sam Darnold's attempt to bounce back as USC play Oregan State;

And finally I will try to stay awake for Luke Falk's Washington State Cougars take on Oregan.

Will be my first proper full game look at Mayfield and Falk this season so feel like I will have a better feel for all the supposed top guys coming out of this week.

I am looking forward to this Saturday because for the first time in a couple of weeks I will be home Saturday evening with no plans and the way the day's slate works I get a chance to watch two of the guys I've not seen much yet.

I'll start at 5pm UK time with Baker Mayfield's Oklahoma Sooners vs Iowa State;

Then I'll turn my attention to Sam Darnold's attempt to bounce back as USC play Oregan State;

And finally I will try to stay awake for Luke Falk's Washington State Cougars take on Oregan.

Will be my first proper full game look at Mayfield and Falk this season so feel like I will have a better feel for all the supposed top guys coming out of this week.

Darnold/USC will undoubtedly bounce back against the Beavers, who are quite possibly the worst division 1A team in the country.

The Oregon v. Washington State game should be a good one. The Ducks lost their very promising QB (Justin Herbert) for the year last weekend and they might be running out a true freshman. I'm not a Falk believer, but I can still be convinced.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.